Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK accessories for RHD Model 3 [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For anyone wanting to buy from abroad (such as Taptes which seems to be a popular source), VAT and possibly duty may be payable on the import. It seems to be a bit of a lottery, but if picked on, the handling charge the postal/courier service can sometimes be significantly more than the amount to be paid.

VAT payable on goods over £15.00
Customs Duty payable on goods over £135

these assume that you are not importing alcoholic or fragranced accessories!

Amount goods cost includes p&p and for VAT, includes any duty payable.

Tax and customs for goods sent from abroad
Tax and Customs duties are exactly what HMRC say they are, if you ever want to see your goods!

So far have purchased:-
  • wrap to cover piano black on
    • centre console
    • steering wheel
    • doors
  • wrap to cover dashboard strip
  • non reflective screen protector
  • auxiliary tray for front centre cubby hole
  • rubber mats for centre console storage areas
All bought direct from the US and was presented with a additional 24 GBP tariff charge at the door by UPS - was that a con? not sure but smelt like one. Better to buy via Amazon I guess.

Next iminent purchases will be (not from the US hopefully)
  • sculptured floor mats
  • enhanced LED internal lighting
  • Sandisk wifi stick

• centre console
    • steering wheel
    • doors
All bought direct from the US and was presented with a additional 24 GBP tariff charge at the door by UPS - was that a con? not sure but smelt like one. Better to buy via Amazon I guess.

• sculptured floor mats
  • Sandisk wifi stick
I find anything that I purchase from USA I get hit with import duty and fees but China are sneaky and under value things below £8 to not get hit :) (some things you buy from USA are sometimes manufactured in China or they sometimes do very good copies!)

Been waiting (and still am) for Model 3 since placing reservation in April 2016, so like most here have spent more time than I should have looking up accessories. So decided to put together a list of the common/popular accessories ..

Will be adding car mats once right hand drive ones become available. If there's any other accessories anyone has bought and think should be on the list then please do let me know.

Do you have links for the wraps please Keeper?
and the internal lighting.
I bought the wraps from Abstract Ocean. Accessorize your Tesla!
I got a referral code from a YouTube blog and got 15% off using “teslainventory” code
The LED lighting that I aspire to are from 2017-2019 Tesla Model 3 USR Edition Brightnest 948 Lux Plug & Play LED Interior Light Lamp Kit and if you use ”teslaswild” code you get a 15% discount. If you watch this vlog you’ll see the idea
I will be going with all blue probably

• centre console
    • steering wheel
    • doors

• sculptured floor mats
  • Sandisk wifi stick

I can definitely see the point in a wrap for the centre console as it's been a well documented glossy scratch and fingerprint magnet. I really wish they would offer a matt carbon finish like they did with S/X.

But I'm struggling to see the point of wrapping the dashboard strip, steering wheel or using a screen protector? Can't say I've had any problems with the screen on my MX and it already has an anti-glare matt finish. I presume the M3 screen has the same finish, but I haven't checked that.

I can definitely see the point in a wrap for the centre console as it's been a well documented glossy scratch and fingerprint magnet. I really wish they would offer a matt carbon finish like they did with S/X.

But I'm struggling to see the point of wrapping the dashboard strip, steering wheel or using a screen protector? Can't say I've had any problems with the screen on my MX and it already has an anti-glare matt finish. I presume the M3 screen has the same finish, but I haven't checked that.

A Matching look. I bought the dashboard strip as a standby. I'll see how I like it (It'll be white) All the piano black will be wrapped.

So am I understanding that you are wrapping all the gloss black in white? Or just that it's a white interior?

My aim is to wrap all piano black surfaces with a carbon fibre look. I'll also wrap the steering wheel grey plastic spokes to match. I just wanted the option to wrap what will be a white dashboard strip, in my configuration, with the carbon fibre look. They also chucked in a wrap for the chromed Tesla badge on the steering wheel. I'll see what I think about that too once I've had the car for a while.

Note: I'm not saying that the wrap that I bought from the US is any better than that that is now appearing on Amazon UK or other places here and at quite good prices. The US stuff says 3M on it and I assume they've got the templates of to a "T" so I'm hoping for a good look (provided I'm up to installing it ;))

Last edited:
My aim is to wrap all piano black surfaces with a carbon fibre look. I'll also wrap the steering wheel grey plastic spokes to match. I just wanted the option to wrap what will be a white dashboard strip, in my configuration, with the carbon fibre look. They also chucked in a wrap for the chromed Tesla badge on the steering wheel. I'll see what I think about that too once I've had the car for a while.

Note: I'm not saying that the wrap that I bought from the US is any better than that that is now appearing on Amazon UK or other places here and at quite good prices. The US stuff says 3M on it and I assume they've got the templates of to a "T" so I'm hoping for a good look (provided I'm up to installing it ;))

Ah, that makes sense now. That could potentially look really good (I love the carbon effect trim in my MX). I would keep the white dashboard strip though. I think that looks great already. The piano black trim looks a nightmare though!

Just FYI, I'm working on producing a decent set of RHD floor mats (quality tailored, not rubbery things).

If anyone is interested, please drop me a DM and I'll message you if/when I manage to something together.

(Hoping a couple of weeks if possible)

Reactions: RjbT3
Just FYI, I'm working on producing a decent set of RHD floor mats (quality tailored, not rubbery things).

If anyone is interested, please drop me a DM and I'll message you if/when I manage to something together.

(Hoping a couple of weeks if possible)
Let me know when you have details. And I'll update the accessories spreadsheet I've put together.

Been waiting (and still am) for Model 3 since placing reservation in April 2016, so like most here have spent more time than I should have looking up accessories. So decided to put together a list of the common/popular accessories ..

Will be adding car mats once right hand drive ones become available. If there's any other accessories anyone has bought and think should be on the list then please do let me know.
You are a star my friend. You have saved me a ton of work. I have seen almost all of the linked videos, but did not keep notes.