Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Simply put, no. Tesla don't build to order, you'll be allocated a car once there's one available, and on a ship. As it stands, all UK bound cars have been allocated so unless you're lucky enough to get a cancellation, or another ship is on its way in the next 9 days, you won't get one this quarter.

Everything i've seen on this forum including speculation from Tesla suggests at least one more ship is UK bound this quarter. Your allocation will be based to some degree on the time you placed your order, this is obvious no?

Monday 15 Aug 22

Click HERE to see a wonderful map of the world. Superimposed on it are the latest positions, updated via satellite, of confirmed Tesla ships.

Those ships are:

MORNING CHORUS has departed Southampton enroute to Zebrugge with 1,999 M3 and 950 MY. ETA tomorrow morning.

GLOVIS SUMMIT She arrived in Southampton earlier this morning and will depart at around 22:00 tonight for Zeebrugge, ETA around tomorrow lunchtime. She has onboard 3,026 M3 and 853 MY for the EU.

HOEGH ST PETERSBURG is not a Tesla charter but she is carrying 2000 MY to Zeebrugge. If you are on the continent (or possibly Ireland) and are waiting for a MY, when you discover your source code VIN enter it HERE. Do let me know if it was succesful, also let me know the 1st 3 digits of your VIN too please. ETA Zeebrugge 28 Aug. Please note that if you are in the UK your search will be unsuccessful because your car will not be onboard this ship!
She has completed her passage through the Suez Canal and is now in the Mediterranean heading to Livorno, Italy (a non-Tesla related stop). No more stops after that - direct to Zeebrugge.

RCC ANTWERP is presently crossing a choppy Arabian Sea and she has gone dark ie switched off her AIS, so you can ignore the position shown on our Tesla Ship Tracker. As I have previously explained this is not unusual, especially for Israeli owned ships like her. She is due to arrive in Koper on 23 Aug with 4052 MY on board. Whether this will be her only stop we don't yet know. She should switch her AIS back on when she is in the Red Sea.

GLOVIS COMPANION is also now in the Arabian Sea. She's making excellent time at the moment and has been very lucky with the weather but I expect her to drop a knot or two over the next 2 days as she encounters some choppy seas. She's bound for Suez with what looks like a load of MY destined for the UK. I'm expecting her to arrive in Southampton around 01 Sep. Do check your Tesla accounts for a hidden VIN.

Don't forget the GLOVIS COMPANION competition! Click HERE to enter.

ASIAN VISION is enroute to Port Kembla, Australia with an ETA there of 28 Aug. After that she should head on down to Melbourne.

GLOVIS CHALLENGE is currently alongside Shanghai South. I don't know where she will head to but my suspicion is that she will depart to S Korea. We should find out soon enough as I would expect her to depart in the next hour or two. Having said that we are still looking for a replacement for GLOVIS SPRING which according to the German leak should be departing soon to Barcelona with 3,946 MY onboard. That German leak hasn't been too accurate so far though.... I'm pretty satisfied that we can discount GLOVIS SPRING as being a Tesla ship when she does eventually pitch up. So is GLOVIS CHALLENGE her replacement?? She is smaller than GLOVIS SPRING and so we could have more cars left on the dock. GLOVIS SUNRISE would fit the bill size-wise though.

Please check out the Links of interest There are some excellent links there which may answer any questions you have, like the easiest method to check whether you have a hidden VIN, or not.
I am confused.
I have a VIN for my MY. LRWYHCEK3NC405xxx.
I have a firm collection date of 2/09/22 at Staines.
I have the registration LF72xxx.
They requested and I paid for the car.
What ship is it on?

I am confused.
I have a VIN for my MY. LRWYHCEK3NC405xxx.
I have a firm collection date of 2/09/22 at Staines.
I have the registration LF72xxx.
They requested and I paid for the car.
What ship is it on?
I suspect your car arrived on GLOVIS SUMMIT today.

BTW when I say I suspect I don't really mean it. Your car arrived in Southampton today.

Good to know! So how long does it take these ships to discharge their cargo in Southampton and then get them sent around the country? How many cars on board?
Mine arrived at Southampton at 2000 on the 28th June. I picked it up at 1430 on 29th June. I arrived 1 1/2 hours early and they let me collect it. It went smooth

I’m finally picking up on Friday.
M3LR been waiting since January. Tesla Bristol phoned me today to make sure I was still coming to pick up.
I’m sorry for people who’ve been waiting but I know what it’s like.
I had my vin and reg number confirmed by Tesla weeks ago before morning chorus even got to Singapore.
Super excited 😊
When I picked mine up on the 29th June I arrived 1 1/2 hours early,no problem. If your car is there, they will let you have it. They just want to offload them quickly.

Either ask Tesla, or perhaps view the HTML source to see what’s there (mine used to show there, but as the page changes I think it no longer does).

As for pickup locations, I’ll give a go from being here a few months:
Southampton, Staines, Bluewater, Bristol, Birmingham, Manchester, ?Newcastle, Glasgow, plus home delivery for some.
Definitely Newcastle! Mines coming to there.

Everything i've seen on this forum including speculation from Tesla suggests at least one more ship is UK bound this quarter. Your allocation will be based to some degree on the time you placed your order, this is obvious no?
This quarter was expected to be a mad one, it seems to have been everything but so far. At least one more ship is expected, until that happens though, I wouldn't hold my breath.

As far as allocations go, they will be based on the time you ordered to some degree but, it also depends on spec, place of collection and god knows how many other factors. For example, let's say another ship does leave this quarter, it's expected to dock on the 29th September, I pretty much guarantee that the people allocated cars will be those that are collecting from Southampton, Dave who's in Glasgow but ordered a month before everyone else, won't be allocated a car on that ship.

Last edited:
GLOVIS SUNRISE is on the move again.
She has left the Shanghai anchorage and is presently heading south.
Her current course looks good enough to assume that she's heading to Shanghai South!
It's all getting a bit touch and go now... GLOVIS CHALLENGE could either head to South Korea... or she might head towards Europe. Barcelona is a candidate, but how likely? Is there a slim possibility she'll head to Southampton?

If GLOVIS SUNRISE ends up being a Tesla charter, would she also make her way to Europe? 2x European ships or 1x S. Korea and 1x Europe, leaving remaining UK orders in the lurch this Q (me being one 🥺)?

I hope we get another ship on the horizon in the next few days to pull up to fulfill all 3 markets. My EDD is still holding "firm" as 22-30 September.

It's all getting a bit touch and go now... GLOVIS CHALLENGE could either head to South Korea... or she might head towards Europe. Barcelona is a candidate, but how likely? Is there a slim possibility she'll head to Southampton?

If GLOVIS SUNRISE ends up being a Tesla charter, would she also make her way to Europe? 2x European ships or 1x S. Korea and 1x Europe, leaving remaining UK orders in the lurch this Q (me being one 🥺)?

I hope we get another ship on the horizon in the next few days to pull up to fulfill all 3 markets. My EDD is still holding "firm" as 22-30 September.
Mine is also holding firm but this is another way of saying it never ever changes. Might even remain stuck as is when we get to October. I’ve genuinely stopped caring now. It seems demand for this new “world car” outstrips demand. It’s the equivalent of the Rolex gmt and I’m glad I didn’t sell my other car yet. Suspect we’re all in for a long wait.

Could anyone explain to me why a Model 3 RWD car ordered in Q1 is still be pushed back to December. Its becoming a joke as if
I can't wait any longer. From January 3 waiting for my tesla, it was supposed to be delivered in May but due to lock down it was not possible and I understand. But getting to December is long. The problem is that I don't want to harass tesla but even they don't tell you anything. The last answer I got was: the white sr+ with black interior is the best seller, but I see around only m3p or m3lr
The LR looks to be the most popular model and I’m confined the RWD orders are waiting longer as they are not building our cars as regularly due to the lower profit margin.

Could anyone explain to me why a Model 3 RWD car ordered in Q1 is still be pushed back to December. Its becoming a joke as if

The LR looks to be the most popular model and I’m confined the RWD orders are waiting longer as they are not building our cars as regularly due to the lower profit margin.
Yes. That is almost publicly assumed by Tesla.
Not only model 3s have been produced in fewer numbers than the Ys now, but your entry-level RWD is definitely at the back of the queue, as with supply constraints, it does make sense indeed that Tesla is prioritising higher-margin trims for its revenue.
Their batch production model does certainly account for opportunity cost.

What was the EDD window announced when you initially placed your order?