Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
it is literally down the road from the old Ferrybridge coal plant (2 WtE plants are instead of 1 old coal one). Drax and eggborough are in vicinity... there's shedload of grid capacity there
Not to mention the 150 MW / 300 MWh BESS due at Ferrybridge..

Anyways… back to UK Tesla Supercharger news :)

Reactions: adsheff
Four containers with Tesla covers, likely V3 charger cabinets, have reportedly been delivered Moto Pease Pottage Services according to a post on the TOUK Facebook group. Hopefully this indicates a new supercharger is about to be constructed.

Planning drawings from a 2020 planning application included a 12 stall supercharger but with four cabinets on site this may now be 16 stalls, to be confirmed if/when groundworks commence.

Been a while since i've read through this thread - I could really do with Tesla sticking a few superchargers on the Isle of Wight in time for my week away there this summer 🤞🙏

Failing that, one in Southampton near the Ferry terminal would be really helpful- I'll keep my eyes on this thread in hope for my wishes to be granted!

Reactions: wtlloyd
Been a while since i've read through this thread - I could really do with Tesla sticking a few superchargers on the Isle of Wight in time for my week away there this summer 🤞🙏

Failing that, one in Southampton near the Ferry terminal would be really helpful- I'll keep my eyes on this thread in hope for my wishes to be granted!
Heading to Southampton, Winchester SC might be your best bet (depending on which direction you're coming from). I don't see any prospect of a new Supercharger in the coming months although there is a planning application for the RoadChef at Rownhams Services.

I visited the IOW a few years ago, filled up at Havant and that was enough for a week (in a relatively thirsty, short range MS70, without any way of charging at the place I was staying).

I see there is an Instavolt just south of Ryde if you're over that way - that would be my favoured choice for reliability. If you can find a working 50 kW rapid (and the right app or one that takes contactless payments) it should be ample for getting around - the Isle of Wight isn't that big!

I think the closest chargers to the Southampton ferry terminal are in the nearby Holiday Inn car park, BP Pulse iirc.

For possible future reference, Wightlink in Portsmouth have a two vehicle 50kWh charger in their car park. Or depending on arrival direction there are the superchargers not toooo far away from the terminal at Havant.

Heading to Southampton, Winchester SC might be your best bet (depending on which direction you're coming from). I don't see any prospect of a new Supercharger in the coming months although there is a planning application for the RoadChef at Rownhams Services.

I visited the IOW a few years ago, filled up at Havant and that was enough for a week (in a relatively thirsty, short range MS70, without any way of charging at the place I was staying).

I see there is an Instavolt just south of Ryde if you're over that way - that would be my favoured choice for reliability. If you can find a working 50 kW rapid (and the right app or one that takes contactless payments) it should be ample for getting around - the Isle of Wight isn't that big!
Yeah, I got my eye on that 50kWh instavolt at the Macdonald's on Brading Road, there's are also a few more 50kWh and 22kWh chargers around. Though they all seem to be individual chargers rather than multiple chargers in one place. Ideally i'd like to get to Southampton then charge up to 100% and see if that lasts me the week. As you say, the IOW is not that big, though I expect we'll be busy doing lots of things so the miles will rack up quicker than i think.

I think the closest chargers to the Southampton ferry terminal are in the nearby Holiday Inn car park, BP Pulse iirc.

For possible future reference, Wightlink in Portsmouth have a two vehicle 50kWh charger in their car park. Or depending on arrival direction there are the superchargers not toooo far away from the terminal at Havant.
The Holiday Inn looks a good shout, though again it's a single charging point. The 50kWh and 22kWh options at Rownhams southbound look like a good option before heading to the Ferry. 🤞

Four containers with Tesla covers, likely V3 charger cabinets, have reportedly been delivered Moto Pease Pottage Services according to a post on the TOUK Facebook group. Hopefully this indicates a new supercharger is about to be constructed.

Planning drawings from a 2020 planning application included a 12 stall supercharger but with four cabinets on site this may now be 16 stalls, to be confirmed if/when groundworks commence.
We are poorly serviced for rapid capacity in Sussex right now, so this would be really good news. At the moment the only SUC is at the Crawley service centre, I think 8 stalls, and not very convenient.

I wonder if this Pease Pottage location represents Brighton on the Tesla map (which has been on there for ages).

Construction activity ongoing at Annandale Water Roadchef services but no Tesla equipment for the time being. Planning drawings show a row of supercharger stalls opposite a row of Gridserve rapids, so this will be the latter going in. There’s a new green (substation?) box just up the hill; fingers crossed the pieces are falling into place for a new supercharger there soon.

IMG_5446.jpeg

It looks like Tebay has power supply issues preventing large scale upgrades and also now has competition for the available power. The owners of Tebay are doing their own branded chargers at their sites. The following link was posted on another site.

Westmorland Family Charging
Tebay Northbound today:
IMG_4804.jpeg

IMG_4805.jpeg

Doesn’t look like SuC bases to me yet.

Reactions: CMc1 and cezdoc
it is literally down the road from the old Ferrybridge coal plant (2 WtE plants are instead of 1 old coal one). Drax and eggborough are in vicinity... there's shedload of grid capacity there
The old large power stations were connected at 400kV, the grid capacity problems are further down the network at 132kV and below where most customers connect. So sadly there will be capacity issues for years to come I suspect.

Not strictly SC news but I used the SC at the Ferrybridge Services (M62/A1(M) on the way back to Leicester from Newcastle yesterday and saw that there were Gridserve chargers being installed in the car park row before the Tesla SC row. Could be a handy fall back during busy SC times, it's certainly my preferred stop over Scotch Corner or Woodhall services on my route to/from the North East. Apologies if it's been mentioned before.
Taken from another forum. Leicester apparently.
IMG_0966.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: Big Earl