Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Charging at Sevenoaks Kent at the moment. Satnav info is not accurate and says left when you arrive but is on the right in a Hotel car park. Pretty obvious you would think but when you are looking left you can miss the entrance as I did. Satnav usually takes you right to the SC's. Only CCS but is a new install, clearly marked as charging only, away from the hotel entrance and no parking enforcement (at the moment).

5 mins away from my work

Does anyone know if its free to use and park for these? or do we still have to pay to park
There's signage explaining that parking is free if you register your car at the Derbion customer service desk on the 1st floor. A photo of the sign was posted on TOUK, it's on the pillars next to the chargers. A nice touch from the shopping centre. You'll be requested for "evidence of your charge session", I presume showing the car status on the phone app would suffice.

💥Alex Rogers first with the news again. Looks like the works happening at Thurrock (M25) services is the joint Supercharger/GridServe site. Great news!
49334199-F253-4B2E-B0B4-CFD527467AB3.jpeg

Matches the proposed location on the plans too.

View attachment 719107
I hope Birch have a bit of a rethink on the markings for these. They appear to be next to the ecotricity ones which, when you reverse in, you have to be pretty tight in to the chargers and even then your nose sticks out into the roadway considerably In a Model S. outlander driver next to me said he feels the same. The idea is you slip between the posts but it’s tight and if you’ve just come off a scruffy winter M62 you’re either cleaning your camera or looking at the screen and praying it’s the posts the sensors are seeing. If they deploy the usual bumper hump thing then I think there’ll be even more sticky-outey action going on! Probably only needs a markings rethink to be fair. As the roadway it is on is fairly wide. I’m sure it’ll be fine let’s wait and see
6E34A292-ADE7-4924-899A-A613FFDC3918.jpeg

• Helpful
Reactions: quavey and CMc1
13 supercharger bays and a lounge being planned for the new Norwich Service centre according to the map posted by @SB61 here:
Try this!!!

I had a look at the Norwich City Council planning website and found a similar map as part of application 21/01218/A but the proposed site plan didn't include the supercharger details.

• Informative
Reactions: CMc1
On second look it says “8 shared load chargers” across 13 bays (possibly for the extra wide spaces”, but are these not usual destination chargers? Couldn’t see Supercharger on plans.
I was assuming the shared load chargers are wall connectors, these are at the bottom (west side) of the map but top left (north side) shows the following detail in SB61's map which I interpret as indicating Supercharger tombstone foundations and bump strips for each of 13 parking bays plus an entrance for a "SUC Lounge":

2021-10-14 153005 Norwich SuC bays.png

13(!?) is a weird number though as it would need an extra charging cabinet. And potential charging cabinet locations are not shown.
I'm wondering if this is an unofficial draft map so I don't know how reliable it will prove to be...

• Helpful
Reactions: CMc1
I hope Birch have a bit of a rethink on the markings for these. They appear to be next to the ecotricity ones which, when you reverse in, you have to be pretty tight in to the chargers and even then your nose sticks out into the roadway considerably In a Model S. outlander driver next to me said he feels the same. The idea is you slip between the posts but it’s tight and if you’ve just come off a scruffy winter M62 you’re either cleaning your camera or looking at the screen and praying it’s the posts the sensors are seeing. If they deploy the usual bumper hump thing then I think there’ll be even more sticky-outey action going on! Probably only needs a markings rethink to be fair. As the roadway it is on is fairly wide. I’m sure it’ll be fine let’s wait and see View attachment 720005
In hindsight, my point here is slightly flawed as people have pointed out the actual location of the new chargers which is the opposite side of the carpark. Not sure of these existing ones will be relocated or remain.