Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow, beginning of May? That’s a bonus, hopefully we’re all in some luck this go around.
Most of those ordered before May had their EDD narrow to the specific days at the end of June last time around. Admittedly there were shortages due to a lockdown, but a narrowing date only means you’re in contention and I imagine some % will be there to cover dropouts (which may or may not happen).

If you don’t get a VIN by mid September (or when ever the other end of quarter customers do) it will be worth phoning up and ask to be put on a cancellation “list”. Quite a few people here managed to snag one in the Q2 batch.

Reactions: Toblerone
What sort of questions did you ask? I’ve an order with them which was originally June batch but now they’re saying August. But if there’s a chance I can get it sooner then great.
As @MrMoonUK said. Called them and said I’d heard they had some stock sat about awaiting allocation. Called them first thing Monday said they’d give me an answer by the end of the week, didn’t hear anything, chased it Friday lunchtime and had a VIN allocated in my app by Friday evening.

Paid Zen Auto the down payment this afternoon and just waiting for a delivery date now, if you call them this week hopefully you’ll have a similar experience.

Strange that they’re allowing these cars to be allocated to waiting customers but not proactively doing so and letting customers wait for their orders to arrive direct from Tesla

Reactions: EchoOneZero
Well I’ve just spoken to someone at Zen stating something similar to you about a mate who got one from Donnington Park after I told them about Zen so can’t understand whats going on. Advisor was friendly enough and said they’ll check if theres any in stock that matches my order and let me know by the end of the week. Guess that lines up with what you have experienced of the ‘week’ to check. Fingers crossed they find a match but it baffles me that they have these sitting there ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yeah, it’s all very strange and doesn’t make much sense. Give them the rest of the working week and then give them a call next Monday, if it’s anything like my experience you’ll end up with a car allocated within the day once you’ve chased them

Yeah, it’s all very strange and doesn’t make much sense. Give them the rest of the working week and then give them a call next Monday, if it’s anything like my experience you’ll end up with a car allocated within the day once you’ve chased them
Yeah I’ll give it this whole week and see what they say. Hopefully it gets wrapped up shortly and we all have our cars soon!

Just a one day adjustment for me.
Changed from 05th sept to 06th sept 😀
Good to see our EDD windows shrinking! Had 4th Sep - 19th Oct for a while and similar to you, EDD moved to 4th - 30th Sep.

Feels like familiar ground but hoping things hold together and hopefully in the next few weeks Mr M will be pinpointing our "September" ship. 🤞

Here we go again, hold on tight! 😆

For those with collections in late August/early September, do we think the ship is Morning Glovis? The ship is expected to arrive in Southampton around 15 August but seems like it’s about 1.5 weeks before collections.

Unless it’s Titus which comes in 21 August.
Our EDD is sep 5 to oct 19. I'm hoping for Titus.... however you might be glovis summit... but we probably need to figure one of those ships might well be croatia bound....

Some people think Tesla set up in China to exploit cheap labour and they are completely wrong.
The GF in Shanghai was constructed primarily to satisfy the biggest EV market in the world - China.
It was never planned for it to supply all the Teslas for the EU ad infinitum, Berlin was meant to do that, and Berlin has failed miserably.
Accordingly, there is huge pent up demand in China that Tesla need to address as a priority to keep the Chinese government off its back.
This month is an unusual month for GF production - until last week they were only producing Model 3 whilst the MY production facilities were upgraded and at the moment the factory is only producing Model Y whilst the Model 3 line is reconfigured.
Next month the factory should be back to normal but with a 50% increase to its output!
That should be enough to satisfy both domestic and export requirements concurrently and smooth out the 'wave' in China as they did in the US.
Thanks for the explanation. My original EDD range never made sense (20/09 - 03/11, now pushed back to 11/11 - 26/12) with regard to the 2nd half of each quarter UK / EU shipping and delivery practice. Maybe part of the problem is that the EDD algorithm was never written with this pattern of shipping and delivery in mind, and so it can't cope? Just a thought!

Thanks for the explanation. My original EDD range never made sense (20/09 - 03/11, now pushed back to 11/11 - 26/12) with regard to the 2nd half of each quarter UK / EU shipping and delivery practice. Maybe part of the problem is that the EDD algorithm was never written with this pattern of shipping and delivery in mind, and so it can't cope? Just a thought!
Ordered my Model 3 RWD on the 4 January 2022 and phoned Zen Auto on Monday who then contacted Tesla who now say November after been saying estimate is September for the last two months. Decided to phone Tesla and their now saying September again which ties up with the August ship arrivals. The problem we all have its not possibly to lease a Tesla for £400 a month so crossing my fingers it actually going to turn up as beginning to think that Zen or even Tesla are giving the dearer more recent customer orders precedent over the cheaper older orders to bump up their profits.

Reactions: Fryto