Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd simply ask them mild open questions on how they plan on handling PPF and the specifics of Tesla's sensors. This then has you relying on their professionalism, while gathering more information and hopefully setting your mind at rest.

(also I suspect this question is probably best in a dedicated post, rather than in the "Delivery" thread...)
Thank for for that.

I fully admitted being off piste but for good reasons.

My post is already in a dedicated thread but I fear my Q2 mates, whose opinions and knowledge based feedback I appreciate, may not see it.

I count you among that number:) Did you see it in the other thread?;)

We use a company in Basingstoke called TKdetailing, absouletely brilliant. These did my previous Alpine A110 and are very knowledgable generally when they apply these things.

I have my booked in on the 7th/8th July after I collect 30th for a full front end PPF and paint job correction/new car finish where they seal inside and outside. £1600 all in .
Sounds great. All the best.

I'd simply ask them mild open questions on how they plan on handling PPF and the specifics of Tesla's sensors. This then has you relying on their professionalism, while gathering more information and hopefully setting your mind at rest.

(also I suspect this question is probably best in a dedicated post, rather than in the "Delivery" thread...)
😅😂🤣

It looks like @JOL1 shares your suspicions...egad!
Now then....Orders from SWMBO! So I am signing out until tonight.
Have a great afternoon all.

Thank for for that.

I fully admitted being off piste but for good reasons.

My post is already in a dedicated thread but I fear my Q2 mates, whose opinions and knowledge based feedback I appreciate, may not see it.

I count you among that number:) Did you see it in the other thread?;)
It's true, I didn't, but that's mostly because I didn't feel I could offer much to the topic of "Can anyone recommend a decent PPF detailer in the UK?" so didn't continue reading down :)

Please don't take my "separate thread" comment as a moan or criticism though; it was at best just an observation and a thought that you might get better results from conversation on a new post, then maybe crossposting a link to your "new" post into here asking for Q2 folks's views to help keep the different conversation flows in their own lane. But no problems from me either way, was genuinely more concerned about answering your questions.

Reactions: Wattsisname
It's true, I didn't, but that's mostly because I didn't feel I could offer much to the topic of "Can anyone recommend a decent PPF detailer in the UK?" so didn't continue reading down :)

Please don't take my "separate thread" comment as a moan or criticism though; it was at best just an observation and a thought that you might get better results from conversation on a new post, then maybe crossposting a link to your "new" post into here asking for Q2 folks's views to help keep the different conversation flows in their own lane. But no problems from me either way, was genuinely more concerned about answering your questions.
Thanks mate. I am up not up with the cross linking methodology so popped it in both. Your response was, with its sage advice about the PPF,
helpful and gratefully received.

Reactions: Utumno
I've learned something to ask my PPF installer that I wouldn't have found. What the problem with 6th sensor? Happy for a PM / link to read more.
It was a poor pun; there are six sensors at the front (also at the rear but I am not PPFing the rear). They are all of equal important. It was a poor
poor pun: We must protect "Tesla's sixth sense".

Nah! You had to be there:).

But I am glad you now share my anxiety:eek: not really:) it's just something else to be aware of:)
I never allow statements like "I'm sure they know what they are doing..." deter me anymore because, as a maxim, it has too often proved to be questionable .....at best!

I do not refer here to the detailing profession in any way (yet) because, the forthcoming project is my first experience of PPF installers and detailing.
My expectations are high!:cool:

But enough end of term fun or I shall get in profound dodo!

If you have recently ordered your new Tesla you might like to add it to the Frizzy's Database and also see how others are getting on with their orders. If you are one of the lucky Q2 chosen ones and have or are picking up your beautiful purchase, please remember to update your entry if you made one to show it as collected by clicking here. Thanks :)
Thanks @Frizzy . I get Authorization error when I add multiple filters. Works fine with single filter. lol do you need a ticket for this 😁 ?

1655986088425.png