Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Gorgeous! A little more info on the "3M" stick plate....Please.

And, can it work on PPF. not the mythical Tesla PPF but thePPF which is being fitted to LizziePym.

Thank you
The orginal Tesla plate mount is in 2 pieces, the outer plate holder (the bit that says tesla on it) and the mount. The plate holder is attached with screws to the mount, ONLY remove the plate holder and leave the mount, 3M tape the plate to the mount.

The orginal Tesla plate mount is in 2 pieces, the outer plate holder (the bit that says tesla on it) and the mount. The plate holder is attached with screws to the mount, ONLY remove the plate holder and leave the mount, 3M tape the plate to the mount.
Thank you:).
I could not understand how, in some pictures, such as your own gleaming Y, the plate looks flush to the non flat, indented bonnet shape without any visible external support. Looking forward to collecting her from her spa on Thursday when will take a close look at the plates.

Last edited:
Thank you:).
I could not understand how, in some pictures, such as your own gleaming Y, the plate looks flush to the non flat, indented bonnet shape without any visible external support. Looking forward to collecting her from her spa on Thursday when will take a close look at the plates.
This video is useful 👌

For anyone interested in the 0-60 times totally stock without the "Acceleration Boost" using a Dragy.:cool:

Dragy time.png

Question about delivery and 1st notification. How soon after a ship departs do you get notification that it is inbound?
Well, if you are matched to a car, you will have a VIN assigned (hidden in your account) when the ship reaches the Suez Canal (typically).

You probably won't receive an SMS regarding the match until the ship is 1 week from port, thats approx a further 10-14 days after the Suez Canal.

Caveat, it can happen anytime, the process isn't always replicated in the same manner every shipment.

For anyone looking at trade-in values that will be taking delivery this quarter, I found Tesla to be very bad value wise.

Funnily just traded in our 3 year old Skoda Kodiaq (only 15k miles on the clock), purchased 3 years back for 33k new. webuyanycar offered me £25,100. Had a few stone chips etc so offered me 24,5k on physical inspection. Also it's part of the sales game to haggle a little bit more.

Whole process took less then 30 mins and they were very good.

Tesla offered us 23k on trade-in for our model Y but we turned that down. Offer values were between 24-26k without seeing the car so I consider them quite reasonably.

Webuyanycar pretty much zero hassle ,Model Y being enjoyed also

When I placed the order in March Tesla offered around £1K more for my Q5 than webuyanycar, which would have applied to the original May EDD. Of course this expired a couple of months ago due to the rescheduled delivery dates and since then my account has been showing ‘valuation in progress’. Can I assume that I won’t get a valuation until 60 days before the latest dates of August 9th - Sept 18th?