Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK accessories for RHD Model 3 [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Random question, I remember a review of a wireless pad (I think nomad) and the left side was always charging at maximum capacity but the right side was slower as it shared output with the USB ports, does anyone know of a version that is prioritised on the right side?

Random question, I remember a review of a wireless pad (I think nomad) and the left side was always charging at maximum capacity but the right side was slower as it shared output with the USB ports, does anyone know of a version that is prioritised on the right side?
The TapTes charger uses a USB power feed for each side, so both the same speed. It also comes supplied with splitter cables so you still have two USB ports to use for dashcam etc.

The TapTes charger uses a USB power feed for each side, so both the same speed. It also comes supplied with splitter cables so you still have two USB ports to use for dashcam etc.
Thanks, great information. Would the splitter still have enough power to run an ssd for dashcam/sentry? I won't be bothering with music on a drive as I'll try Spotify and failing that Apple Music over Bluetooth from my phone.

Thanks, great information. Would the splitter still have enough power to run an ssd for dashcam/sentry? I won't be bothering with music on a drive as I'll try Spotify and failing that Apple Music over Bluetooth from my phone.
Mm, can’t really say on that, as I use a standard USB thumb drive, one each for music and dashcam. They both work fine, but I don’t know how much more power-hungry SSD drives are. I suppose a powered USB hub would be the belt-and-braces approach.

I’m running a Samsung T5 SSD off one of the splitters and it is working fine for a couple of weeks now. Hopefully I haven’t just jinxed it!

Reactions: Roy W.
Mm, can’t really say on that, as I use a standard USB thumb drive, one each for music and dashcam. They both work fine, but I don’t know how much more power-hungry SSD drives are. I suppose a powered USB hub would be the belt-and-braces approach.
I suspect you may run into problems over time with the USB thumb drive, reading other accounts, because of the frequent rewriting on the dashcam side. If so, a halfway house would be an "endurance" SSD card and suitable USB adapter therefor. I got a Samsung 128GB PRO Endurance MicroSDHC as I had seen these recommended. After splitting it into 2 drives (with free download software) in FAT32 it is now working well. About 50 quid all in. Will it be working in a year?

That's not how the Nomad works; it ships with two splitters, so both USB ports feed the Nomad, and both can be split off for data.

Reactions: m3gt2
Given the waiting list for the car we should probably have a parallel thread to this called “Model 3 for your accessories”. For those aspiring to actually get the car to join their accessories. Eventually.

Those charging pads, wheel caps and wind deflectors must be feeling very lonely on the shelf.

I did a genuine LOL when I read this and woke my GF with the guffaw.

Perhaps we need a meet where we all arrange our accessories on tables in a church hall somewhere and establish some wall charts for ‘most watched videos’ or ‘highest number of times logged into account webpage in first week’?

Installed Abstract Ocean console wrap and must say it was easy to install, just take your time :)

AO videos are easy to follow and help greatly. Install when cold in car also helps a lot.

Installed while charging this morning ;)

MVIMG_20190919_073221.jpg