Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep! Still trying to figure out what boat it's on. I think it may be a cancelled order as I only got hidden VIN last Friday.
Got my delivery text for Glasgow as well but dates were 15/12 or 16/12. Way after your collection but my VIN is lower than yours. Very puzzling.
Forgot to say. Collecting 16/12. On holiday from that date until after Xmas so get to enjoy the car outside of having to work. 😀

So I have an EDD or 17th Nov - 2nd Dec and confirmation that a car has been assigned to me..... its a company car ordered through our lease company.

No VIN or text as yet...... trying to read between the lines that is quite normal as im not a private customer? is that right? or should I be worried that they are leaving it a little late to hit my EDD?
I'd forget your EDD. My EDD on the lease company portal was always mid November, then went to 4 November a couple of weeks ago. Tesla texts now confirm delivery on 5 Dec - that's what matters. Never had a sniff of a VIN and I'm not really bothered.......

Were you given a delivery date and time? How long after that date did the car turn up?
Was told the car was coming on aug 30 by lease company, I was naively believing what I was told by them so sold the motor. Still not got the car but I have a date of 23 nov and have a VIN, reg number and several confirmation text messages from Tesla so am hoping this time it is real. Also visited local Tesla for a test drive and casually asked them to check had been assigned a vehicle.

Reactions: Lddex
Ive just spoke to Tesla. My delivery date is 8th. But have been told my trade in which I accepted is due to run out on the 5th. So could go down in value. Could not cover the value of deposit meaning I have to fork out money and hope it reaches Tesla in time to clear so I can still pick up on 8th.

I'm furious that they have offered me a price and did so before the the delivery date after I was told that the valuation would only be made after a delivery date had been accepted. It happened the other way round.
My trade-in was due to expire two days before collection, I emailed Tesla Trade-in to enquire and they just sent a response to say that they have extended my trade in until 10 days after my collection day.

Got my delivery text for Glasgow as well but dates were 15/12 or 16/12. Way after your collection but my VIN is lower than yours. Very puzzling.
Forgot to say. Collecting 16/12. On holiday from that date until after Xmas so get to enjoy the car outside of having to work. 😀
Also Glasgow on 16/12 😁 There were very few slots available for choosing.

For anyone doing a trade-in, does Tesla use the proceeds towards the deposit or return the funds to you? We got a quote from them that is slightly better than Motorway.

Reactions: nrushforth
When I got the text to schedule delivery I immediately went to book. Only 3 dates. 23rd Nov 24th or 25th. And only 3 time slots on two of the days 9 10 or 11 and one day only had 9 or 11 (can't remember which days it was now) booked 25th and got on live chat to see if I could do at weekend but was told Glasgow doesn't do any collections at the weekend

Reactions: Jon_UK and Emmest
Just in the process of placing a new order for a Tesla Model 3 performance and my local branch seem to think I could well get one before the end of year even though the website is saying January - March 2023 now for deliveries. Do you think that sounds right?
In my opinion, highly unlikely. They do not build to order so unless they can see that with your spec there is very little backlog of orders and that another ship comes to the UK before end of year (still a possibility) which by chance is loaded with a M3P in your spec then ok...but it seems even those in branches have no way of knowing what the ship is loaded with so how they'd be that confident I don't know...lets hope for your sake

Reactions: thestarkfactor