Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2023.2.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It reckons the main road into town is 40 in one direction based on passing a 40 junction going in a completely different direction. It would be madness to try 40 on that road.

It does the same kind of thing with 20 side roads in many places.. a long way to go before it's useful as an actual indication of speed limit. I take it under advisement and use my mark 1 eyeballs instead.

Germany and Spain only it seems. Not sure if they lagged the current UK functionality or if this is an improvement over the existing UK functionality.

Speed assist has been around on UK cars since at least 2022.20.7/.8 - we had it before we paused last summer on 2022.20.8 before jumping to 2022.36.6 in November.

I remember testing the new Motorway gantry sign detection on a drive last summer. ‘Local’ speed sign detection has been around for 2-3 years now but fast roads/motorways only last year.

Last edited:
Given the number of times mine picks up 30 signs from junction exits while I'm still driving on the right lane of the motorway and start chiming believing I'm doing 40 over the speed limit, I'd say it needs to be improved before it gets any wider roll-out...

If single stack doesn’t fix that then there are no excuses.

I have it on good authority from the very top that it it’s 2 weeks away 🤣

• Funny
Reactions: Durzel and Zilla91
Looks like there’s a big push going out for this now? According to the release notes in the app, it’s just the auto heated steering wheel for us.

Attachments

• 14B95863-B861-4BDF-8E06-4D3351BDC83C.png
    14B95863-B861-4BDF-8E06-4D3351BDC83C.png
    239.3 KB · Views: 87
Looks like there’s a big push going out for this now? According to the release notes in the app, it’s just the auto heated steering wheel for us.
Downloading now …and not even that for me. My release notes preview in the app says “minor fixes”
Plus I only installed 2022.44.30 yesterday!

EDIT
This is software update number 81 since March 2020 :eek:

For me, the app release notes mention the auto steering wheel heater (which I can confirm works well) and the in-car release notes just detail the new Sentry headlight behaviour (which I haven't tested).

Didn't get the notification on my phone that the software update had completed successfully on this occasion. Which got me worried. But everything seems fine.
Same. Just been on the app and under settings there's a (new, I think) section which had no vehicles selected for notifications. Worth a look for you too maybe?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230127-120432.png
    Screenshot_20230127-120432.png
    127.5 KB · Views: 61