Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2023 Orders to Delivery for M3 and MY and personal shipping related questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all. Long time lurker, first time poster here. Just wanted to add my two pence... I think the lead time everyone is seeing varies massively depending on what you order. I got ordered a M3 RWD, white/white, on 3rd March. The car is being delivered on 27th (I could collect from today but preferred it to be delivered), I've got my VIN and number plate. I know I'm one of the lucky ones to basically wait 3 weeks from ordering to delivery, but wanted to highlight that there doesn't seem to be a specific rule/guideline for lead times.

I've got a MY RWD on order via a fleet provider call Ogilive. I have the RN number and been told that it's got an ETA of late April from Tesla Amsterdam

What are my chances of it been on time and as it's a company car assume I'll sell get a vin for the app etc. It's black interior, midnight grey and black alloys

Thanks

Newbie to Tesla here and making the purchase decision very soon. Quick question, what are the advantages and disadvantages of buying from the Inventory page rather than doing a custom order?

They have a couple of M3LR on there at my nearest pickup location with the spec I want. I wondered what the differences were, aside from probably getting it faster, between that and placing an order from scratch.

Newbie to Tesla here and making the purchase decision very soon. Quick question, what are the advantages and disadvantages of buying from the Inventory page rather than doing a custom order?

They have a couple of M3LR on there at my nearest pickup location with the spec I want. I wondered what the differences were, aside from probably getting it faster, between that and placing an order from scratch.
No difference if they are new inventory except you know for sure its immediately available. If you place a custom order you may well be allocated one of these anyway. You may get additional discount on the new inventory page if they are trying to clear cars by quarter end, if you can complete by then.

I got my RN for MY RWD on 6th Feb and been told today by Tesla (after I asked) my delivery window is 1st June to 19th July. This is much later than I expected for an order with a leasing company that's supposed to be "in stock".
FYI I got a sudden text from Tesla on 26th March that my delivery (collect from Birmingham NEC) would be 29th March. Not much notice nor any prior communication following the RN number.

Apparently Tesla have had a huge backlog in March and are obviously in a quarterly push. They've emailed me to say 5000km of free supercharger miles if I take delivery before end of March, which is a nice bonus.

Tesla currently offering 3,000 miles supercharging free on top of big inventory discounts if you complete a purchase before the end of the month.

Savings on inventory cars have touched a new low price by the looks of it… across the range except for MYP as only a couple available…

£11.5k off an M3P

Attachments

• 3F92D6EF-EE90-421E-B293-2269482DC849.jpeg
    3F92D6EF-EE90-421E-B293-2269482DC849.jpeg
    316.5 KB · Views: 70
Anyone else here had their delivery day changed from 30 March to 31st March due to a 'carrier issue'? I was due to collect a used 2019 M3 tomorrow, but it looks like that's been moved. I've had a text message that has provided this information - does anybody know if I have to reply to this, or call them? It's given me the option of collection on Friday, or from 3 April onwards (obviously want it Friday 😂)

Anyone else here had their delivery day changed from 30 March to 31st March due to a 'carrier issue'? I was due to collect a used 2019 M3 tomorrow, but it looks like that's been moved. I've had a text message that has provided this information - does anybody know if I have to reply to this, or call them? It's given me the option of collection on Friday, or from 3 April onwards (obviously want it Friday 😂) I would just text them. There appears to be a human on the other end. You should ask them to confirm a slot time on Friday for you.

No difference if they are new inventory except you know for sure its immediately available. If you place a custom order you may well be allocated one of these anyway. You may get additional discount on the new inventory page if they are trying to clear cars by quarter end, if you can complete by then.
Ordered an inventory M3LR on Sunday, collected yesterday, discounted and 3000 miles charging thrown in too. 3 days was a lot quicker than the 12 months I’d been waiting for a Kia EV6 which they still couldn’t give me a build date for …

• Love
Reactions: Astrape
Status
Not open for further replies.