Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there no way to have bigger PV but curtailing export (maybe turning off panels accordingly if you have no consumption need)?
Yes. Many installs are oversized but the inverters limit to 3.7kW out of the box. In theory the option to unlock the limit is supposed to be behind a password known only to the installer. In reality it isn't, and given how quickly installers go out of business, probably a good thing.

The green recovery HV cables were laid to make the capacity available closer to the MSPs (OFGEM funded). The charger companies still then had to apply for the connections off the end of the cables and pay for them.

But I’d hope/expect chargers companies would not be prevented from applying due to eg MSA preferences like Moto. If they want exclusive they should fund the entire HV upgrade. If OFGEM fund then Moto shouldn’t be able to block access to other chargers for example

Reactions: JupiterMan
WB are being very obnoxious altogether. They have forced the GS chargers offline at several M1 services so wouldn't surprise me if they hobble all tesla superchargers at their services by trying to take all the power.

I've noticed the M1 Leicester GS chargers have been down for a while now covered up.

I assumed it was because GS had upgraded them to the new units but if its WB forcing them offline that's not good for anyone.

Just at it seems like we have an answer to the EC monopoly a new one looks like starting.

With increasing EVs we need more chargers of any type for everyone. Government needs to get involved to sort out these pointless games.

Am so glad we didn't go full EV, it's looking like our X will soon just get used for local run around trips. Queuing for fuel on a regular basis isn't my idea of progress.

Coming up to 100K miles in EVs, and I hate to admit its looking like Toyota may have had it spot on all along with their 'self charging hybrids' :(.

I love our X, but the RX450H I test drove years back really was quite sublime, and the definition of 'Quality'. The way public charging is headed I wouldn't resist a 450H if pushed.

So I thought I check out the local SC for some context this AM. Totally empty but the I presume 'free' Podpoint charger were pretty rammed.

52641521041_b1d25c48cc_c_d.jpg

Also for anyone interested, the WiFi speeds at Leicester SC is good enough for GeForce Now with RTX, so no need for Razyen upgrade :)

52641530041_01ee320c3f_c_d.jpg

Just discovered that the prices shown in the car are not what’s actually charged. They might show 43p/kWh but they’re still charging 69p.

There’s a little note saying “prices change at midnight”, so they’ve been advertising the false price for over a week now.

Just discovered that the prices shown in the car are not what’s actually charged. They might show 43p/kWh but they’re still charging 69p.

There’s a little note saying “prices change at midnight”, so they’ve been advertising the false price for over a week now.
If they have not charged the advertised price complain.
The phrase "prices change at midnight today" is not a get out not least "midnight today" already happened. Midnight is the start of the day not the end so by definition midnight today is always in the past.

side note though isn't 43p the new offpeak and 69p the old peak rate so that is not comparing like with like is it?

I’ve seen a report on another forum of work at Newark-on-Trent at Maltings Retail Park of 6 Osprey chargers going in and building work for what “looks like at least 8 Tesla Superchargers”. No pictures yet though.

However, it’s been under construction for a while so it would be interesting to see any progress and not just the kit piled up and no work.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: CMc1
Used the superchargers at Hilton Heathrow Terminal 5 yesterday. There were only 4 cars there, yet it was charging at a very slow 37 kW for half an hour, until I gave up. I asked two of the other drivers if they were charging any better, and they all reported the same slow speed for some reason. Something to be aware of - hopefully it'll get fixed soon.

Reactions: adsheff
Used the superchargers at Hilton Heathrow Terminal 5 yesterday. There were only 4 cars there, yet it was charging at a very slow 37 kW for half an hour, until I gave up. I asked two of the other drivers if they were charging any better, and they all reported the same slow speed for some reason. Something to be aware of - hopefully it'll get fixed soon.
What time of day was it?

I’ve seen a report on another forum of work at Newark-on-Trent at Maltings Retail Park of 6 Osprey chargers going in and building work for what “looks like at least 8 Tesla Superchargers”. No pictures yet though.

However, it’s been under construction for a while so it would be interesting to see any progress and not just the kit piled up and no work.
The attached picture is copied from the Ndili Superchargers app. Another earlier photo appears to show footings for at least 10 stalls (some are hidden by the tent); a comment in the app yesterday indicated roadworks to allow power to be connected are underway so it appears good progress is being made at Newark.

BE1918AE-C0B1-42D9-A4BC-3A63BE634FFA.jpeg

• Helpful
Reactions: Stuart1714 and CMc1

Not come across that APP before - I may be the only one ... but I've added a link in case anyone else interested.

"It builds on top of SuperCharge.info, and adds several features including check-ins, photos, nearby points of interest, discussion forum and user comments for each Supercharger
One goal of Superchargers For Tesla is to provide near-real-time status of each Supercharger
"

I was there about 2 weeks ago, plugged in and walked into the hotel. When I came back it was only on about 40kW. Moved to a different stall fed from a different cabinet and it was fine.