Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes you are quite right. Arrived at the charger in Whitley Bay yesterday and found first one not working so moved to one of the other 3 and got a good charge. My Fastned account now says I have completed the registration for Autocharge so next week will try the one at Barnard Castle and see if this works.

Reason for all this prep is that I will be on holiday in the Netherlands in June so want a backup option to Supercharging in case of queues or for convenience.
Maybe start a Fastned thread?

Here's picture from Denbies Vineyard (Dorking) which looks nearly complete with 8 stalls but also 3 destination chargers :)

View attachment 871739

Looked pretty much the same yesterday except the destination chargers had been ICEd.

Some of the superchargers (left 2 or 3) were clearly in a different state of install. Difficult to know (ie I didn't pay too much attention) if those were in addition to those in photo or the same ones. Whilst no cars on charge, no evidence that any had been commissioned. Oddly not on the supercharger map as in use or pending either Find Us | Tesla

Thank goodness for that.. the Southern M25 was a no charge zone between Heathrow and Sevenoaks..

Whilst better than nothing if needing to charge, still quite a detour from M25. Great for A24 though.

Last edited:
Reactions: roadcred
I used the Derby supercharger yesterday. Next to me was a driver plugging in and charging a BMW. The person doing so said it can be done via a BMW app, but the Derby superchargers are not on the “available to non Tesla” list. Anyone know if other Tesla only chargers are also available to other vehicles ?

I used the Derby supercharger yesterday. Next to me was a driver plugging in and charging a BMW. The person doing so said it can be done via a BMW app, but the Derby superchargers are not on the “available to non Tesla” list. Anyone know if other Tesla only chargers are also available to other vehicles ?
First I have heard of this. Was he a BMW employee? Sounds like some sort of trial they are conducting. If it was available to anyone there would have had to be notifications to owners and that would have become public knowledge very quickly.

I charged at Guildford Spectrum Supercharger site yesterday but only on the 7kW Tesla wall connectors. This shows power is live to the substation and Tesla hardware. Last week the Superchargers had the logo backlights installed and they were also briefly powered on for testing so it really seems like it will have the switch flicked any moment now.

• Informative
Reactions: SR-Plus and cezdoc
First I have heard of this. Was he a BMW employee? Sounds like some sort of trial they are conducting. If it was available to anyone there would have had to be notifications to owners and that would have become public knowledge very quickly.
I didn’t ask if they worked at BMW, but the person was adamant it worked. I have seen Trentham with non Tesla’s connected too and that isn’t on the list either.

Reactions: Marmaduke 1169
Plugged in doesn’t mean they are actually charging…

Some people are too stubborn to admit they are wrong and they will pretend that it works to save face. Sometimes people are just a bit odd and will park there anyway and pretend to charge to annoy Tesla drivers or they just want to park closer to the shops which is absolutely something that happens at Trentham.

Just been tipped off by my contact at Tesla that Guildford Spectrum should open today. A friend has just been down to check and low outage functions to the stalls are working but high voltage not on so could happen this afternoon. He’s very close so is going to check again later. Nothing showing in the nav yet obvioutlay.

• Helpful
Reactions: cezdoc
023A1E86-E1F9-48BC-90D1-F8CB0617162A.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: cezdoc
Most of the marker links in the original post seem to not be working now. Hopefully most of these sites still happen 🤞
Yes I noticed the links weren’t working since some point last week. Tesla have removed all the Coming Soon entries from the UK (and other countries) Supercharger listing but there are still grey markers with target dates on the interactive map. I think I’ve found a way to link to the map markers so I’ll update the wiki in due course.

Not all the sites have markers now but, when I checked today, links could still be made to get target date info for the “invisible” ones.

Does anyone have any news on when either the Tebay Northbound or the Annandale Water SCs are scheduled to be available? Sadly resigned to having to go back to a hybrid due to the lack and cost of on route rapid charging making EVs unpractical and more expensive to use

Does anyone have any news on when either the Tebay Northbound or the Annandale Water SCs are scheduled to be available? Sadly resigned to having to go back to a hybrid due to the lack and cost of on route rapid charging making EVs unpractical and more expensive to use
No news yet, but it's worth noting that there is a large Northbound 350kw Gridserve site just 20 miles south of Tebay at Burton in Kendal which works well.
As for the cost - check the locations you're using because the price varies a lot according to time of day. Also, if you can, set up a smart meter and get on to Octopus Go to charge your car up overnight - it's so cheap it easily offsets any occasional supercharger usage.

Hi all, little roadtrip today, checked Fleet Services East & Westbound - can confirm that 4x Tesla chargers have been removed and Applegreen Electric ABB installed, looks like they're ready to go as well - hope they do manage to connect the remaining 8x chargers that are installed on the Westbound side.

Also checked out the new Guidlford Spectrum chargers - 12x V3 250kW was to be expected, but also 4x 7kW on what I think was free vend? I've heard about this at Celtic Manor but not anywhere else, does Tesla/venues intentionally keep quite about this, assume the venue takes on all costs, does anyone have any more info?
The V3's were mounted sideways, the same as Trafford Centre and others, so assume plan is to open those to all eventually, but only Tesla for now...

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    617.9 KB · Views: 67
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    527.4 KB · Views: 64
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    604.2 KB · Views: 67
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    396.1 KB · Views: 67
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    288.8 KB · Views: 67
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    500.1 KB · Views: 70
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    479.7 KB · Views: 66
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    612.6 KB · Views: 62
I was at Elvedon/Thetford earlier today, and there was a Tesla technician replacing a module in one of the superchargers (presumably unit 4, since his Model X was parked blocking 4a/4b, and the others were in use). So if you've suffered slow charge there lately it's probably fixed.

I asked about the additional 8 installed but not powered bays; he had no info (other than a guess of "soon"!).

• Funny
Reactions: cezdoc and Sean.
Obviously we had the good news that Dorking SuC is well underway but the nearby Guildford Spectrum Supercharger has no signs of activity when I stopped by yesterday. Hopefully soon, maybe the site team will move from Dorking when their work is complete……
So, Guildford Spectrum: Popped in today for a few electrons on the way back to London. What a sorry sight/site; 12 lovely shiny
units, 3 with Teslas Charging, 1 with a non Tesla Ev charging and 8 ICE cars. I also notice a few non Tesla chargers which were also occupied by ICE cars.
A model 3 vacated to be replaced by a crew-cab ICE truck occupied by guys of Tyson Fury proportions but not as pretty. What's that? No! of course I didn't but I had to restrain SWMBO!

• Disagree
Reactions: Sean.