Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2023.2.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why would they disable USS when they haven’t yet sorted out the TV parking situation? I know some people think Tesla are morons, but they’re not that far gone.
well, they are selling new cars with USS and without TV.

they disabled the radar without the warning.

I just want to be on the safe side, because you cannot trust Tesla to make wise decisions

Not a very ambitious update if these release notes are complete.

I'm interested in the 'Speed assist' feature. The car already seems pretty good at detecting speed limits and the position at which they change in my experience, even dynamic (eg motorway gantry) ones. Have I been imagining this and just getting very lucky with map data? The release notes imply that the car currently doesn't use the camera for this function.
interesting. on each Motorway junction or Merger at M1 (with M18, M42, etc) it decides to go from 70 mph to 65 because.. of reasons?

Reactions: Alwayshopeful
interesting. on each Motorway junction or Merger at M1 (with M18, M42, etc) it decides to go from 70 mph to 65 because.. of reasons?
Have you upgraded and are experiencing this? I only ask because you were not much earlier asking if it disables USS implying to me you were holding off on the install.

We updated both our cars but haven’t yet done any motorway driving. The AHB and wipers may be slightly improved (it could be the placebo effect and to be honest we’ve been pretty happy with both for a few updates now anyway).

Last edited:
Have you upgraded and are experiencing this? I only ask because you were not much earlier asking if it disables USS implying to me you were holding off on the install.

We updated both our cars but haven’t yet done any moterway driving. The AHB and wipers may be slightly improved (it could be the placebo effect and to be honest we’ve been pretty happy with both for a few updates now anyway).
I have all updated except this one (yet) - I will have it once it's confirmed it's safe

Release notes in the car
282014DE-5462-4282-BC53-9568EBA945F0.jpeg

I’m on 2023.2.0.5. Just done a journey on the M20, M25, M40 with lots of overhead speed restrictions ions. I reckon the car was picking the restrictions up about 50% of the time. Strangely it would often revert to 70 part way between gantries. Very strange (and unacceptable) performance.

Strangely it would often revert to 70 part way between gantries. Very strange (and unacceptable) performance.

When it first came out in 2022.20.x, I watched this very carefully on M25 around M3 to ~M40 in variable speed zone. As you say, on most gantry’s it reverted back to 70, often immediately prior to the next gantry.

Visual speed sign recognition fallsback to GPS if it doesn’t see a visual sign within a certain distance. As this fallback to 70 was so consistent, I wondered if this fallback distance was just short of the distance between gantries.

After several years of ignoring speed limit signs on major A roads and motorways it was however a welcome addition to the previous visual recognition that was introduced [edit]around Aug/Sep 2020 (2020.36.x & 2020.36.3.1)[/edit]. Glad though that our car doesn’t adjust its speed based on them, similarly from those misread of side road signs on previous iterations.

Last edited:
A recent update appears to have turned lane departure warnings up to 11 for me.

Yesterday alone I had three instances of lane departure warnings blaring out and “corrective steer” notifications popping up on the screen.

First was whilst driving along a country lane wide enough for two vehicles. As a car passed going the other way, I moved over slightly towards the edge of the tarmac and the car went mental, blaring away trying to turn me towards the oncoming car. Fortunately, the “corrective steer” is not particularly strong.

Second was driving along the motorway. I was in lane 3 and as I passed a vehicle in lane 2 that was over to the right slightly, I also moved to the right and again the lane departure warning went mental. I was nowhere near the central reservation line, certainly wasn’t going over it, but the car pooped a brick.

And the third time was the most ridiculous. I was once again on the motorway, this time in lane 1. I indicated to move to lane 2 and started moving over and yet again the lane departure warning went bonkers. I was definitely indicating, holding the stalk at the first position as I changed lanes, but the car did not like that at all.

I’ve had the odd over-sensitive lane departure warning in the past, however this is the first time I’ve had three in one day, of which two were definitely completely unnecessary.

Currently on 2023.2.0.5