Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see that what you've put was for UK sites, and that's great!!
But does anyone know anything about this new Tralee (Ireland) site that is due 2021 Q3?? (as this is a page for UK & Ireland)
Would be good to know if there is any progress too as I'm going that way soon.
Thanks in advance 😊
View attachment 694161
I'm not familiar with the ins and outs of planning applications in Ireland but note that plans have been tracked down for Athenry, Dublin and Enfield - details for these 3 plus an entry for Tralee are at the end of the wikipost at the start of this thread. There may be a planning application for a location in the Tralee area somewhere on the web but I haven't seen anything unearthed yet. The fact that Tesla have recently gone to the trouble of adding it with a target opening date by the end of September (Tesla Time TM) does appear to indicate plans are already in place - in fact their indicative timing implies it would be the next Irish supercharger to open following Cork earlier this year.

Reactions: GBDave
I recently visited the new Trentham Supercharger. If heading south along the M6 (and you can use CCS) it's a useful alternative to risking a wait or slower charge at the often busy 4-bay Keele Southbound Supercharger. Trentham Estate is also a more pleasant place for a leg stretch than Keele, which is one of Welcome Break's older/tired looking service areas. Services at Trentham appear to be more limited in the evening although there are a couple of restaurants there I speculate the Premier Inn would allow use of their facilities if everywhere else is shut.

The superchargers are behind a barrier but Tesla's Nav and website indicate 24 hr access so presumably it's just a case of giving security a call out of hours.

2021-07-25 IMG_1212 Trentham barrier crop 40.jpg

The second image above shows just how much work goes into each SuC site, and the tremendous investment still being made to grow the brand and its unique offering.

I live quite near Birch services in north Manchester - I will pop by next time I pass and look for the start of works there.

I also note that Brighouse on M62 that is now planned is just a mile or so from the infamous Hartshead Moor services, where the tombstones were installed, but apparently a local landowner would not allow electrical cables across her/his land. The site was never commissioned. [infamous in UK Tesla circles].

Tony
Tony, i also live nearby. Had a rare day when both me and the other half needed to charge our respective cars on our single charger so charged on the Ecotricity/EH at Birch. While I did, I wandered the entire site to see if I could spot any works. If there are any they’re very well hidden! walked the HGV section and round the hotel too and nothing yet that I could see.

Reactions: cezdoc
Gridserve have a web page for their proposed Bromborough Electric Forecourt (R) site, as reported on the Gridserve thread by @PaulMD .
Gridserve indicate planning has been submitted and invite feedback although I haven't managed to find the application on the Wirral Council site.
I'd estimate the location GPS coords of the "branded charger" bays as (53.331200, -2.972500) - the postcode is CH62 3PE.

2021-08-12 Gridserve Bromborough 125302.png

2021-08-12 Gridserve Bromborough 125246.png

• Love
Reactions: PaulMD and CMc1
Is the tyre pressure check necessary as the M3 gives a PSI readout?
Lol this was my thought too. Also tyre pressures should be measured cold so they’d have to subtract a fudge factor to account for them being warmed up on the motorway.
Also not sure about M3’s but on an S/X there’s a button on the stalk that does the screen wash for you ;) (okay I know it can’t automatically refill the washer reservoir though!).

Still, nice to have a human to talk to, and probably a lot more convenient than trekking to a Service Centre for many folk.

Reactions: CMc1
Do you mean to go from both services to south? If so it is an offence to do so and is not recommended! I'd love them to have more charging locations northbound, your best bet currently is Northampton unless you could make it to either Rugby or Leicester.

So, umm, does anyone know what the state of play is with the barrier at Newport Pagnell services? Is it still up?