Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK accessories for RHD Model 3 [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@yak00 few more below to add if you wish?

Cables that (apparently) fit Tesla model 3 phone holder:

USB-C cable by CableCreation:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/CableCreation-Braided-Macbook-Google-Aluminum/dp/B01MXLWB78

Micro usb by CableCreation:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/CableCreat...564315985&s=gateway&sprefix=cablecrra&sr=8-17

Apple lightning by CableCreation:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/CableCreat...196&s=gateway&sprefix=cablecreation+li&sr=8-5

Performance looking pedals:

Topfit metal pedals:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Topfit-Non...ocphy=1006867&hvtargid=pla-699584829997&psc=1

Thanks, cables added, as for performance looking pedals, Topfit along with alternative options and dead pedal cover(s) already on list
Model 3 Accessories

ps. Chrome delete from Teslabros added too

Reactions: davidmc
@yak00

One to add (maybe?) - Apps for Tesla?

Samsung Galaxy Watch app for Tesla (Control your car from your watch - (Michael Knight style) :
DRIVE - Electric - Galaxy Store

Think there are ones for Apple watch and others? i have the above in my Favs waiting for the M3 before i buy so not tried out.

I recommend "Remote for Tesla" for iOS and watchOS. I've been using it with my model S for a while and it supports the iOS shortcuts app, which allows me to create a shortcut I can use for Siri, which I've called "Lets go".

Link ‎Remote for Tesla

When I say "Lets go" to Siri, it unlocks my car, and then activates keyless start

Received the cable from Amazon today (CableCreation USB-C), very nice quality, braided and a longish cable, so not short to need an extension as some have had too.

Still waiting on M3 to make sure it fits, Some people in USA use this so should fit!

Also @yak00 would you add the "Raspberry Pi Dash-cam storage Alternative"? Not sure if many people know about this? there are a few versions around and adds some extra benefits that a standard USB does not do. I can ping across some link if needed?

Received the cable from Amazon today (CableCreation USB-C), very nice quality, braided and a longish cable, so not short to need an extension as some have had too.

Still waiting on M3 to make sure it fits, Some people in USA use this so should fit!

Also @yak00 would you add the "Raspberry Pi Dash-cam storage Alternative"? Not sure if many people know about this? there are a few versions around and adds some extra benefits that a standard USB does not do. I can ping across some link if needed?
Quick question. How much excess is there with the cables once installed? Would 0.5m be too short for example ?

Quick question. How much excess is there with the cables once installed? Would 0.5m be too short for example ?
Not tried as no M3 yet, but the USA users have mentioned that the 0.5ft version needs an extension and the 4ft one i got does not. You lose some cable length via the routing of it in the Phone unit.

This is the one i received (USB-C Version):
https://www.amazon.co.uk/CableCreation-Braided-Macbook-Google-Aluminum/dp/B01MXLWB78

Post Nr 2 on link below regards the fitting and length version:
Model 3 Phone Charging Cables & Sunshade Available In Store Now

Also interesting is that the Tesla brand USB cables only provides power to the phone, yet the CableCreation allows you to use your phone as a USB device? again would need to test and confirm (Unless someone already has one to confirm?)

Tesla Version (USA site)
Model 3 Phone Charging Cable

Also some people have mentioned if you have a thick-ish case on you need to pad out the bottom of the charge cable to push it up a little.
Mentioned here:
What Right Angle Micro USB Cable That Is Compatible With Our Model 3? | Tesla

Reactions: Oddbin
All bought direct from the US and was presented with a additional 24 GBP tariff charge at the door by UPS - was that a con? not sure but smelt like one. Better to buy via Amazon I guess.
Saw an interesting comment re this on FB that I hadn't thought of before. Obviously can't do anything about customs and VAT however they disputed the 'service fee' charged by UPS saying they had never contracted directly with them nor agreed to the charges. Ultimately they got them wiped.

Yikes, quite pricey - I thought the official Tesla one was about £10 or so, ie potentially cheaper? Apparently in stock now (according to the Edinburgh sales folks at least). Still can't believe they didn't come with the car!

• Informative
Reactions: MrBadger
Thx, i have Young kids so the Wife will moan...i mean mention it!

added Sunshades

Not seen any mention in here of the ‘key’. Is that available here in the U.K.? Anyone gone for it? Ie the physical little car shaped key like the model s.

Available from the Tesla store ... I've added Key Fob to the spreadsheet along with a link to a couple of reviews

Yikes, quite pricey - I thought the official Tesla one was about £10 or so, ie potentially cheaper? Apparently in stock now (according to the Edinburgh sales folks at least). Still can't believe they didn't come with the car!
Yep price is higher for one I linked as it's a USB C, the lightning and micro usb are cheaper, about the same cost as Tesla's one. Also I think it's £10 just for 1 cable at Tesla and £15 for both lightning and Micro. See @yak00 sheet for links to all.

I don't believe Tesla do a USB C yet? Might be wrong

In terms of apps for IOS, Stats for Tesla gets good reviews. Not cheap at £20 but does allow you to do things like control the temperature and set alerts if the state of charge gets low or you’ve left the car unlocked. It also supports Siri shortcuts and Apple Watch too. As the name implies you can use it to log various stats.