Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Planned Supercharger for Hunton Bridge (a.k.a. Leavesden) - planning rejected

There has been slow progress on building the Supercharger at Hunton Park (Essex Lane Abbots Langley Hertfordshire WD4 8PN), but it now looks like it wont be happening any time soon.

The local planning application was refused, then appealed, the appeal was dismissed on 6 Nov 2019.
See https://www3.threerivers.gov.uk/online-applications/simpleSearchResults.do?action=firstPage for further details.

Its a pity, becuase half of the infrastructure had already been built.

Planned Supercharger for Hunton Bridge (a.k.a. Leavesden) - planning rejected

There has been slow progress on building the Supercharger at Hunton Park (Essex Lane Abbots Langley Hertfordshire WD4 8PN), but it now looks like it wont be happening any time soon.

The local planning application was refused, then appealed, the appeal was dismissed on 6 Nov 2019.

That is a big shame, but I have to say that having visited this location several times I do think the DNO cabinet (in particular) was very conspicuous, right next to the driveway approach to the hotel.

See my recent post above

Map of promised new Supercharger sites that have never happened

Posts in this thread should only be for NEWS about Supercharger sites. Thank you.
I appreciate your snooty (snotty even) reply. Kind of thought it was about superchargers.....

Have even gone to the site and took a couple of photo's, looks like the ideal place for a supercharging site right next to a major power transformer.

Was going to post them, don't think I'll bother with this forum policing.

Reactions: CMc1 and simon79
I appreciate your snooty (snotty even) reply

I started the thread, the title explicitly says "news" and I stated the intentions in the first post. Insofar as they may not be clear, or folk have, understandably, not read the first post, I clarify them.

This thread is intended for people to be able to bookmark so they get notification of posts where news about Superchargers is likely to be of interest to them and as such there the thread should not be used for chatter. Chatter should be in separate threads, and if relevant a link posted here.

Subsequently this thread has become bookmarked; it doesn't serve its purpose unless people stick to only posting summary news, and links to other threads where discussion is taking place.

I started the thread, the title explicitly says "news" and I stated the intentions in the first post. Insofar as they may not be clear, or folk have, understandably, not read the first post, I clarify them.

This thread is intended for people to be able to bookmark so they get notification of posts where news about Superchargers is likely to be of interest to them and as such there the thread should not be used for chatter. Chatter should be in separate threads, and if relevant a link posted here.

Subsequently this thread has become bookmarked; it doesn't serve its purpose unless people stick to only posting summary news, and links to other threads where discussion is taking place.

Ahhhh,

The importance in life of keeping this thread sanctimoniously smug in the context of all the world's woes and, as a byproduct putting off future contributors and even extracting this reply from me.

"sighs deeply and ..... moves on"

Hear Hear,
I was enjoying thiis thread !

To be fair, it's not the content that's the problem it's just sometimes in the wrong location. I have previously been "guilty" of taking things beyond the strictly "Supercharger Site News" and I can see that maybe I made it harder for people to keep up with the important changes in the supercharger network because they had to plow through a bunch of (perhaps entertaining) chat. It's easy to take things off to new threads when that temptation to drift off topic is too hard to resist!

2 stalls out of action at South Mimms. Only seems to be registering one on the incar map (1 extra in use compared to number of cars plugged in)

9D6E3DB0-2C3F-495B-AE45-EB96C3C3C3D2.jpeg

Does anyone know any progress for Colchester and Brighton superchargers?

Does anyone know where the Brighton supercharger is supposed to go? I tried checking for planning applications under "Tesla" but couldn't find anything. The guy who delivered my M3 and collected a loaner told me he was going to meet another colleague of his at the Brighton supercharger which was completed/working but not yet on the map. Not sure if I believe him but would love to investigate...

Reactions: benclear