Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK accessories for RHD Model 3 [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered the TapTes wireless charger ($49] last week. Today I’ve had an email from them with a 10% discount code I can pass on to friends. As we’re all friends on here if anyone wants the code, please DM me and I’ll let you have it.

Given how awkward it is to put a screen protector on a phone or tablet without bubbles or other such annoyances wouldn’t it be a monumental pain in the **** trying to apply one to the Model 3 screen?

I can definitely see the value in a centre console wrap to avoid scratching the gloss black finish though.

And thanks @yak00 that’s a really useful spreadsheet you’ve put together.

Given how awkward it is to put a screen protector on a phone or tablet without bubbles or other such annoyances wouldn’t it be a monumental pain in the **** trying to apply one to the Model 3 screen?

I can definitely see the value in a centre console wrap to avoid scratching the gloss black finish though.

And thanks @yak00 that’s a really useful spreadsheet you’ve put together.

If you use a tempered glass screen protector they are a lot easier to get on without bubbles these days.

Make sure screen is cleaned properly and then i slowly apply the screen protector (Make sure its straight as well!) bending it ever so slightly that the middle touches the screen first then letting go of the edges. The protector will self apply with no bubbles. All you do is touch it to help. I have done many screens with Tempered glass screen protectors and always get 100% great results and no bubbles!

Reactions: interbear
My main reason was to unlock the frunk while carrying stuff (so not holding phone), but also useful for charging cable... and it looks neat :)
Smart watch? Apple watch, galaxy watch and others have apps that can also help and they allow you to do other things like set up "on approach do this" so if shopping and at the counter you quickly set the watch to open boot on approach! :)

Also with apple watch i think you can use voice commands! (remember to rename Siri to Kitt!)

Reactions: KlokkProjects