Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK accessories for RHD Model 3 [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I'm staying at a friends house in a few weeks and hoping to charge my car using his 3-pin socket.
I understand I need to use the provided UMC, but can anyone recommend a heavy duty 3-pin extension cable to use?
Just needs to be a 13A cable. If using a drum type make sure it is fully unwound to allow the heat to dissipate.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I'm staying at a friends house in a few weeks and hoping to charge my car using his 3-pin socket.
I understand I need to use the provided UMC, but can anyone recommend a heavy duty 3-pin extension cable to use?

On a related note I assume the box part of the cable near the 3 pin plug end is not waterproof?
So if using an extension lead would you need to waterproof both that and the 3 pin plug like with a waterproof box or something?

This maybe of interest from Screwfix - pricey but fit for purpose. They do a 5M version for £216 inclusive of VAT too.
Screwfix.PNG

There’s a thread dedicated to UMC, extension leads etc. Here:

Is your best friend a 3 pin plug?

Reactions: sho12345678
Looks good but isn't that pretty much the same as a Tesla UMC but with a longer cable?

And as the Model 3 comes with the UMC already, we really just need a suitable high quality longer cable.
I'm not allowed to respond to this here because we are in the wrong thread apparently but if I were allowed to respond I would say that the idea behind this longer EV Charging Cable is to avoid a 13amp plug and socket laying externally on the ground. Judging by the comments on B&Q, in its self the B&Q external extension cable would seem not fit for purpose and would need to be weatherproofed in some other way - but I cant say that in this thread. :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: interbear
I'm not allowed to respond to this here because we are in the wrong thread apparently but if I were allowed to respond I would say that the idea behind this longer EV Charging Cable is to avoid a 13amp plug and socket laying externally on the ground. Judging by the comments on B&Q, in its self the B&Q external extension cable would seem not fit for purpose and would need to be weatherproofed in some other way - but I cant say that in this thread. :cool:
As far I know you can discuss whatever you like in any thread on here. ;)

The only reason I linked to the other thread was purely so the person asking the question could see anything on there that might be of use.

Reactions: NorfolkMustard
That's brilliant news Marc. I'm so glad (and relieved) that you like them! :)

Any pics to share?

Just a few photos of them "in action"! The boot is cavernous and the mat is spot on, doesn't hamper opening the under section.

My phone has done a little too much processing on these photos, they are a very dark black, can't imagine a better match for the car and the existing carpets :)

MVIMG_20190905_180452.jpg IMG_20190905_180513.jpg IMG_20190905_180651.jpg IMG_20190905_180748.jpg IMG_20190905_181048.jpg