TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

UK accessories for RHD Model 3

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by Brighton, Jul 15, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Brighton

Brighton Member

Like (probably) all of you, I've been watching every Tesla 3 video out there, including wraps, accessories, chargers... anyway, there are some great bits out there.

But... the RHD market is slow, and everything is shipped from the US. (Fees/Taxes/Shipping). So I was hoping people could post good finds to UK accessories here. Things you can buy from Amazon UK, or places that ship to the UK for free (or cheap).

To kick things off I've been looking at a few things:

• Wireless charging pads (Nomad & Jeda seem to be the best ones in the US). There are only cheap Amazon knock offs available.
    • Proper floor mats (Tesla and Weathertech did some for LHD... nothing here yet).

What've you guys found that's good value for money / interesting and available in RHD?

2. VanillaAir_UK

VanillaAir_UK Waiting patiently for a tow

Add jack lift pucks to that list. Without them, you cannot jack the car without damaging the battery. IMHO, should be at least a Tesla version, or better still, supplied with the car.

If anyone goes to jack your car, make sure they are aware that it can only be jacked by inserting a suitable jack, or adaptor, into the specific points.

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  3. james_power

james_power Member

Totally missed that small detail about the new minuscule jack points, I currently have a model S and they are small enough already.

4. Martinb999

Martinb999 Member

I bought the Nomad charging mat for my M3 ($129 excluding delivery). It came in 3 days from the US and although I don't have the car yet to put it in (!) I'm ready with my fitting.

5. pgkevet

pgkevet Member

When the village garage put my car on his hoist to fix a flat we simply used some blocks of wood on the jacking points and raised the back end. It's on my to-do list to knock up some ally blocks with studs for next time.

The best accessoory is a thermos flask - I;m too frugal to pay for overpriced coffee while charging.

• Informative x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Love x 1
  6. davidmc

davidmc Member

Add Roof sun visors to list (although some might not like them) - on eBay for around £40 for the set (Not sure on quality tho) and from China.

And Wheel lug nut covers and centre cap (For Aero wheel cover removal people) - found them on eBay for £10 for a full set (free shipping from china) - I have ordered so will find out the quality when they arrive (end of July).

7. Thiellie

Thiellie Member

There are rumours that there will be an online Tesla store in the UK like in the US... but when???

8. james_power

james_power Member

Tesla time... I was told that in early June

9. Marc Roberts

Marc Roberts Member

Did not know this!

Wonder if any of the random Amazon ones are better than others.....

10. Thiellie

Thiellie Member

For all those out there with the 18” that want to take the hubcaps off.. there are plenty of caps and centre cap options on ebay and amazon.co.uk... just have a look at the pictures in detail before you order.. many of them are 3D printed..

I just ordered a set - will post once they arrive..

There is an official Tesla wheel cap set around $60 I think but only in the USA..

Ive also seen cup holder inserts to make the holders hold smaller cups bottles etc.. but ill see how the holders look once i have the M3

Something that seems sensible are those inserts for the centre console

11. J18ede

J18ede Member

I purchased frunk and trunk auto opening struts. They were from AYCustomsAutomotive and all in they were $131 including delivery, easy to fit and with apple’s siri and Watch they open hands free.

• Informative x 3
  12. VanillaAir_UK

Daft as it may seem, but I think I saw the aero wheel caps hanging on a wall at Heathrow SC. I'm sure I must be wrong.

13. LEE3

LEE3 Member

I bought some authentic Aero wheel caps off eBay in the US last month. A bit extra to ship but arrived in two weeks.

14. Peteski

Peteski Active Member

That rumour has been circulating for several years re. Model S/X. Maybe with the increased volume of M3 sales it might well happen!

15. dst87

dst87 Member

Does anyone have any idea what the cost of the Tesla wireless charging pad costs in the UK? It’s frustrating that the prices aren’t available online.

16. VanillaAir_UK

17. leewillis77

leewillis77 Member

I quite fancy a cup holder insert like this:

Cup Holder Insert for Tesla Model 3

While it's $18.95 which isn't *too* bad, the shipping to the UK is $29, so erm ...

At the minute I've filed under "we'll see how much of an issue it is when the car arrives"

• Like x 1
  18. VanillaAir_UK

#18 VanillaAir_UK, Jul 15, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
    I use a cut down, shaped and adapted Pringles box in my current car - patent pending. Reusable Starbucks coffee cups are different diameter to their paper ones.

If same problem persists in M3, probably wrap it in fake carbon fiber. Actually more likely to 3D print one.

20190715_172550974_iOS.jpg 20190715_172559359_iOS.jpg 20190715_172611421_iOS.jpg

19. JosiahLockhart

Most keen on some floot mats for the front... doesn't seem like anyone has a clear direction on that one...

20. Alan J

Alan J Member

I've ordered a few Bits from Amazon including a Wind Noise Deflector Insert, Cup Holder Inserts, Ceramic Paint Treatment and Puddle Lights as apparently the ones that come with the Car are quite dark. Like almost everyone else on this forum all I need now is a Car to put them on ! but they all seem reasonable quality / price to me.