Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
BTW, how many stalls in the Western hemisphere and in the Eastern hemisphere? :)
Because I'm a nerd, see here for total charging stations by hemisphere:

upload_2020-1-7_10-45-6.png

And here for total stalls by hemisphere:

upload_2020-1-7_11-0-45.png

Reddit user /r/DrJohnM has reported a new Supercharger at the InterContinental London O2:

Tesla installs 12 V2 superchargers at the InterContinental London O2 (SE10 0TW). Six are currently working with a further six in the next days. Chargers are on the first floor of the indoor carpark.

Parking is free for the first 30 minutes, however, I checked with the hotel and the will validate your ticket if you are using the superchargers.

Up to now, all superchargers in London have been north of the Thames. These are the first in south London.​

View attachment 497501 View attachment 497502

Aren't these just asking to be abused? Poor location -in a car park for a hotel that has a fee. Just like Northampton... at least that one serves the Motorway traffic.

I’m all for expansion but this seems like a poor choice of location.

Reactions: drewpost
Aren't these just asking to be abused? Poor location -in a car park for a hotel that has a fee. Just like Northampton... at least that one serves the Motorway traffic.

I think the charging requirements inside the M25 are a bit different as it’s a huge city which you’re allowed to drive around in your EV and lots of people visit or live there with no ability to charge at home. I think it’s satisfying a different need to those on motorway routes. Let’s face it, considering the electric car is supposed to make cities better places, it’s pretty hard to use them if you were inside as a visitor for a week with meetings everywhere. It’s also a lot harder to pop say 6 miles to a charger. That could take you an age!

I remember the torture of trying to find and get to LPG stations there and so I kind of feel it’s a good thing, especially as they’re Tesla so less susceptible to being clogged up with taxis. If you’re over that way, these could make a Tesla inside London a lot more viable than it currently is. (I haven’t lived there since 3 years ago and didn’t have an EV then so I’m happy to be corrected.)

Reactions: ringi

Abused by whom?

Tesla owners will pay a penalty fee per minute if they hog charging stations after their vehicle stops charging. This policy seems to have been quite successful.

As for the hotel charging a fee, @JCremonini has stated that they will not it charge Tesla owners who are using the supercharger any parking fee as long as they report to reception.

Abused by whom?

Tesla owners will pay a penalty fee per minute if they hog charging stations after their vehicle stops charging. This policy seems to have been quite successful.

As for the hotel charging a fee, @JCremonini has stated that they will not it charge Tesla owners who are using the supercharger any parking fee as long as they report to reception.
Abused by those on “Unlimited supercharging” or ICED.

how do reception confirm you have charged your car at the Supercharger or even have a Tesla?

Reactions: poolmeds
Abused by those on “Unlimited supercharging” or ICED.

how do reception confirm you have charged your car at the Supercharger or even have a Tesla?
SuperCharger stalls can be ICED anywhere to be honest, just like regular EV charging locations.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I thought those with unlimited supercharging would still be charged idle fees per minute five minutes after the car stops charging.

Reactions: Rooster6655
I mean that if a Supercharger site is more than 50% occupied your limit will be reduced by Tesla to 80% charge and you will be charged idle fees if you try to charge further. I got caught twice by this before I noticed and added notifications to my phone. I think you can up the limit after Tesla has reduced it but I have not risked it.

I mean that if a Supercharger site is more than 50% occupied your limit will be reduced by Tesla to 80% charge and you will be charged idle fees if you try to charge further. I got caught twice by this before I noticed and added notifications to my phone. I think you can up the limit after Tesla has reduced it but I have not risked it.
thanks, im new so thats really interesting.
do you have a certain amount of time to get back to your car and move it when it reaches the desired charge level (sounds like your phone alerts you that its done or close?)

also, a question i posted in another thread but had reply..... i keep hearing about SC sites getting very busy at times and queues.....do people queue properly or do people jump in?
some sites (like bluewater in essex) the bays are off a single lane road so you couldnt queue in line or you would block the road hence you would have to park in a space nearby and wait but others dont know who is waiting?
in other sites are there queue lines painted or do people just get on with it nicely?

The map now shows Newbridge as coming soon. This is where the Edinburgh service centre is, so I assume that they are putting superchargers in there.

I wonder if they will close the two at Edinburgh airport. It is only a few minutes away from Newbridge and I am told that it costs Tesla a fortune as it is in the staff carpark at the airport. I must admit we often use it to pick people up saving us the £5 the airport charges. IT is actually closer than many of the spaces in the short term car park.

Was in Edinburgh SC today and they think airport will stay for now as lease is paid.

• Informative
Reactions: MrAliG

I think the 80% charge limit kicks in even if the site isn’t 50% full, pretty sure today the message came up on my dashboard and the site wasn’t 50% full, it’s just one that is known to be busy.

Irrespective, it’s only advisory and you just use the slider to increase the rate if you need more than 80%.