Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK accessories for RHD Model 3 [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Should anyone be looking for a slightly cheaper RHD floor mat for your Model 3 - I've just this evening put our new 'Executive' mat live on www.alternateflux.com for £75 including UK shipping.

IMG_20190925_180345.jpg

:)

Definitely a lot cheaper than Tesla’s own mats which were £110 for the rear boot mat and £63 for the front boot mat when I bought them. The really odd thing is they are made by WeatherTech who charge more for the same mats but with a WeatherTech rather than Tesla badge (£114 rear, £84 front). Are the worth the price? Probably not but there weren’t many options when I bought them and most were in the same ballpark in terms of price. Also I’ve had WeatherTech mats in the past and they’ve been pretty good.

Here they are installed in the car. Still a little misshapen in places from their trip from China but I'm sure that'll slowly go. Overall very happy for the price!

IMG_7152.jpeg IMG_7153.jpeg IMG_7154.jpeg

Official Tesla carpets in stock. Got some today. No branding on them though

Yep, would be nice for the Tesla mats to have a logo on them. I picked up a set at the crack of dawn (8:00am from West Drayton as staff were coming into work). Also picked up a phone charging cable and 32A commando adapter as they had in stock.

The Tesla driver side mat also has a bit that covers the foot rest area - something the pictures for mats in the Tesla US online store does not show.

04E2C43E-11A3-4A40-B885-5C089C720F21.jpeg

So worth asking what goodies they have in stock if you visit a SC.

just ordered the Raspberry Pi - sounded like a fun little project and I really like the idea of it linking to my Synology NAS when I pull up outside the house so I can watch the videos from my desktop. Picking the car up on Monday... it may arrive before the shipment!

I got these as well, no complaints at all.
Good price, decent thickness and came quickly.
Mine are still a little out of shape at the moment, and need to settle. The trunk mat is a really good fit in my opinion.

I’m still struggling to sort dashcam though.
I tired a USB stick, but the write speed is to low interest seems, judging by the message (though it works or seems to with Sentry mode)

I’m going to try this in a caddy- it seems to have a much better write speed.
SanDisk Ultra 100MBs Micro SDXC Memory Card - 64GB339/2210

Still need/would like a few things such as better puddle lights

I’m still struggling to sort dashcam though.
I tired a USB stick, but the write speed is to low interest seems, judging by the message (though it works or seems to with Sentry mode)

I’m going to try this in a caddy- it seems to have a much better write speed.
SanDisk Ultra 100MBs Micro SDXC Memory Card - 64GB339/2210

You may be better off with an Endurance version. I initially got an Ultra then @Roy W. recommended Endurance for dash cam use, so I got one of them for TeslaCam and will stick with my ultra for audio. I also got a dual card USB adaptor.

No idea if/how this setup will work though. I'm treating the SD cards as a commodity. If it does work out fine though, I'll get a second endurance on rotate them weekly or whatever I find works out best. 126 ultra was £15, 128 endurance was £30, twin card reader was £10. When V10 comes out, will probably use smaller for TeslaCam as V10 deletes old footage.

As for speed, iirc introduced what seems like a bug/over zealous reporting. Initial thoughts were that it may be card size related where >64 is reported bad. Makes sense as 32GB is limit for FAT32 to be formatted by default mechanism on some machines.

Reactions: Roy W.
Yep, would be nice for the Tesla mats to have a logo on them. I picked up a set at the crack of dawn (8:00am from West Drayton as staff were coming into work). Also picked up a phone charging cable and 32A commando adapter as they had in stock.

The Tesla driver side mat also has a bit that covers the foot rest area - something the pictures for mats in the Tesla US online store does not show.

View attachment 458907

So worth asking what goodies they have in stock if you visit a SC.

We've found that flap to be invaluable... Nothing worse than a wet foot rest!