Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well I found out the answer to why my new stock inventory MY has been sitting around in Southampton since mid-March and it was due to the LeasePlan company not taking ownership of it. For the past few weeks they've been speaking with the DVLA to deregister the car but they only had a 7 day window to do that,

A nice lady from Tesla just called me to explain that I wouldn't be the first owner of the car and whether I was happy to still collect it tomorrow. The car had a £800 discount applied to it anyway but as this was the first time I've been told about it she offered me a brand new same spec car (Blk/Blk/20) to be collected at the end of this month if I wanted it but without the discount.

I turned down the offer as I'm not fussed about being the 2nd owner of a delivery mileage car (plus I've already arranged insurance/breakdown etc...)

So for those people with the same spec on order then you might be receiving an EDD update and a VIN in the next few hours. You can thank me later!!!
I’m curious, if the lease company didn’t take ownership of the car then how will you be the 2nd owner?

Also, it’s illegal to charge VAT on what is now technically a used vehicle so you should be saving 20% immediately. I totally get you want the car and probably don’t mind but if you’re the second owner legally then it should sold to you as such

Reactions: macray76
I’m curious, if the lease company didn’t take ownership of the car then how will you be the 2nd owner?

Also, it’s illegal to charge VAT on what is now technically a used vehicle so you should be saving 20% immediately. I totally get you want the car and probably don’t mind but if you’re the second owner legally then it should sold to you as such
Sorry I should have said they didn't take delivery/collection of vehicle. Possibly the lease company ordered a number of vehicles so Tesla just registers them all en-masse and it was only after the 7 days were up did LeasePlan tell them they didn't want one of them?

Interesting point on the VAT so thanks for that. I suspect this falls under the pre-registered rule...

VAT pre-registered or nearly new cars
When a car is pre-registered, it is effectively bought by a dealership, which pays the VAT and reclaims it under the 'stock-in-trade' rule that assumes the car will be sold within 12 months. VAT is charged when a private customer buys the car.
So the lease company is considered to be in the motor trade so I think this counts.

Reactions: T_MY
Sorry I should have said they didn't take delivery/collection of vehicle. Possibly the lease company ordered a number of vehicles so Tesla just registers them all en-masse and it was only after the 7 days were up did LeasePlan tell them they didn't want one of them?

Interesting point on the VAT so thanks for that. I suspect this falls under the pre-registered rule...

So the lease company is considered to be in the motor trade so I think this counts.
Though I will say that Tesla support have been excellent this afternoon.

Received call at 3.30pm to say they were waiting on LeasePlan to find the physical V5 document so they can transfer ownership to me but without that I can't collect tomorrow. Luke said they are doing all they can to chase it.

Received call at 4.50pm to confirm all is good. Relief all round!

He said this is a very unique situation as they've not dealt with a lease company pulling out of an order so late and then trying to deregister it to them. I'm surprised there wasn't any MY LeasePlan customers who wouldn't have taken it!

Though I will say that Tesla support have been excellent this afternoon.

Received call at 3.30pm to say they were waiting on LeasePlan to find the physical V5 document so they can transfer ownership to me but without that I can't collect tomorrow. Luke said they are doing all they can to chase it.

Received call at 4.50pm to confirm all is good. Relief all round!

He said this is a very unique situation as they've not dealt with a lease company pulling out of an order so late and then trying to deregister it to them. I'm surprised there wasn't any MY LeasePlan customers who wouldn't have taken it!
Just enjoy your new car.all the anxiety of recent weeks will lift when you drive away. Congrats!

Just as info - in the EU a used car is a car that has been driven more than 6000km and is 6 months old. Both requirements must be met in order to not pay VAT when reselling, so Tha can still be the case with you guys.

I know you have extra info, however I wonder if Morning Peace could be Tesla hedging their bets against a potential further Covid lockdown in China. It would seem to make sense to me if they have a several boats worth of cars they could potentially sell (lockdown allowing) in China, but definately sell in Europe to ship one off towards us.

It would still hit Barcelona and Southampton in time for Q2 on its current schedule, I'm sure there are plenty of Brits who given the choice of strictly 30th June v some time in Q3 would take June.
Absolutely, I’d train down to Southampton in a jiffy if car turned up off a late boat

My source code has changed from VIN "null" to VIN ":"

They play with us, like a Cat does a Shrew... Damn you Tesla and your mind games. Don't you realise I'm 52 years old and play far too much Call of Duty than I should.
I’m nearly 55, and I can’t even play Call of Duty, I can however watch someone else play it for hours 🤣🤣

Today my vin "changed" from "vin":"null" to "vin":"" Is this related to the shipments somehow or am I grasping at straws here?
I have the exact same too

Attachments

• EF2708BD-C838-432E-A687-814A4669BE9E.jpeg
    EF2708BD-C838-432E-A687-814A4669BE9E.jpeg
    109 KB · Views: 94