Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes that looks identical to foundations for other Supercharger power supplies. Expect a big green box, a thinner grey/silver one and a transformer to eventually be sited here. Nearby there will be separate bases for the V3 charger cabinets (I think 3 or 4 are expected at the Trafford Centre), I think they are prefabricated so may not be on site yet.
I bought some specs from the Trafford Centre so I’ll pop back in a week or two to see if any more kit has turned up. I think it’s due to be one of the larger sites and the cabling and fenced off areas certainly give that impression.

The works appear to start at (53.4670650, -2.3538801) and goes round the corner of the car park to (53.4672029, -2.3525028).

Yes that looks identical to foundations for other Supercharger power supplies. Expect a big green box, a thinner grey/silver one and a transformer to eventually be sited here. Nearby there will be separate bases for the V3 charger cabinets (I think 3 or 4 are expected at the Trafford Centre), I think they are prefabricated so may not be on site yet.
I agree, it looks like a textbook example of the layout for Supercharger hardware!

I bought some specs from the Trafford Centre so I’ll pop back in a week or two to see if any more kit has turned up. I think it’s due to be one of the larger sites and the cabling and fenced off areas certainly give that impression.

The works appear to start at (53.4670650, -2.3538801) and goes round the corner of the car park to (53.4672029, -2.3525028).
The proposed site plans are shown in @CMc1 ’s post here; looks like the DNO box & transformer is now in a different spot but the trenching that I assume will be for the charging stalls appear to line up with the drawings. Eighteen stalls shown although IIRC a slightly different number is mentioned in other planning docs so it will be interesting to see what the final layout includes.

Can confirm that the Electricity Cables are going in for the Winchester Super Chargers at the Service Centre. The misses snapped some (Slightly Blurry) 'Action' shots right outside the dealership this morning. Guys with 'Electricity' on their vests digging up the road and footpath. 👀

Screenshot_2.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_4.jpg
    Screenshot_4.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 52
  • Screenshot_3.jpg
    Screenshot_3.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 34
evMonkey's latest weekly update showing the status at Gridserve's Norwich site includes a shot of some square ponies (tombstone foundations) on a pallet plus two pre-fab V3 charger cabinet foundations (05:24). Looking back at a couple of the updates I can see these have been on site since the end of August and provide confirmation that the 8 "branded charger" bays shown in site plans will indeed be supercharger stalls, as they were at Braintree.

evMonkey's latest weekly update showing the status at Gridserve's Norwich site includes a shot of some square ponies (tombstone foundations) on a pallet plus two pre-fab V3 charger cabinet foundations (05:24). Looking back at a couple of the updates I can see these have been on site since the end of August and provide confirmation that the 8 "branded charger" bays shown in site plans will indeed be supercharger stalls, as they were at Braintree.

Blimey, I guess there is very little to do in Norwich.

I used the Superchargers at Fleet Services, M3, London bound today.
6 units V2, in use delivering 150kw
6 Units V3 under covers, no suggestion of control gear or connections.

Are you sure? For the past several years it's been 8 operational out of 12 (with all the equipment present initially but numbers limited apparently due to lack of available power at the site)

I am interested to know this as if this is a V3 upgrade then it will remove a site from non CCS enabled cars - unless it retains both cables (was it Park Lane V3 that were dual head?). I saw someone mention that Woodall has also been upgraded, I've checked both sites in my 2020 Model S today via the map and neither state that a CCS adapter is required (as for example, Leeds, Manchester or Flint do).

If Tebay is an expansion then that is brilliant news!

PS, I also checked Birch again and no sign of any movement
Manchester is a mixed site V2/V3 i was there last week

V2 by the road and V3 across the carpark, the cabinet can be seen to the right

PSA Fort William supercharger is showing as a “temporary closure” but as we are staying in Glen Nevis and in need of a charge I thought I would still try… and hey presto, it’s working as of 20:25 today (Thursday 16th).

Maybe a bit slowly (cold battery), but better than the variety of seemingly not working Chargrplace Scotland chargers in the area.

Of course, please use your own judgement as to whether to rely on this supercharger while it’s showing as a temporary closure.

Attachments

• E7D047FB-A682-4BCD-B8AC-23308F778E46.jpeg
    E7D047FB-A682-4BCD-B8AC-23308F778E46.jpeg
    375.2 KB · Views: 32
  • Informative
Reactions: Adopado
I had to stop at the Portsmouth SuC at the weekend and 4/8 were unlit and out of action. Not sure if this is a common thing for this location or not as I've never had to use it before.
I live just down the road from these so have never used them, however it is 2100 on a Thursday night and the app is showing only 4 available...so I guess it's quite common.

On another note the tech park is trying to do a mass redevelopment of the site and I have heard 3rd hand (probably more like 12th hand) that they want rid of the chargers to put office/warehouse facilities up...maybe Tesla know this so aren't bothering to fix the ones that are broken?

Is the road still a bit bumpy?
Yes! I was taken by surprise, you come off the A3 or A27 and I expected to still be doing 40+ given the style / location of road but nope, limit is 30. I didn't realise until I almost took off, pretty sure the car bottomed out at one point :D

Be a shame if these do indeed get binned off as suggested above - useful spot for those travelling east / west along the bottom.