Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My source code has changed from VIN "null" to VIN ":"

They play with us, like a Cat does a Shrew... Damn you Tesla and your mind games. Don't you realise I'm 52 years old and play far too much Call of Duty than I should.
Mine too, fluctuation between that and null all morning. In ireland and not looking like we’re getting any allocation at all this quarter, but seeing that got me excited for a moment

So today. Text message

Tesla Update - Estimated delivery of your Model 3 is Sep 2022 - Nov 2022. If you won't be ready to accept delivery, or need help, reply here. Your latest delivery estimate can be seen at any time in your Tesla Account at ts.la/account

Followed by an email

As your Model 3 estimated delivery date is Sep 22 - Nov 22, you have the option to convert your order to a used vehicle for immediate delivery. With easy online ordering, you can apply for financing and receive a trade-in quote, all from the comfort of home.

Request a call and we’ll contact you within one day.

All seems very strange. The most communication I've had from them in the 4 months I've had my order and now they seem to be pushing me into the inventory.

Reactions: Millenium101
So today. Text message

Tesla Update - Estimated delivery of your Model 3 is Sep 2022 - Nov 2022. If you won't be ready to accept delivery, or need help, reply here. Your latest delivery estimate can be seen at any time in your Tesla Account at ts.la/account

Followed by an email

As your Model 3 estimated delivery date is Sep 22 - Nov 22, you have the option to convert your order to a used vehicle for immediate delivery. With easy online ordering, you can apply for financing and receive a trade-in quote, all from the comfort of home.

All seems very strange. The most communication I've had from them in the 4 months I've had my order and now they seem to be pushing me into the inventory.
I have had exactly the same, how significant is this do you think?

So today. Text message

Followed by an email

Same here. Ignored it.

I've not had any random EDD changes in about 2 weeks. Starting to feel left out!! :D :D

More seriously, can someone please explain the "no deliveries in July" thing to me, or have I misunderstood somewhere and deliveries will continue even in July?

So today. Text message

Followed by an email

I had the same email as well, I did ring to find out exactly what they were offering. Frankly honest wasn't very clear. I was told the person who deals with used vehicles isn't in the business today.

Initially, I was told to order a used car, they would then cancel my order for the new vehicle and then I would find out what finance options would be available. It doesn't look like they honour any type of finance you've already got. Talking about Tesla loan in this case.

This was then corrected to order a used car, then we'll tell you what the finance options are and then if I go through they would cancel my existing car. And they had the cheek to tell me the deposit on the used car was non-refundable, ****ing jokers.

I know you have extra info, however I wonder if Morning Peace could be Tesla hedging their bets against a potential further Covid lockdown in China. It would seem to make sense to me if they have a several boats worth of cars they could potentially sell (lockdown allowing) in China, but definately sell in Europe to ship one off towards us.

It would still hit Barcelona and Southampton in time for Q2 on its current schedule, I'm sure there are plenty of Brits who given the choice of strictly 30th June v some time in Q3 would take June.
Would be possible but unlikely. If they were going to knock the cars out in one day. Your tesla rep would call to confirm you can pick up on the 30th by now. All ships have sailed and cars allocated. Unless someone cancels their order.

Last edited:
More seriously, can someone please explain the "no deliveries in July" thing to me, or have I misunderstood somewhere and deliveries will continue even in July?
Tesla don't want cars sitting on boats at quarter end, they can only report a car as sold if its in the hands of the customer, as they get nearer to the end they start only making cars for markets they can deliver in time.

It takes 5ish weeks to get a car to the UK so at about that point they will stop making UK cars and concentrate on JP,AU,NZ etc, where they can still get cars on boats and delivered.

After that when there are only a few weeks to go they start focusing on local markets only, where they can still get the cars in the hands of customers before quarter end.

Start of the next quarter and around the cycle we go again but now even if they make a UK car on the 1st July it won't arrive here and in a customers hands until mid August.

Tesla don't want cars sitting on boats at quarter end, they can only report a car as sold if its in the hands of the customer, as they get nearer to the end they start only making cars for markets they can deliver in time.

It takes 5ish weeks to get a car to the UK so at about that point they will stop making UK cars and concentrate on JP,AU,NZ etc, where they can still get cars on boats and delivered.

After that when there are only a few weeks to go they start focusing on local markets only, where they can still get the cars in the hands of customers before quarter end.

Start of the next quarter and around the cycle we go again but now even if they make a UK car on the 1st July it won't arrive here and in a customers hands until mid August.
Ahh, that makes sense, in a frustrating way ;)

Thanks for the explanation!

Reactions: Frizzy
Help me understand this VIN malarkey folks.

My EDD was pushed out to Sept/Oct a couple of weeks ago. My trade in expired and the new valuation arrived yesterday morning, £2.9k less than the original :confused: But yesterday afternoon a VIN appeared in my source code. Previously there was no VIN. I’ve had no communication from Tesla on VIN and the EDD remains at Sept/Oct.

So, does the appearance of a VIN in source code mean my MY is actually on one of these ships and I’ve been assigned a vehicle? And that my delivery may actually get pulled back into June/July? Or am I clutching at straws?

Reactions: guicane
I have the honour to announce the THEBEN competition on behalf of @Mr Miserable

The results are in!

We didn't have a direct hit in this competition.
At 1200z today the ship was located in Grid Square R3 and within its Minor Square 17

The closest, and therefore the winning, entry was @LoneRanger (R3 12) who was just 84 NM off target. (Distance measured from the centre of the chosen square to the ship's position at midday)
In 2nd place was @Andenan (R3 12) who was a mere 84 NM off target.
In 3rd place was @prizos (R3 13) who was 86 NM off target.

Both @Andenan and @LoneRanger chose the same square but the win was awarded to @LoneRanger as the square was chosen 6 days earlier!

Congratulations to all, but there isn't so much as even a cuddly toy to win!

Some trivia for you:
The most popular Major Square was O1
The most popular Minor Square overall was 18
If you had chosen that combination, which nobody did, you would have ended up 898 NM off target.
Yehey!!!! Just wait until I tell Mrs L ... she will be soooo proud! And now for my next prediction .... my EDD will be pushed back ... again! I have of course changed my signature to reflect this accolade! 🤣

Last edited: