Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I appreciate that the spurious Winchester supercharger has been removed from the map however here's the gossip:

Superchargers would be installed along the NE side of the showroom building - see diagram below.
The problem is that to enable the power supply, the road (Easton Lane) will have to be dug up and the access to the neighbouring Mercedes dealership will have to be dug up too. (I bet that was a fun conversation!)
No timeframe for all this to happen.

I'm inclined to think that there are lower hanging fruit to be picked before this project is tackled......

Screenshot 2021-06-29 at 12.56.26.png

As Q2 comes to a close, Aberystwyth and Reading (yet to start) noted as opening soon.

Looking forward, potentially 11 new sites in Q3 (that must be a UK record if it all works out!?) plus no doubt another site expansion / V3 conversion during the quarter as well as Tesla sneaking another site in (keep those eyes peeled). Gridserve Norwich East with Superchargers is likely to open Q3 too.

Busy upcoming Q3 potentially!!

Latest info on Post #1 Wiki - UK Supercharger Site News

As Q2 comes to a close, Aberystwyth and Reading (yet to start) noted as opening soon.

Looking forward, potentially 11 new sites in Q3 (that must be a UK record if it all works out!?) plus no doubt another site expansion / V3 conversion during the quarter as well as Tesla sneaking another site in (keep those eyes peeled). Gridserve Norwich East with Superchargers is likely to open Q3 too.

Busy upcoming Q3 potentially!!

Latest info on Post #1 Wiki - UK Supercharger Site News
I expect Tesla will update the target opening dates at some point in July, but once that's done I think the ones that remain in Q3 2021 will be very likely to see construction activity based on Tesla's track record so far this year. Plus Trentham (Q4 2021) will, no doubt, be brought forward.

Looking through Tesla's list it seems plausible that London Gateway (Q1 2022) refers to Welcome Break London Gateway Services (Edgware) rather than the port area in Essex where Tesla's marker (currently) sits. In fact, there was a marker in the Edgware area which was removed at the start of this year.

Reactions: CMc1
Adderstone, North Greenwich and Braintree (still) closed on Map

Reduced service at Brent Cross, Birchanger Green and Nottingham Service centre

Bristol - Cribbs Causeway: Model 3 Nav now shows 14 stalls @ 130 kW max (should be 250 kW)

Adderstone was open on Sunday 27th June, I charged there. Only got ~55kW for some reason, probably because I was at 60% SOC when I plugged in, but I guess it's also possible that there was a fault - I was the only vehicle on site for the first ~15 minutes.

Adderstone was open on Sunday 27th June, I charged there. Only got ~55kW for some reason, probably because I was at 60% SOC when I plugged in, but I guess it's also possible that there was a fault - I was the only vehicle on site for the first ~15 minutes.
I'm heading up that way on Sunday.. it'll be a right PITA if it's down as I was hoping to use that to give me enough juice to spend a few days in Newcastle and around

Last edited:
I charged at Adderstone on Friday 25th June without problem. There were three other Teslas there. Had a burger at the Purdy Lodge Grill - would not recommend that choice!

Adderstone changed to “temp closure” on Monday 28th June and is still marked as closed today… unless someone else can verify?

Bristol - Cribs Causeway has now been corrected to 14 stalls 250 kW max.

Trumpington is correct on the Nav.

No sign/news on Aberystwyth.

Last edited:
Adderstone changed to “temp closure” on Monday 28th June and is still marked as closed today… unless someone else can verify?

Bristol - Cribs Causeway has now been corrected to 14 stalls 250 kW max.

Trumpington is correct on the Nav.

No sign/news on Aberystwyth.
As to Aberystwyth - defo 6 Superchargers V3. All building works finished. The Tesla engineer was there yesterday. Expect it to go online any time now 😀