Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone got any updates for what I will now call the "wider Humber triangle" of supercharge desert from Doncaster up to Wetherby & York extending out east beyond Hull & Scunthorpe?

Ferrybridge - I did spot from afar what looked like some works going on there a week or two back but didn't get chance to take a closer look (we can only hope and pray for the sacred "T" logo on any works there).

Charging price changes - not strictly location specific BUT this could have an effect on charging prices moving forwards. Had this through from Shell outlining regulatory VAT changes for charge point prices. Presumably ripple effect of increasing for us also:

At Shell Recharge we are always on a journey to make your charging experience easier for you. Pricing of public charging can be complex to understand. Therefore we are happy to introduce one one clear charging tariff for all non-NewMotion charge points on our UK network. This means for you, pricing is now easier to understand and more predictable.

In addition, the government recently clarified that the “de minimis” provision does not apply to supplies of electric vehicle charging at charge points in public places, and therefore the VAT should be 20% rather than 5%. More information on that can be found here. This means that the price including VAT for charging will change.

The prices will change between 1- 8 July. Keep an eye out in your app to see the full breakdown of tariffs.

The new tariffs (incl VAT) will be:
Charge point categoryTariff
NewMotion charge pointsVariable - check pricing in your app
Other regular charge points (AC) £0.40/kWh
Other fast charge points (DC) £0.45/kWh
Ionity chargers£0.72kWh
For all charge sessions a transaction fee of £0.35 is charged, with a maximum of £7.00 per month.
The flat tariff pricing in the UK only applies to the following charge cards. For all other charge cards please refer to the charging app for pricing.

For further information on how charging on-the-go pricing works, please visit our website here.
All the updates are mainly found on Page one of this thread so hopefully that’ll help.

Anyone got any updates for what I will now call the "wider Humber triangle" of supercharge desert from Doncaster up to Wetherby & York extending out east beyond Hull & Scunthorpe?

Ferrybridge - I did spot from afar what looked like some works going on there a week or two back but didn't get chance to take a closer look (we can only hope and pray for the sacred "T" logo on any works there).

Charging price changes - not strictly location specific BUT this could have an effect on charging prices moving forwards. Had this through from Shell outlining regulatory VAT changes for charge point prices. Presumably ripple effect of increasing for us also:

At Shell Recharge we are always on a journey to make your charging experience easier for you. Pricing of public charging can be complex to understand. Therefore we are happy to introduce one one clear charging tariff for all non-NewMotion charge points on our UK network. This means for you, pricing is now easier to understand and more predictable.

In addition, the government recently clarified that the “de minimis” provision does not apply to supplies of electric vehicle charging at charge points in public places, and therefore the VAT should be 20% rather than 5%. More information on that can be found here. This means that the price including VAT for charging will change.

The prices will change between 1- 8 July. Keep an eye out in your app to see the full breakdown of tariffs.

Ionity chargers£0.72kWh
For all charge sessions a transaction fee of £0.35 is charged, with a maximum of £7.00 per month.
The flat tariff pricing in the UK only applies to the following charge cards. For all other charge cards please refer to the charging app for pricing.

For further information on how charging on-the-go pricing works, please visit our website here.
There haven’t been any VAT changes. Some providers misinterpreted the rules and only charged 5% VAT. Tesla has always charged 20%.

Ionity chargers£0.72kWh

Daylight robbery those charging costs!

Charging price changes - not strictly location specific BUT this could have an effect on charging prices moving forwards. Had this through from Shell outlining regulatory VAT changes for charge point prices. Presumably ripple effect of increasing for us

Tesla were already charging 20% vat. There’s (paraphrasing) an exemption for small amounts of electricity + other conditions & some providers had taken the view that a public charge point qualified (since any individual customer probably only receives a small amount of electricity from any individual chargepoint), HMRC clarified that this doesn’t apply Revenue and Customs Brief 7 (2021): VAT liability of charging of electric vehicles

• Informative
Reactions: MrBadger

Ionity chargers£0.72kWh

On price rises I am at Amesbury now and it’s 29p/kw. Sure it was only 23p/kw only a week or so ago. Have I missed a price rise?

I think there has been a change in the VAT treatment of public chargers for the worse
Not for Tesla, and frankly most networks always charged 20%. Instavolt were apparently trying to get away with 5%, and lost their case so increased prices. BP then increased their prices in order to stay more expensive, nothing to do with VAT. Finally Shell realized they were cheaper than both, so also jumped up their price vaguely referencing VAT but unclear what rate they had been charging before. It's like the opposite of competition, our fossil friends really wan to be as expensive as possible.

Wholesale electricity has been expensive for a while now as anyone on Octopus Agile will tell you while crying.

Aberystwyth, Llety Parc Hotel this week
9E0DB31E-721D-4B44-A7BB-0C519E601A46.jpeg

I'll pop round there again on Monday evening on the way home and report back. Didn't take pics unfortunately but could've sworn they looked like dual. I'll double check though and confirm :)
I was round there Saturday after a present for my dad so had a nose. There were 8 V3s installed on one side of the bay, and crates etc on the other side. Big new cabinets are up across the road, couldn't tell what's in them but there is a recently filled-in trench to the chargers.

It's a very busy car park for one of Stoke's most popular attractions, so these might be susceptible to ICEing. They've been put in between a restaurant's section of the car park and disabled spaces, so we might get away with it fingers crossed.

Dual chargers? Are you referring to the leads? Are you positive? The last pictures showed Single leads mean V3 250 kW… interesting if you’ve seen otherwise
Forgot to go round Monday evening so went round last night instead. Sorry - I was wrong. There’s only single V3 chargers. It looked like doubles previously. They’re very close to commissioning. No containers there and the car park has been repainted etc. Looking good for imminent opening up!

pic below

Attachments

• 25576B4D-B0BA-4696-B303-D2522738D8AE.jpeg
    25576B4D-B0BA-4696-B303-D2522738D8AE.jpeg
    555.1 KB · Views: 44
Update on Woodall Northbound. Nearest substation is Kiveton Park and DNO upgrade work at that site to the Services has slipped from Autumn 2021 to now starting June 2022 due to contractual issues. :rolleyes:

DNO work at Leeds Orbital Road / Thorpe Park (East Leeds marker) is also due to finished mid-September 2021. (Which aligns with Tesla’s Q3 2021 target).

Reactions: PB1975
That looks like a mistake. I think there may be some coming at the service centre nearby on the other side of the M3.
The map marker is obviously wrong (that bit of Easton Lane is a bike route and not accessible by car), but the existing Tesla service centre is on the other half of Easton Lane. So this is fairly clearly a Supercharger at the service centre, as is becoming common practice.

Indeed, I thought there had been discussion of Superchargers at this service centre before?

Edit: see here - New Winchester Service Centre

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: CMc1