Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[uk] 2023 threads - what do we want?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

GeorgeSymonds

Mar 16, 2018
UK
We've have a number of popular threads each years including the world famous shipping thread, then various threads about pre delivery support, collection excperiences, waiting rooms etc. sometimes generic, sometimes model specific. So what do we want setting up for 2023 rather than have 10 threads which at times can look very similar with various cross posting going on?

An initial thought would be 3 main threads:

A 2023 shipping NEWS thread (trying to keep that one on topic)
A M3 & MY order to delivery thread (to debate reservation numbers, spec tweaks, which boat is my car on, #teamred, etc)
A MS & MX waiting room. order to delivery thread - with the expectation that might start moving but relatively low numbers

An alternative might be to focus more around the stage in the process

Order help
Shipping news
Predellivery support/discussion
Delivery suppot/discussion

or some hybrid of the 2?

I think model specific waiting rooms other than the MSX might not be needed so much as the wait has reduced significantly. I know the "P" folk light their own area, but the MYP is now flowing quite nicely, but maybe there is a case to have model specific areas.

None of this is to stop the usual stuff, it's just to try and keep similar discussions together.

Any thoughts or suggestions? What do people think worked or didn't?

Reactions: Frizzy
IMHO the strength of this forum is the vast wealth of knowledge we've captured over the years. A bit of order is certainly welcome and trying to keep similar discussions in one (or a few) place (s) would help with that.
A thread for new users would be handy. May save the 'same old questions' from spilling into the other threads.

And let me be the first to wish all the admins and moderators a Merry Christmas and thanks for all the work you've done this year.

We've have a number of popular threads each years including the world famous shipping thread, then various threads about pre delivery support, collection excperiences, waiting rooms etc. sometimes generic, sometimes model specific. So what do we want setting up for 2023 rather than have 10 threads which at times can look very similar with various cross posting going on?

An initial thought would be 3 main threads:

A 2023 shipping NEWS thread (trying to keep that one on topic)
A M3 & MY order to delivery thread (to debate reservation numbers, spec tweaks, which boat is my car on, #teamred, etc)
A MS & MX waiting room. order to delivery thread - with the expectation that might start moving but relatively low numbers

An alternative might be to focus more around the stage in the process

Order help
Shipping news

or some hybrid of the 2?

I think model specific waiting rooms other than the MSX might not be needed so much as the wait has reduced significantly. I know the "P" folk light their own area, but the MYP is now flowing quite nicely, but maybe there is a case to have model specific areas.

None of this is to stop the usual stuff, it's just to try and keep similar discussions together.

Any thoughts or suggestions? What do people think worked or didn't?
I like the

Order help
Shipping news

Idea. There is so much overlap of knowledge across the models seems a shame to separate unless folk are still keen on doing so.

Thank you from me too for facilitating and supporting the forums.

Reactions: XHabjab