Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2023.2.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Installing 23.2.10 - not expecting anything interesting (just says "minor updates").

What I really want to know on a complete tangential basis is when they will fix summon and release dates for the new Model S!

Installing 23.2.10 - not expecting anything interesting (just says "minor updates").

What I really want to know on a complete tangential basis is when they will fix summon and release dates for the new Model S!
Tesla vision now called single stack as TV used for something else promised for a year ago with 1 wk internal testing, then it became a month's training then repromised for FSDb GA for thanksgiving/22

So 2 weeks would be my expectation

• Funny
Reactions: MrBadger
I’ve not seem much comment on the new Sentry “pulsing lights” behaviour. I thought I’d test this out when I went to get a kebab, last night. It’s actually very subtle. The DRLs very, very slowly pulse. It’s actually quite subtle, certainly less noticeable than the previous headlight flash. I for one am happy with this change.

Has anyone noticed that the wipers are ‘dumb’ again?
Finding it hard to use TACC or AP these days as the wipers wipe on a completely dry windscreen. It’s become unusable again.
The wiper behaviour never changes between software releases, only the conditions you experience. There are so many variables (rain intensity, ambient light levels, external light sources, windscreen cleanliness, speed etc etc) that it’s fooling people into thinking that every change is down to a software release.

I’ve had them work flawlessly and godawfuly on the same drive often enough to know it’s not the software version you’re on, they just don’t handle certain conditions well.

The wiper behaviour never changes between software releases, only the conditions you experience. There are so many variables (rain intensity, ambient light levels, external light sources, windscreen cleanliness, speed etc etc) that it’s fooling people into thinking that every change is down to a software release.

I’ve had them work flawlessly and godawfuly on the same drive often enough to know it’s not the software version you’re on, they just don’t handle certain conditions well.
I agree, I don’t think Tesla work on the wiper algorithms often if at all.

It could be every software update resets any learnt behaviours, but like you said the conditions in which they operate are the likely culprit.

I agree. The wipers particularly dislike rain, not their forte at all.

I feel sure that the wipers did not switch to auto when TACC was engaged until an update sometime last year. Previously if they were wiping when not required it was possible to turn them off and still use TACC - now it isn’t. To be fair on a journey before Christmas I was suffering this problem and auto- defogging which I stopped by turning climate to manual and wipers to off. When I stopped after an hour or so I noticed the front camera area was fogged. Allowing auto de-fogging for a while and the problem was fixed.

Reactions: browellm
I feel sure that the wipers did not switch to auto when TACC was engaged until an update sometime last year. Previously if they were wiping when not required it was possible to turn them off and still use TACC - now it isn’t. To be fair on a journey before Christmas I was suffering this problem and auto- defogging which I stopped by turning climate to manual and wipers to off. When I stopped after an hour or so I noticed the front camera area was fogged. Allowing auto de-fogging for a while and the problem was fixed.
It coincided with Tesla disabling the radar

Reactions: Skie
It coincided with Tesla disabling the radar
Yup, radar equipped cars had the radar disabled in the same update so had to rely on their cameras. Newer cars that had no radar were already running around with AHB and Auto Wipers forced on in autopilot.

I think the kick-off with a large batch of vehicles suddenly experiencing the awful AHB behaviour is what got them to fix that fairly quickly. Sadly the wipers never got much publicity (and there is always loads of fud around them for previously stated reasons) so they haven’t been improved.

Reactions: goRt