Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK accessories for RHD Model 3 [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is that a photo of your car?

I've just had another look and feel, and as much as I could see under drivers seat and its not like that. I even raised passenger seat to most forward position.

Both seats look very similar, with a big cable. There is an area which looks similar, but if I slide my hand in, there is no opening other than what feels to be a narrow slit if I clench my fingers right back. Now I may have mis interpreted that photo, but I was expecting a large opening with a vertical opening - if its like that, mine has a cover over it already. I could imagine something getting down the slit, but to get there, its into the opening in the carpet and back under yourself - infact, what I may be feeling may even be the gap between the carpet and the floor. There definitely is something there, but not some huge void into the top of the battery or anything resembling the sort of view in those photos.

I wonder if the design has changed or, our car had a SC visit where some of the inside sounds as if it had been removed and I wonder if it was modified in some way?

I can't honestly see any way to fit a grill in that area. It would be like sliding a vent cover into a narrow opening in the carpet.
Yeah, that's my car. Produced this year I assumed as picked up in March. Would be interested to know if there's a variance on slightly earlier models.

What’s the consensus on decent screen protectors? There are so many, many market themselves similarly but others cost a lot more and appear to sell themselves as higher quality.

ive owned many phone screen protectors before so do know there can be big differences in quality but again there are so many to choose from it’s hard to know...

Anyone have any first hand recommendations?

What’s the consensus on decent screen protectors? There are so many, many market themselves similarly but others cost a lot more and appear to sell themselves as higher quality.

ive owned many phone screen protectors before so do know there can be big differences in quality but again there are so many to choose from it’s hard to know...

I have this and it's really good (matte gen3)
Tempered Glass (9H) Screen Protector for the Tesla Model 3 & Y

Good to see AO can be relied on.

So, time to order, well the hell do I start.

1. Door opener stickers?? Guess these are a must.
2. What is there wireless charger like?
3. My car (when I have an idea of where it is, delivery etc....) will be a lease so not to fussed on major protection bits, but should I be considering????

cheers all.

h

I got the AO matt screen protector. Its really good, but doesn't totally solve the glare and finger print issue. But I do highly recommend. No noticeable loss in screen clarity despite the warning.

What the AO one does come with is a plastic template to make positioning fool proof.

Unfortunately, it also comes with a white cloth that sheds, so it took me two attempts to get right - first stick had a white dust particle between screen but thankfully I could remove and refix with no issues other than a change of pants. So unless things have changed, use the dark cloth that came with the car to do the final clean of the screen and not the white AO supplied one.

And don't forget to reuse the box to store important stuff that needs to be kept flat.

Reactions: Jez_GB

3. My car (when I have an idea of where it is, delivery etc....) will be a lease so not to fussed on major protection bits, but should I be considering????

cheers all.

h
The AO door opening stickers are really good, I also had the upgraded interior and boot lights (didn't bother with the glovebox) and they also make a huge difference. I had my wireless charger from amazon and it's been fine.

Reactions: Durzel and hcdavis3

Abstract Ocean, excellent product

A few treats from AO installed today.
Firstly the Tesla letters for the rear and I removed the Dual Motor one whilst I was at it.

E5AEC000-BCD2-4E58-8F76-3A3D9F39F495.jpeg
03E3D7A0-F3D0-464E-BF74-A8900A626E24.jpeg
2EBB2607-FB80-4DA4-B894-47395674EBE5.jpeg

cheers all.

h

Door open stickers a must for me! First few people who sat in my car were baffled, but once I put the stickers on there wasn't any issue / explaining required.

I just got these ones

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B07MXYBPYH?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Didn't bother with wireless charger mostly because wired charging is slow anyway, wireless will only be slower. I just fitted a USB A-C cable as intended and slot my phone in - works great.

And I got a screen protector which isn't even noticeable now it's on. Very happy with it.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B07KXR6QH7?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Anyone got any recommendations for either of these:

1 a bin to go inside one of the Centre cubby areas?

2 - some kind of luggage net - the boot is lovely and deep so my shopping bags fit in the section up against the back of the back seats. Until I floor it on the way home.

then they slide rather rapidly to the edge of the boot

so I’m wondering if there’s some way to keep them in place in the rear half of the boot

Before anyone says it yes yes I know that theoretically it’s possible to drive home with the shopping without flooring the throttle.

But what’s theoretically possible and what’s really possible when this car makes me grin quite this much are two very different things entirely!!!

So I just installed these, ordered on the 7th so reasonable delivery time and no customs charge.

US $26.01 10% OFF|LUCKEASY car central control panel protective patch for Tesla Model 3 2017 2019 Central control three patch feels Tesla Model Y|Automotive Interior Stickers| - AliExpress

It was pretty easy to fit, just took my time. It came well packaged and there is a good amount of tape on the back. I was able to apply then reapply to get a good fit.

The only point I would make is it affects the top lid which hides the phone charging area. Its much slower to rise now.

Attachments

• 20200615_185923.jpg
    20200615_185923.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 46
  • 20200615_185933.jpg
    20200615_185933.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 48
  • 20200615_193617.jpg
    20200615_193617.jpg
    230.7 KB · Views: 42