Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK and Ireland Marketplace - For Sale / Wanted / Free

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
'Winter tyres' as against 'all season tyres', assuming they are different?
That is a good point. Our car came with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S, which are definitely not winter tyres / all-season. So we bought another set of wheels + tyres, "Pirelli Winter 92W XL Sottozero 3". Wheels so I could change them myself.

Winter tyres are definitely not the same as all season tyres in terms of snow performance, but my knowledge stops here with respect to tyres :)

-- BORROW / BUY--

Does anyone have snow chains I can borrow/buy for Model Y 19in Gemini? Heading out to Switzerland and require a set to be in the car, although I doubt we will need to use as we will have access to local Defender if things start getting snowy!

I'm Cotswolds based and happy to drive/collect (When my MY gets delivered in December!)

Ta.
I have some "AutoSocks" that would fit your 255 45 R19 Model Y tyre size.

Have a look on AutoSock.co.uk for full info.

They are a legally approved option to chains throughout the EU (except Austria apparently!)

Much easier and quicker to put on.

Just keep them in the car in case.

£40 plus postage, unless you fancy a nice trip down to North Devon to collect

Model 3 - Alcantara headlining, sun visors, A,B, C pillars.

Very high quality.
Matches the Alcantara on the door cards and really adds a quality feel to the interior.

Sold on a 'swap' basis as I'd need your standard items to re-fit back to my car before it gets traded in.

Parts are easily / quickly fitted in approx 1-2 hours, and can be done on my driveway.

£1000

View attachment 873806

View attachment 873805

View attachment 873804

View attachment 873803
Reduced to £750 as car will be traded in next week.

We drive to CH a couple of times a year from Edinburgh in our Model 3. You are not actually required to have a set of chains in the car. If roads have the "you must use snow chains to be on this road" sign, then you need to have snow chains on for that road. These are pretty rare signs tbh, even up in the mountains I've only seen a couple.

View attachment 876388

You definitely need winter tyres though, again it is not the law in CH. However, Switzerland does have a general catch-all law where you need to be "in control of your vehicle". So getting in a crash in winter without winter tyres is not advisable.

Happy to be corrected on the chains piece. We have a few weeks before we drive there :)

Also, if you still want to buy snow chains. They are actually cheaper to buy in CH than the UK.

edit: reduced the number of emoji/smilies. Makes me look weird.
Thank you for your detailed response Iain, and thank you for the "in control of your vehicle" catch-all law. That is a good idea to buy out there and I have a friend living out there so can always arrange that when I get there. I am intending to get some winter tyres although not looked into that yet.

Model Y Trunk Cargo Retractable Cover (for early models that came without one)

Probably only a small number of people may be interested in this. I purchased it before I received my Model Y, as a trunk cover was not supposed to be fitted (as in the case of earlier models) but when my Model Y was delivered it came with the a Tesla cover already fitted.

If you had one of the earlier cars that came without a cover, you can have this brand new one for free. The cover is shown here:

I haven't got the time or the packaging to post this item, so please don't ask as the answer will be NO.

Collection ONLY from Gloucestershire, GL13 area.

Reactions: Caramel and HenryT
First post here from a long time 'lurker'.

My leased Model 3 LR was returned a few weeks ago when I retired. I have a new M3 LR arriving today (fingers crossed!)

I have for sale a perfect OEM 'Aero' 18" alloy wheel and Michelin Pilot 4 tyre in good condition and with ~5mm tread depth remaining across its width - I kept this at home as a 'spare' for my lease car and as my new car has 19" wheels, no longer have a need for it.

£250 collected, will ship at cost (probably about £12, but will confirm)

I also have a new, unused and unfitted 4 piece Illuminated Sill plate set for a Model 3, finished in brushed steel. Bought from Ali Express a few weeks ago.

£95 shipped.

Happy to post photos is there is any interest in either of these items.

First post here from a long time 'lurker'.

My leased Model 3 LR was returned a few weeks ago when I retired. I have a new M3 LR arriving today (fingers crossed!)

I have for sale a perfect OEM 'Aero' 18" alloy wheel and Michelin Pilot 4 tyre in good condition and with ~5mm tread depth remaining across its width - I kept this at home as a 'spare' for my lease car and as my new car has 19" wheels, no longer have a need for it.

£250 collected, will ship at cost (probably about £12, but will confirm)

I also have a new, unused and unfitted 4 piece Illuminated Sill plate set for a Model 3, finished in brushed steel. Bought from Ali Express a few weeks ago.

£95 shipped.

Happy to post photos is there is any interest in either of these items.
Wouldn't the wheel still work as an emergency spare as even though the rim diameter is smaller the outer circumference of the tyre will be the same? Not a long term solution but good enough to get you home.

WANTED I need one of these 19" induction style covers for my MY.

I have a set, and one of them had cracked grips at the back when they arrived from China. I have zero faith in AliExpress' returns process (plus a long wait).

Weirdly tessories sell them individually, but only if you've previously bought a full set from then.

So i need a replacement, would happily take 2 so I have a spare. Anyone looking to sell?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221223-092627.png
    Screenshot_20221223-092627.png
    893.3 KB · Views: 96