Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I will get a home charging point but I have the joy of living in a listed building with a residence association and management company so it’s not going to happen quickly. It will happen tho, there is a desire even if there’s bureaucracy.

I guess I’m going to be shopping at Canary Wharf Waitrose or grabbing a coffee at st cathrerines dock every week or so!

Check your lease details. I too suffered the inertia of RA’s and Managemeent companies in leasehold property. It was so painful that in the end I had myself elected to the board of directors so I could shake it up from the inside. From that position navigating the red tape was far simpler, and pretty much everything I wanted to happen happened. CCTV, Communal Sky dishes, gigabit broadband, decent street lighting, reductions in bills, and a newer, more dynamic management co to replace dullards that went before.

Check your lease details. I too suffered the inertia of RA’s and Managemeent companies in leasehold property. It was so painful that in the end I had myself elected to the board of directors so I could shake it up from the inside. From that position navigating the red tape was far simpler, and pretty much everything I wanted to happen happened. CCTV, Communal Sky dishes, gigabit broadband, decent street lighting, reductions in bills, and a newer, more dynamic management co to replace dullards that went before.

One wonders how some listed buildings remain safe for occupancy or managed to get electricity!

My money is on Crawley SC. Will pop in tomorrow and see where we are at.
Can I cash out?
B9BA5FC7-6986-4941-A286-80E6EF52FCEB.jpeg

Update is that they’re getting there, obviously still work to be done, needs to be commissioned and still needs connecting to the mains supply.

Haha considering Edinburgh, Braintree (Aberdeen?) and Banbury already have stalls, bump stops etc I think your odds have been slim for a while.

Good to see the progress however.

Let’s see if Braintree goes live 0001 tomorrow
A tip-off pointed me to a tweet from The Telegraph which says Gridserve Braintree will open on Monday (7th Dec). Can anywhere else metaphorically charge up the final furlong to beat that?
https://twitter.com/telebusiness/status/1333688098748854272

• Informative
Reactions: CMc1 and JupiterMan
How many will there be there? Looks like 4 but was told be mobile service engineer they should have 8?

As per the pic in one of @Joelly 's earlier posts, 8 stalls are being built at Crawley/Gatwick - there are another four out of shot in the most recent picture (to the left).

The article in the Telegraph mentions that there will 6 Tesla units and from the photo they posted it does like 6 are lined up

That's right for the Gridserve Braintree site - they've stuck with the 6 stall layout shown in the original planning drawings.

• Informative
Reactions: rlasry1 and m3p_uk
I used the Heathrow Hilton SuC a few weeks ago. Lots of tumbleweed blowing through the car park, and the occasional numptie flying a drone whilst his car was charging. But the SuCs were working OK. Top Tip - ignore the "IN" lane / barrier which is down, just drive through the "OUT" as the barrier has been broken. No idea how you get a chit from the hotel, but I've not received a fine yet!

Someone on SpeakEV has found the following locations linked to Gridserve (which also means possible future Supercharger locations!)

———
All these names are registered as Electric Forecourt Ltd with Companies House. This could indicate present and future projects. I thought that I came across one that was dissolved, but can’t find it now. That may indicate that the project fell through.

Braintree
Plymouth Centre
Eton
Dover
Markham Vale
Newark South
Yeovil
Leeds West
Warwick South
Gateshead
Norwich East
Gatwick
Stevenage
Minehead Solar
Uckfield Solar

In the case of Warwick South, an Environment Impact Assessment has been requested on land at Bishops Tachbrook.

Some of the sites will be directly connected to Solar Farms
———
Speculation sites: Looks like Newark South has been dropped from the list in flavour for Bromborough since companies house records have been altered for Gridserve locations.

Reactions: cezdoc