Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well said. Maybe @beasty54 should wait until he receives his car before making an assumption. He may actually be very surprised. My Y was spotless yesterday.
Not quite sure why I'm getting jumped on for my comments? the video clearly showed 2 Tesla's not in great condition, especially the foot prints inside one of them. I'm not suggesting all handovers are like that but, those 2 cars (and you definitely hear about more) shouldn't have been in that condition.

What assumption did I make anyway? I commented on what I saw in a collection video, I wasn't assuming anything.

Last edited:
Not quite sure why I'm getting jumped on for my comments? the video clearly showed 2 Tesla's not in great condition, especially the foot prints inside one of them. I'm not suggesting all handovers are like that but, those 2 cars (and you definitely hear about more) shouldn't have been in that condition.

What assumption did I make anyway? I commented on what I saw in a collection video, I wasn't assuming anything.
I'm sure we're all just being twitchy and excited.... no harm meant....

HEY - that was a Q1 (video) collection.... so far, Q2 appears good good good..... so onwards and upwards all!!!....

Well today was the day - received the txt that my MYLR would be delivered to my home between 9:22 and 1:22 today, sat expectantly gazing out the windows expecting the truck anytime when at 10:20 we receive call from Tesla saying an issue with logistics meant my car will not be arriving ! it was still on the dock at Southampton!!

Totally deflated and annoyed at the set of circumstances, surely somebody new yesterday that the car was not going to be delivered ?

After a heated discussion with Tesla the car is now being moved to Newcastle tomorrow where we have an appointment at 10:30 Monday morning to collect it.

Poor show Tesla!!!

Well today was the day - received the txt that my MYLR would be delivered to my home between 9:22 and 1:22 today, sat expectantly gazing out the windows expecting the truck anytime when at 10:20 we receive call from Tesla saying an issue with logistics meant my car will not be arriving ! it was still on the dock at Southampton!!

Totally deflated and annoyed at the set of circumstances, surely somebody new yesterday that the car was not going to be delivered ?

After a heated discussion with Tesla the car is now being moved to Newcastle tomorrow where we have an appointment at 10:30 Monday morning to collect it.

Poor show Tesla!!!
It sucks to be let down when you’re all excited for the big day, but be mindful, you’ve only been delayed a couple days and you’ll still get your precious this quarter!

Try to focus on the positive and get some excitement back for Monday.

For the rest of us, September is still far away…

It sucks to be let down when you’re all excited for the big day, but be mindful, you’ve only been delayed a couple days and you’ll still get your precious this quarter!

Try to focus on the positive and get some excitement back for Monday.

For the rest of us, September is still far away…
You are correct, feel kind of blessed it has happened this quarter to be honest, we only ordered in March and with the production issues was not expecting anything this soon! Just a bit naffed off tbh, we returned another lease car yesterday and initially was told it was doing to be the month end until I managed to get them to do Monday, I would have been hiring a car to work next week if not!!

Reactions: Wattsisname

Poor show Tesla!!!
Out of interest what colour / specification did you order.

Huh I didn’t even know there were old and new light clusters 😂 I shall Google…
No indeed. But I am not too fussed because, I gather, with Tesla there is no way to fully describe the "latest spec" because there will be an update before you have finished a paragraph:) T

There will always be something that I miss out on because:
......Me wait!?.......Nooooo! I want it yesterday so that I can drive it tomorrow.

But what of today I hear you ask ?..... I will be too busy making a video of how good the Ys looks at Delivery in Q2 and thereby make Q1 owners wish they had waited😍🤞

Love n Peace

Poor show Tesla!!!
Commiserations of the highest order.

I've seen strong men cry at Newcastle when they discovered that the Fog on the Tyne is not, in fact, all theirs.

Based on your heart breaking experience, I am wondering at the wisdom of me renting a couple of strong men in white coats equipped with a straight jacket in case my pleasant trucker falls ill with an undefined lurgy, at the twelfth hour, and fails to deliver Lizzie to Staines on time.

Now then.... SWMBO say " I've been trying to organise a straight jacket for you for weeks.... maybe if I cut off the power and hide your phone......
...Oh yes; and tell that nice Mr NeilP74 that it will soon seem like a bad dream....at least that's what I'm hoping for myself"

Reactions: Snowy77
Xttatsbox thank you for that. We are actually staying overnight with my nephew very close to BSE. He is Lizzie's son. The day we go to an airbnb near Southwold via Hinderclay for a cupper with Lizzie's husband,

When we collect Lizzie from the Spa, I will drive her for the first time.🥳

Listen out for a fart on the evening of 7th July.😀
Pop over to Aldeburgh and go and see Susie at Munchies. Quite brilliant Cafe 👍🏻

Reactions: Wattsisname
You are correct, feel kind of blessed it has happened this quarter to be honest, we only ordered in March and with the production issues was not expecting anything this soon! Just a bit naffed off tbh, we returned another lease car yesterday and initially was told it was doing to be the month end until I managed to get them to do Monday, I would have been hiring a car to work next week if not!!
Unfortunate but trust me this time Monday it will be a distant memory. Try not to let todays experience take the gloss of your excitement and enjoyment.

Poor show Tesla!!!

Sorry to hear you are deflated by not getting your delivery by a day.

Perhaps you could spare us a thought for the people who have not got a date this quarter, despite ordering in time for June delivery.

Maybe you should count your blessings (as my mother in law would say) and enjoy the fact you will get your car tomorrow, when some of us have literally no idea when ours will arrive?

• Disagree
Reactions: Sw1000 and GDW1986
Sorry to hear you are deflated by not getting your delivery by a day.

Perhaps you could spare us a thought for the people who have not got a date this quarter, despite ordering in time for June delivery.

Maybe you should count your blessings (as my mother in law would say) and enjoy the fact you will get your car tomorrow, when some of us have literally no idea when ours will arrive?
Stop being spikey. The guy was only telling the group about his experience, which I may add is a kick in the nuts. He's probably served his time, waiting for his car, your time will come. People have to take days off work etc to collect cars, it's a commitment. Myself, I pick mine up up next week, the next day, we drive it on holiday, so if mine was delayed, it would be an issue. Just be happy for people instead of bringing them down. 😁

Stop being spikey. The guy was only telling the group about his experience, which I may add is a kick in the nuts. He's probably served his time, waiting for his car, your time will come. People have to take days off work etc to collect cars, it's a commitment. Myself, I pick mine up up next week, the next day, we drive it on holiday, so if mine was delayed, it would be an issue. Just be happy for people instead of bringing them down. 😁

Please post lots of pics, same spec as mine (sod the holiday packing, pics are more important) ;)

We're all jealous of those getting their cars in Q2, it's just human nature, we just all need to play nice :)

Happy for anyone that gets their car this quarter, I know my time will come, just as everyone else's will. Despite what you think I'm not being spikey, but 1 day is 1 day. Being fair to everyone on here. Disappointment is OK, but seriously 1 day? Some of us have made arrangements months in advance based on dates, just to have to sort out alternatives. One day most people can live with, (especially at a weekend), holidays booked 6 months ago can't be changed that easily when whole quarters are pushed out. Just putting things into perspective 😌

• Disagree
Reactions: T_MY
Happy for anyone that gets their car this quarter, I know my time will come, just as everyone else's will. Despite what you think I'm not being spikey, but 1 day is 1 day. Being fair to everyone on here. Disappointment is OK, but seriously 1 day? Some of us have made arrangements months in advance based on dates, just to have to sort out alternatives. One day most people can live with, (especially at a weekend), holidays booked 6 months ago can't be changed that easily when whole quarters are pushed out. Just putting things into perspective 😌
Tbh, if you've planned anything months in advance when buying a tesla then you need to read a bit more about how the brand treats delivery!! I've had 6 date ranges 6!! You can't plan anything

Tbh, if you've planned anything months in advance when buying a tesla then you need to read a bit more about how the brand treats delivery!! I've had 6 date ranges 6!! You can't plan anything

You have had a rollercoaster of dates, as have we all and in 4 days you will enjoy your brand new Tesla, as we would all like to. I'm going to play nice as @Fezza suggested and leave it at that.

really!