Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Blyth has been removed from Tesla’s website as coming soon…
That is sad for Wales. But its not just that, they have done the quarterly update to the map today/yesterday.
Newquay is now 2022 was Q3 2021
Bridgewater has also gone
Ferrybridge is just 2022 rather than Q2 2022.

There are probably other changes. those are just the ones I was following

• Helpful
Reactions: cezdoc and CMc1
Here’s the list of the current “coming soon” pins on the Tesla map. Lots of omissions, removals and oddities, but a good number (including Fleet bl00dy South and Brighouse!!) for 2021.
CDE28866-A692-4FC6-9787-A5BEF1573C62.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: CMc1 and browellm
Here’s the list of the current “coming soon” pins on the Tesla map. Lots of omissions, removals and oddities, but a good number (including Fleet bl00dy South and Brighouse!!) for 2021.
View attachment 692007
So what about the ones in Tolvaddon Cornwall (TR15 3GF) ones that were discovered a few weeks back. They are already in and just waiting for power so there is no way they are the NewQuay 2022 ones. that would be an EasyJet level location mis-description and surely it won't take until 2022 to get them connected and yet they don't appear on the updated map?

So what about the ones in Tolvaddon Cornwall (TR15 3GF) ones that were discovered a few weeks back. They are already in and just waiting for power so there is no way they are the NewQuay 2022 ones. that would be an EasyJet level location mis-description and surely it won't take until 2022 to get them connected and yet they don't appear on the updated map?

I drove past there yesterday evening - all still fenced off, but the ground behind the charger cabinets looked like it had recently dug up, so maybe it's close...
Considering the state of chargers in Cornwall, It can't come quickly enough. Planned a day trip to Lanhydrock yesterday, all 3 of the possible rapid chargers I'd planned to use on the way were OOO. Ended up taking a 60 mile detour to charge at Lifton.

View attachment 692007
North East of England badly served already by Super Chargers and it does not look like its going to get any better any time soon looking at that. Its a good job I live in that area so if I was going on a road trip I would leave with full charge, arrive at destination and recharge then return home. Not much good for folks traveling to NE or heading north through it.

Reactions: Neilio
North East of England badly served already by Super Chargers and it does not look like its going to get any better any time soon looking at that. Its a good job I live in that area so if I was going on a road trip I would leave with full charge, arrive at destination and recharge then return home. Not much good for folks traveling to NE or heading north through it.
Gateshead (Gridserve) is in the pipeline and that’s not included.

Reactions: oddjobbob51
View attachment 692007
A couple of further details to @PB1975 's list of Tesla's "Coming Soon" UK sites:
- Reading is still included (pushed back from Q2 to Q4 2021);
- As mentioned, Brighouse has been reinstated (the Welcome Break Hartshead Moor service area). This marker has appeared in previous lists but was removed in January this year;
- Target opening dates for two sites have been brought forward: Fleet (from 2022 to Q4 2021) and Leavesden (from 2023 to 2022);
- Target opening dates for 17 sites (including Reading) have been pushed back. It's quicker to list the 6 that haven't changed: Belfast, Plymouth, Sevenoaks, Ferndown, Croydon & Brighton;
- The list has been pared down with the removal of 8 sites: Blyth, Bridgwater, Builth Wells, Chiswick, Leicester West, London Gateway, Tamworth and Thurrock.

Some of the removed markers were only added in April so it remains to be seen if some or all make a comeback (note that Builth Wells disappeared for a couple of days in April but was reinstated, and planning documents for Thurrock, approved a year ago, include 16 V3 stalls).

Only 3 sites remain with a Q3 2021 target but that group doesn't appear to include the Redruth or Hog's Back which are at an advanced stage of construction. Tesla's list is demonstrably inaccurate but there will be a few grains of truth included. So far this year 6 new sites have opened each quarter (plus some site expansions); hopefully that rate can continue in Q3.

Express Service rolling out at Superchargers soon! Thanks @PDB33

Tesla are planning to provide mobile capable repairs at certain supercharger locations soon. Instead of booking into the service centre or mobile (home) service, certain items will be available from a mobile ranger stationed at a supercharger location.

I think this is a great idea and follows similar trials in the US and Norway. Should allow Tesla to expand their service availability without necessarily doubling down on the amount of mobile rangers required.

Direct Link to Tweet:
Screenshot of Tweet below:

View attachment 642294

Just spotted these in the list of UK service centres, also shown on the supercharger map online - Supercharger | Tesla UK

View attachment 693477

Reactions: PB1975 and cezdoc
Sevenoaks latest (today) from supercharge.info

The second image above shows just how much work goes into each SuC site, and the tremendous investment still being made to grow the brand and its unique offering.

I live quite near Birch services in north Manchester - I will pop by next time I pass and look for the start of works there.

I also note that Brighouse on M62 that is now planned is just a mile or so from the infamous Hartshead Moor services, where the tombstones were installed, but apparently a local landowner would not allow electrical cables across her/his land. The site was never commissioned. [infamous in UK Tesla circles].

Tony

A couple of further details to @PB1975 's list of Tesla's "Coming Soon" UK sites:
- Reading is still included (pushed back from Q2 to Q4 2021);
- As mentioned, Brighouse has been reinstated (the Welcome Break Hartshead Moor service area). This marker has appeared in previous lists but was removed in January this year;
- Target opening dates for two sites have been brought forward: Fleet (from 2022 to Q4 2021) and Leavesden (from 2023 to 2022);
- Target opening dates for 17 sites (including Reading) have been pushed back. It's quicker to list the 6 that haven't changed: Belfast, Plymouth, Sevenoaks, Ferndown, Croydon & Brighton;
- The list has been pared down with the removal of 8 sites: Blyth, Bridgwater, Builth Wells, Chiswick, Leicester West, London Gateway, Tamworth and Thurrock.

Some of the removed markers were only added in April so it remains to be seen if some or all make a comeback (note that Builth Wells disappeared for a couple of days in April but was reinstated, and planning documents for Thurrock, approved a year ago, include 16 V3 stalls).

Only 3 sites remain with a Q3 2021 target but that group doesn't appear to include the Redruth or Hog's Back which are at an advanced stage of construction. Tesla's list is demonstrably inaccurate but there will be a few grains of truth included. So far this year 6 new sites have opened each quarter (plus some site expansions); hopefully that rate can continue in Q3.
I see that what you've put was for UK sites, and that's great!!
But does anyone know anything about this new Tralee (Ireland) site that is due 2021 Q3?? (as this is a page for UK & Ireland)
Would be good to know if there is any progress too as I'm going that way soon.
Thanks in advance 😊
Tralee.jpg