Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK accessories for RHD Model 3 [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, this is the theory:
and after much hunting, grunting, being pissed off at total lack of consistency of describing springs, and the damn insistence of using bloomin inches for everything, I got far enough down the comments and found a part number for a slightly stronger spring that is more compatible with OEM struts (too weak and it doesn't jump up enough to grab, stronger spring or doubling up needed). Anyway, eventually tracked down this on order from the US:
Prime-Line 7/16 in. Dia. x 1-7/8 in. L Extension Spring 2 pk, SP 9605 49793096050 | eBay
£4 including delivery from the US! But the hassle of ID'ing it still pains me.

I've ordered these: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07WYJ58NF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
TBH, I have my doubts at ~£10, but will see! If these are up to a million miles why didn't tesla just install them in the first place? I'm assuming cheap rubbish, but for the price I can't bring myself to cancel the order. Will be very wary when fitting.
Crap, accidentally pressed the buy now button on all struts and the spring! Its like taking your child into a toy shop!

• Funny
Reactions: Roy W.
Most of the stuff I've fitted has come from TapTes. All very good quality apart from their console wrap, which has now been replaced with one from Abstract Ocean.

I really can't speak highly enough of the quality of the AO console wrap. The vinyl was at least twice as thick at the Chinese one, and the cut and fit is much better too. The TapTes one also developed air bubbles after a day or two, which I understand is because they use a cheap vinyl. No sign of anything like that on the AO one.

I may have just been lucky, but so far I've had four parcels of goodies - three from TapTes and one from AO - and they've all just arrived with the postie with no customs or duty to pay. YMMV!

I would echo this post on the quality of the AO console wrap.

Each to their own, but personally I wasn't really a fan of either the piano black finish, or the wood dash, so ordered AO's Matrix Black wrap for the console and dash (see photo). Fitting the console wrap was much easier than the dash one.

Both felt good quality and friends that have been in the car since assumed both were factory fitted. Also had the same luck re customs charges as Roy!

t3_dash_console_before_after1.JPG

Coooler, that looks awesome! I successfully installed the AO console wrap and have been very happy with the quality of all their products. I would ideally like to do the dash but, having watched the AO installation instructional video, I think it is a task beyond my capabilities and would just have me frustrated in failure. But yours looks truly great!

Coooler, that looks awesome! I successfully installed the AO console wrap and have been very happy with the quality of all their products. I would ideally like to do the dash but, having watched the AO installation instructional video, I think it is a task beyond my capabilities and would just have me frustrated in failure. But yours looks truly great!

Totally understandable, I have to say I think it was more luck than judgement/skill that meant it came out well. AO do give the dash wrap a 5/5 difficulty, and also include two dash wraps in case you make a mistake with the first one, which I did - was trying to get the end flush and pulled a little too hard, ripping the vinyl where the knifeless tape starter path is - my own fault, but it did mean I then had the rest of that ruined vinyl to practice how to use the knifeless tape properly on for attempt 2.. Really took my time on the second attempt and pleased with the results.

Got the trunk struts yesterday, they will be returned. They don't work and maybe in 1 in 5 attempts it works. Also it seems to put a lot of pressure on the lid and flexes a fair bit.

Amazon link above

Same for me. I bought the frunk struts on Friday and they would not raise the lid unless I first gave them a helping hand. I returned them on Saturday and went for the much more expensive BougeRV ones which arrive tomorrow. Amazon did remove the duff lesgos ones from sale on Friday night but they are back on sale again tonight. Buyer beware....

Reactions: jimbo_hippo
Same for me. I bought the frunk struts on Friday and they would not raise the lid unless I first gave them a helping hand. I returned them on Saturday and went for the much more expensive BougeRV ones which arrive tomorrow. Amazon did remove the duff lesgos ones from sale on Friday night but they are back on sale again tonight. Buyer beware....
Thanks for that, will be returning today.

I see that Abstact Ocean now have rear strut replacements for the Model 3 at $25.99. Hopefully these will be the sort of quality we need and expect.

They also have an installation video, which I watched on YouTube in the car :D

I have a coupon code for $10 off your first order at Abstract Ocean - send me a message if you want it.

(To send me a message touch my username, then touch Start a Conversation.)

OK that was a nice hefty 160 od quid on my abstract ocean account last night..

Got wheel rims black and white to match the white cae

Got brushed black consol and steering wheel covers

Got some drinks holder covers and some sentry mode stiker's lol couldn't resist.

30 dollars of and 40 dollars for ups as that's all that showed.. Hit pricy there but what can I do car comes in 2 weeks.
Does anyone know if I'm going to get stung with import etc?

Moderator comment - thread merged from "Tesla Accessories"

I’ve finally got a delivery date for my M3, and wondered if there are any accessories I should be ordering from Tesla? I’m going to get the wheel nut and hub covers so I can take the Aeros off, and already have a Nomad QI charger, but suggestions for other things would be v welcome!

Last edited by a moderator:
-- There is no spare tire .. look at puncture repair kit and tire pump if you dont already have one.
-- I also invested in a couple of nice rechargeable LED flashlights (with USB recharge), since the car has a huge battery seemed sensible.
-- Get a decent USB flash drive or SSD drive (64GB minimum, 256GB recommended) for DashCam recording. But read threads here on best ones, as it needs decent write performance. The nomad comes with splitters so you can connect it with the Nomad also. Read section in User Manual about formatting needs (the car is a bit fussy about this).
-- Figure out charging needs. If you charge at home you may need to get an adapter since car only comes with (slow) base 120V adapter.