Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Edinburgh Newbridge expansion all in place, but still coned off with a neat label on each saying "Not switched on" and "Do not use".

They still need to repaint the parking bays before they are ready for use:View attachment 755978
Looks like the Nav data entry has been corrected to reflect reality on the ground: Edinburgh - Newbridge has gone back to showing 8 stalls total on the Nav.

I noticed that Inverness also shows the correct total of 6 x 150 kW (V2): for a long while after opening it showed 4 x 150 kW on the car Nav and app.

2022-01-17 Nav Edi Newbridge.jpg
2022-01-17 Nav Inverness.jpg

Looks like the Nav data entry has been corrected to reflect reality on the ground: Edinburgh - Newbridge has gone back to showing 8 stalls total on the Nav.

I noticed that Inverness also shows the correct total of 6 x 150 kW (V2): for a long while after opening it showed 4 x 150 kW on the car Nav and app.

Inverness only had 4 operating originally. 2 more were installed but not connected. It's shown 6 since spring 2021 when the other two were connected.

Reactions: cezdoc
I just noticed that Derby appears to be missing from Tesla's website map. Has it disappeared or did it never formally appear?

Can't find anything specific about it in this thread since it was opened.

View attachment 754422

I've done a couple of spot checks and as far as I can tell Tesla last updated the UK supercharger list in the first half of November. At that point Derby was at least partly commissioned (6 of 12) but for some reason wasn't added - the last website updates were to remove London - Tower and add Flimwell. Derby wasn't a "coming soon" pin so I don't think it has ever been added to Tesla's webpage listing & map.
The Nav shows 12 stalls available and I think I've seen a couple of posts on FB indicating that is the case on the ground - there's been some discussion about out of hours access and getting parking tickets validated.

Derby added to Tesla’s site with 12 stalls.
Derby Supercharger | Tesla UK
Derby Supercharger | Tesla UK

Reactions: Nick77 and cezdoc
just wanted to ask the question about it... :D

but by the way - it is not shown in the tesla website "supercharger map" Find Us | Tesla
View attachment 756991
I'd keep checking back over the next couple of days - I don't know how these things work under the frunk, as it were, but I recall previously noticing the website listings and map got out of synch for a day or two while information was being updated. The UK "coming soon" pin info is due a refresh as (at time of writing this) several pins still have target opening of Q4 2021.

Conversely, the London - Brent Cross marker pin has now disappeared from the interactive map after disappearing from the UK list yesterday.

There‘s a lot of speculation about Welcome Break’s strategy for petrol stations & EV charging. They look to be setting up their own branding for charging and petrol stations. The WB services have also been slow to get the old Ecotricity chargers replaced with newer Gridserve ones and at South Mimms services they have set up some charging stations, although not live yet, under the WB branding so the chargers could have the WB branding at new locations.
Welcome Break are definitely going for their own charging network for their sites and have even recruited a key member of staff for a company we all know and particularly love….. 😜
it is unclear whether they are now hostile to Tesla, GridServe or others, or whether they’ll still host Tesla.

cool. not that I plan to use one as home is like 4 miles away, but still interesting.

I know there is in car park behind morrisons as well, and then one, usable is in Octagon in Burton...
The one at the back of Octagon in Burton (next to Asda) is an Osprey charger. I asked ZapMap to add this months ago but its still not there. There's also a GeniePoint at Morrisons, an Instavolt, and a BP Pulse that rarely works.

How on Earth do you get into the Derby Supercharger? Is it in one of the underground/overground parking structures?
as far as I am aware, there's multistory over round car park at Intu/Westfield/Derbion shopping centre (lost the names already, changed it 3 times in last 10 years!), accessible from London road just past M&S.

It should be located at level 4, if directions are correct.

Reactions: Nick77
Gridserves Electric Hub is progressing nicely at Moto Swansea West. 6 x 350kw Gridserve branded ABB chargers have already been installed.
Ducting and power cabinet bases for 6 additional high powered chargers have been installed, unfortunately they dont seem to be the correct configuration to accommodate Tesla tombstones. I hope im wrong as South West Wales/The wider Swansea city area could do with a supercharger location. In any case its a great addition to the charging network along the M4 corridor in Wales.

Attachments

• 2022-01-18 15.52.39.jpg
    2022-01-18 15.52.39.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 65
  • 2022-01-18 15.52.06.jpg
    2022-01-18 15.52.06.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 61