Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A few months ago, my delivery location changed (by itself) from Bluewater to Staines. Also at some point, my EDD disappeared from the app (like all of you). I don't know if they happened at the same time because I didn't realise the Bluewater->Staines change for a while. I went on live chat today and asked them to change it back to Bluewater. And now my app is once again showing my EDD. May be coincidence but thought worth mentioning!
Interesting! This is most likely the reason why my EDD had disappeared from the app, and maybe the reason why my collection also isn't showing in there but is on the website. I was told I couldn't change location though as I'd already been assigned a VIN - not a problem though I'm just happy I've got a collection date sorted that isn't on my week away 😂

Now I'm excited, so finally got the text to choose delivery date, booked and confirmed for 13th September in Newcastle. Done the 5YJ search but still no vin on my account. Tried to get through to Tesla CS but no-one there to answer...
Going to raid the accessories now - screen protector, key fob etc.....
Fingers crossed I'm not celebrating too early.
Your vin will be LRW for china and not 5YJ.

Now I'm excited, so finally got the text to choose delivery date, booked and confirmed for 13th September in Newcastle. Done the 5YJ search but still no vin on my account. Tried to get through to Tesla CS but no-one there to answer...
Going to raid the accessories now - screen protector, key fob etc.....
Fingers crossed I'm not celebrating too early.
You need to search for "LRW" as this the the vin code for made in China cars.

Reactions: tesstuff
Can't help getting a real sinking feeling :(

EDD is still listed as 9-25th Sept, but no sign of a VIN - have used the VIN finder link in Frizzy DB (after logging into account), and searched for 5YJ *and* LRW in source. Nothing.... but I see plenty of folks here getting VINS and delivery appointments etc.... (Does the Frizzy DB link work on 5YJ, LRW, or both?)

I did speak to someone at Tesla yesterday, who confirmed no VIN yet, but (it was a fairly bad line and I couldn't make him out 100%) was also saying that VINs aren't assigned until the ship is fairly close, in case of damage to the car in transit, which would cause no end of problems etc (which made sense). But does that mean anyone with a VIN / actual delivery date now has a car that was on either summit or chorus?

Ignoring possible cancellations etc, am I right to hope that a car with a VIN that will soon be assigned to me is on either Companion or Antwerp? Or realistically, am I just waiting for the moment they decide that September will become December for us?

Reactions: vengy2005