Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On the back of today’s GRIDSERVE EH announcement; can expect a few more Tesla superchargers at Cornwall Services as well as the others that were already aware of coming to Reading, Thurrock and Exeter by the end of 2021. Not all 10 will have Tesla Superchargers but I’d imagine a vast majority will. And up to 50 in total planned across the UK.
GRIDSERVE Electric Highway’s first Motorway Electric Hub – a bank of 12 high power 350kW GRIDSERVE Electric Highway chargers alongside 12 x Tesla Superchargers was opened to the public in April at Rugby Services and is the UK’s largest high power motorway charging site. It will act as a blueprint for all future sites, with more than 10 new Electric Hubs, each featuring 6-12 high power 350kW chargers per location, expected to be completed this year – starting with motorways services deployments in Reading (East and West), Thurrock, and Exeter, and Cornwall Services.

• Informative
Reactions: JupiterMan
Ooh I didn't know about Reading "Eastbound" Services?? The only plans I've seen were for the "Westbound"!?!
On the back of today’s GRIDSERVE EH announcement; can expect a few more Tesla superchargers at Cornwall Services as well as the others that were already aware of coming to Reading, Thurrock and Exeter by the end of 2021. Not all 10 will have Tesla Superchargers but I’d imagine a vast majority will. And up to 50 in total planned across the UK.

Guy on Zap-Map reporting he charged there on 29th even though Tesla reported the site as closed, so it looks like an admin error or something.
And someone has just been on supercharge.info in last few hours and said there is no power to whole site. So it’s definitely offline
F4F43F46-352E-4150-9C19-70144E8ABCBE.jpeg

Ah hadn’t seen that (or remember it)… maybe Cornwall will be one without then! So much happening, struggling to keep tabs.
if they are fast reliable, contactless chargers and 30p per KW I don't care whose name is on them. This + the 2 sites Tesla is planning in Cornwall and the new sites on the M5 at Taunton, Bridgewater and Exeter is going to transform Cornwall for EV's. Shame none if it will be ready for this summer when half the country will descend on Cornwall for a UKtion .

if they are fast reliable, contactless chargers and 30p per KW I don't care whose name is on them. This + the 2 sites Tesla is planning in Cornwall and the new sites on the M5 at Taunton, Bridgewater and Exeter is going to transform Cornwall for EV's. Shame none if it will be ready for this summer when half the country will descend on Cornwall for a UKtion .
UKtion… love it 😂

Live report from the “Farnham/Hogs Back” Supercharger site:
Everything complete for tombstones, cabinets, wheel-stops and signs BUT the DNO now needs to complet’s getting power to site. Still a couple of weeks at least I would guess.
what3words address for the chargers is funny.jelly.save
View attachment 680597
Cheers @PB1975 Do you have a better idea of coordinates please?

edit: just noticed your W3W reference. Thanks!

Live report from the “Farnham/Hogs Back” Supercharger site:
Everything complete for tombstones, cabinets, wheel-stops and signs BUT the DNO now needs to complet’s getting power to site. Still a couple of weeks at least I would guess.
what3words address for the chargers is funny.jelly.save
View attachment 680597

Sadly it looks like there's some form of Parking-Eye style restrictions in place from the sign

why can't they just do ANPR with an 'if its a tesla ignore it' filter? Most of the time this is to stop casual parkers or neighbouring business parks/industrial estates from taking the mick. Clearly Tesla do deals with these places and its unlikely a tesla will be stopping to take advantage of parking but not be charging or staying at the hotel. Registering (or at least the stress involved in a location like this wondering if you need to or get fined) is such a pain