Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
LRWYHCFS1PC566*** what ship am I likely to he on?
You can’t tell just from a VIN and probably not best forum etiquette to post the same question on three threads.

You don’t say where you are ie which country so can’t narrow it down. But I believe generally if you are purchasing direct the VINs tend to be visible in the source code about 4 days after the ship has left China.

Happy to be corrected on the details by others but it might give you an idea. Also Morning Cello and Glovis Safety are currently arriving in Southampton on the same day 4th Dec so if it’s either of those it won’t make much difference to you unless one sinks!

Hi All,
Hoping someone can help, or at least put my mind at ease. I've a Tesla Model 3 company car coming (lease company Arval). A month or so I got an automated email from Tesla asking me to finish setting up my Account. I did this, and have since received text messages for pick up of my car.

Literally that's all I have. I don't have VIN, Reg and nothing shows when I log into my Tesla app or account. It seems strange that my local garage is just going to hand over the car to me in a few weeks?

Ive contacted Arval, but they haven't been much use. Is there anything I am missing? Do I just rock up at the appointment time (presumably with ID) and collect the car?

Hi All,
Hoping someone can help, or at least put my mind at ease. I've a Tesla Model 3 company car coming (lease company Arval). A month or so I got an automated email from Tesla asking me to finish setting up my Account. I did this, and have since received text messages for pick up of my car.

Literally that's all I have. I don't have VIN, Reg and nothing shows when I log into my Tesla app or account. It seems strange that my local garage is just going to hand over the car to me in a few weeks?

Ive contacted Arval, but they haven't been much use. Is there anything I am missing? Do I just rock up at the appointment time (presumably with ID) and collect the car?
That's normal about it not showing in the app as lease company is the owner. I did get a text giving me my RN number and if you reply to the text you should be able to find out your VIN and Reg

Hi All,

That does sound unusual as a delivery pathway. In most cases lease cars are delivered direct to your address and you esign delivery declaration which is emailed to you. Maybe this method is specific to Arval. At the end of the day the car is Arval’s and if they want to deliver that way I guess they can. You can try going on chat on the Tesla website and see if they can add anything. For my car they were happy to disclose VIN. The VIN and reg were texted about a week after accepting the delivery date. Tesla just use driving licence for collection so I expect it would be the same in your case.

That does sound unusual as a delivery pathway. In most cases lease cars are delivered direct to your address and you esign delivery declaration which is emailed to you. Maybe this method is specific to Arval. At the end of the day the car is Arval’s and if they want to deliver that way I guess they can. You can try going on chat on the Tesla website and see if they can add anything. For my car they were happy to disclose VIN. The VIN and reg were texted about a week after accepting the delivery date. Tesla just use driving licence for collection so I expect it would be the same in your case.
I got a lease M3 in 2020 and it was a case of collecting from Tesla (although some colleagues got car's delivered). This time, I have a delivery to me. In both cases however, the lease company have known nothing about deliveries, it's all done direct with the driver. Both times I've had no VIN because it's not my car. If you have a delivery date, VIN is irrelevant - you're getting the car! Lots of people are commenting on the USS situation, again it depends how you feel about that. Personally, at the end of the day I think ALL Teslas will operate on Tesla vision and existing USS will be turned off.

Enjoy the car. It's certainly a ride.....nearly every update gives you a new driving experience 😃

Got Tesla chasing me for payment citing it's supposed to be paid 7 days prior to collection. I couldn't find that in any of the info presented to me. I've paid the balance now so if it was on the web page, that has changed now.

Is anyone that's not paid in full yet able to see anything about being paid up 7 days before collection? I probably just missed it but if it's not stated, could ambush others.

I got a lease M3 in 2020 and it was a case of collecting from Tesla (although some colleagues got car's delivered). This time, I have a delivery to me. In both cases however, the lease company have known nothing about deliveries, it's all done direct with the driver. Both times I've had no VIN because it's not my car. If you have a delivery date, VIN is irrelevant - you're getting the car! Lots of people are commenting on the USS situation, again it depends how you feel about that. Personally, at the end of the day I think ALL Teslas will operate on Tesla vision and existing USS will be turned off.

Enjoy the car. It's certainly a ride.....nearly every update gives you a new driving experience 😃
Thanks everyone for the replies, and putting my mind at ease. Here's hoping all goes well on delivery day!

Reactions: Astrape
Got Tesla chasing me for payment citing it's supposed to be paid 7 days prior to collection. I couldn't find that in any of the info presented to me. I've paid the balance now so if it was on the web page, that has changed now.

Is anyone that's not paid in full yet able to see anything about being paid up 7 days before collection? I probably just missed it but if it's not stated, could ambush others.
I spoke to them on chat about this earlier this week. I have a collection date of 28th Nov but they only provided that to me on Thursday (when I chased them). I need to sell my car in order to pay the deposit, which obviously I didn’t really want to do until I had a firm collection date. With this in mind, I asked them where I stand on deposit as the soonest I can get my car sold and collected and have the money would be Wednesday 23rd. They said as long as I can provide proof of the wire transfer 5 days before then it will be fine.

I got 2 texts asking for payment: one I think on Wednesday last week and then again on Friday (pick up is next Friday) but I'd already cleared it and it showed as paid in my account. Texted them and they confirmed it was all cleared. Maybe it was just an automated thing.

Reactions: daughey
I spoke to them on chat about this earlier this week. I have a collection date of 28th Nov but they only provided that to me on Thursday (when I chased them). I need to sell my car in order to pay the deposit, which obviously I didn’t really want to do until I had a firm collection date. With this in mind, I asked them where I stand on deposit as the soonest I can get my car sold and collected and have the money would be Wednesday 23rd. They said as long as I can provide proof of the wire transfer 5 days before then it will be fine.
Will you have sold your existing car in time?

Hi all - I ordered a M3 AWD LR in February, Tesla have told me there is an estimate delivery date of early December now I have been matched with a vehicle. Should I take this with a pinch of salt? (Vehicle is on business lease via Arnold Clark)
Positive update - had confirmation that delivery will be 03/12. Received a text on Friday confirming reg (BT) and VIN number. All good!

Reactions: Astrape