Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ohhhhh…. Does that come off, I’ve had a few thoughts of “that plastic surround seems a bit cheap & nasty” when I’ve been adjusting the rvm…..
Do you know what, I've been fiddling with that, thinking, this can't be the mirror surround, it's all loose. The missus keeps saying 'leave it, you're going to break it', lol. So it is actually just a shipping thing?

I notice your EDD in a previous post and that's pretty narrow, which should be a good sign. 🤞 Alao read somewhere that there is a pattern (US focus) that newer sales at the new price get prioritised over older sales at the original price. So many who bought recently were getting their cars sooner compared to people who bought at the original price 10 months ago.

Q2 was one hell of a roller coaster a lot of us do not fancy going through that again. One thing it has tought us Q2ers is that no EDD is for certain until you are sitting behind the wheel. 😊

I am hoping a lot of us now are going to get our cars in Q3 based on how things are going.. But like always, let's wait and see. 😎
You may get the odd car that goes to someone that ordered late, but in my experience, that's normally lease. When all the vins were being allocated in June, there seemed an orderly queue. Most of the people that had vins had ordered before me. I was told by a Tesla sa, that they do it in date order as much as they can.

Tesla doesn't allow AB to be moved - it stays and dies with the car. Same with EAP and FSD. It would need to be re-purchased.
Even in the case of an accident and vehicle write off!?
When the customers, en masse, protest a Tesla policy, Elon usually gives their opinions due consideration. Having regard to how few Teslas LR/SR cars are written off and of those, how many have the Boost, I doubt Tesla would risking a major revenue loss by reinstalling the Boost........but what do I know:)

Last edited:
Reactions: Snowy77
Good point! however it is changing the original acceleration on specs and most importantly red flagging the driver as a high risk driver - at least this is my understanding of the insurance world but I am not an expert by any means. In the new era of high tech software based vehicles probably there is room for interpretation - we will all find out along the way☺️
What if the specs that are published for the car are in fact with the Acceleration Boost enabled? I know that when I have looked at comparison sites the information on power outputs looks “odd”. (Shows the Performance as 557 and the LR as 507 - it doesn’t say what these numbers are by the way 🤣🤣🤣)

Reactions: Wattsisname
What if the specs that are published for the car are in fact with the Acceleration Boost enabled? I know that when I have looked at comparison sites the information on power outputs looks “odd”. (Shows the Performance as 557 and the LR as 507 - it doesn’t say what these numbers are by the way 🤣🤣🤣)
On the V5C for our Model Y it lists max net power as 378 kW, which converts to 506.9 BHP. Interestingly that is more than the kW shown for our M3P (360).

Even in the case of an accident and vehicle write off!?
When the customers, en masse, protest a Tesla policy, Elon usually gives their options due consideration. Having regard to how few Teslas LR/SR cars are written off and of those, how many have the Boost, I doubt Tesla would risking a major revenue loss by reinstalling the Boost........but what do I know:)
I had this confirmation to. The addons stay with the car, so you sell or have an accident and the upgrades die with the car.. It is supposed to be repurchased with insurance or when getting a new car. It's also to "help" retain more car value if you do sell supposedly. AB is a matter of choice, but it makes subscription to things like EAP a really attractive thing. That will stay with your account. We just need it to be a thing, I heard it may just be soon! I have delayed getting EAP when I heard a rumor about it going subscription. At this rate I'll wait all year, then it becomes less justified if you intend to trade in after 3 / 4 years. If you're keeping car for life I guess buying EAP sort of valid... Eh who knows. Subscription is way to go. That way I can cherry pick when I have it :D

If you're keeping car for life I guess buying EAP sort of valid...
I don't buy green bananas anymore but I did buy EAP which may be for life:). It will be a while before I am using it as I have not driven the car ten feet yet.
The fun starts tomorrow when we collect her from her detailer.....can't wait,:oops: the days since the 29th seem to have passed more slowly than the whole previous EDD; she had to languish for a few days before her treatment commenced.

I had this confirmation to. The addons stay with the car, so you sell or have an accident and the upgrades die with the car.. It is supposed to be repurchased with insurance or when getting a new car. It's also to "help" retain more car value if you do sell supposedly. AB is a matter of choice, but it makes subscription to things like EAP a really attractive thing. That will stay with your account. We just need it to be a thing, I heard it may just be soon! I have delayed getting EAP when I heard a rumor about it going subscription. At this rate I'll wait all year, then it becomes less justified if you intend to trade in after 3 / 4 years. If you're keeping car for life I guess buying EAP sort of valid... Eh who knows. Subscription is way to go. That way I can cherry pick when I have it :D
Looking at US prices right now the breakeven target seems to be 5 years ownership.
FSD is 12000$ oneoff purchase vs 199$/month

Looking at US prices right now the breakeven target seems to be 5 years ownership.
FSD is 12000$ oneoff purchase vs 199$/month
However, if you do a present value calculation on the payments over say 60 months at a discount rate of say 8%, it will workout at a lot less than $1200.
Therefore the break even point will be somewhat shorter.

Reactions: WllXM
On the V5C for our Model Y it lists max net power as 378 kW, which converts to 506.9 BHP. Interestingly that is more than the kW shown for our M3P (360).
QED. Acceleration Boost increases power by 50 bhp. The Model Y P has 527 bhp so if the AB increased the LR 378kw (507bhp) by 50bhp it would be faster than the MYP. The insurance premiums are based on the car with AB, they must be

However, if you do a present value calculation on the payments over say 60 months at a discount rate of say 8%, it will workout at a lot less than $1200.
Therefore the break even point will be somewhat shorter.
A few additional points - you may be able to choose to subscribe only on the months when you want it, eg for summer holidays, etc.

Not sure many in the UK would subscribe to FSD, but more likely EAP.

EAP has just been made available in US (it wasn’t an option in recent times) for $6k (50% of FSD) so if a subscription option was introduced (it hasn’t been yet) it could be around $99pm.

Finally, we always had EAP available in the UK - I added it to my order for £3400 which even with the weakening £ to $ works out at $4k, so a bargain? Add in the green light chime and future improvements and it becomes worth it over the life of my ownership (intended long term) IMHO.

edit:typo

A few additional points - you may be able to choose to subscribe only on the months when you want it, eg for summer holidays, etc.

Not sure many in the UK would subscribe to FSD, but more likely EAP.

EAP has just been made available in US (it wasn’t an option in recent times) for $6k (50% of FSD) so if a subscription option was introduced (it hasn’t been yet) it could be around $99pm.

Finally, we always had EAP available in the UK - I added it to my order for £3400 which even with the weakening £ to $ works out at $4k, so a bargain? Add in the green light chime and future improvements and it becomes worth it over the life of my ownership (intended long term) IMHO.

edit:typo
Took EAP too, but also for what can be considered as novelty features such as summon and autopark, so I'll hope I'll get to use the features regularly to discount that.
I figured autopark might pay for itself if it avoids curb rash when the wife is attempting to parallel park...

And yes, 99$ would make sense as it is already the price they are charging from the EAP to FSD monthly subscription

Took EAP too, but also for what can be considered as novelty features such as summon and autopark, so I'll hope I'll get to use the features regularly to discount that.
I figured autopark might pay for itself if it avoids curb rash when the wife is attempting to parallel park...

And yes, 99$ would make sense as it is already the price they are charging from the EAP to FSD monthly subscription
I bought first and did research later. Looks like those 2 features are the weakest unfortunately…

Still worth it I think for Navigate On Autopilot, which can also get better as regulations catch-up over the next few years. Tesla could also put up the price, so 3k now may or may not prove to be a wise decision. I basically bundled it with the car and treat is as the purchase price.

My concern would not be having the cost of the boost being reinstated, it's surely just a matter of switching over to the new car in case of a total loss.

My concern would be that, if you had not reported it to your insurer, they might invalidate your insurance, in the unhappy and hopefully unlikely event of a major claim.

Informing the insurer would prevent any such sneaky weasel words biting you in the rear. However, a possible issue is that the insurance agents do not seem to understand what a Tesla is all about - of course they understand the essentials - but anything not spelled out in their "book", understandably, flummoxes them.

Finally, does the Boost really make that much difference? Or, put another way, is it good value? Of course, if the latter were an essential part of our purchasing criteria, we would not buy much:).... or, am I a cynic......

Now then......SWMBO tells me that, thankfully, I do not qualify for Oscar Wilde's definition of a cynic.........
It's not good value but it is good fun 😉. Used mine a handful of times and it is remarkable but definitely a luxury and not required. To have the power on demand if I need it is good for me

Oh yes! Summon. Can't wait.

"Excuse Sir" Said the manager at Waitrose "We are happy for you to spend hours with your car following you around the carpark, but could you perhaps buy something occasionally please"

F..king liberty.....

Anyone that’s taken delivery recently noticed that there is no option to download and play sonic?

There is no option to download any Apps unless you install the 3rd party Android Auto/Apple Car play extra display as per photo below which will allow you to install as many apps as you wish including Waze which will give you real-time audio/visual speed camera protection.

The Teslic Sonic App will only auto-install during software updates on Tesla's which have the necessary hardware which it requires for operation of this App, namely, the Data-enabled USB Hub which Tesla stopped installation due to Global shortage from build productions after 15 Dec 2021 (deliveries after 20 Dec 2021).

1657105209241.png