Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where do you report broken superchargers?

Woodall Services, stall 1a and 1b wouldn't work for me it just said starting charge, then stopping charge. Tried a few times, then moved to stall 2 which worked.

So far I've supercharged leeds and barnsley too, both worked flawlessly. For some reason at woodall the connectors are more difficult to release too.
One stall marked as out of order on Nav Map

It’s not unsolvable, pretty much any situation could be solved with enough time and compute power. The challenge is in doing it efficiently.

The point about the traveling salesman problem (and the other NP-complete problems which have been proven equivalent) is not that it is hard - indeed small cases are trivial - rather that the computational cost of solving it increases unreasonably (worse than exponentially) as you increase the size of the particular instance you are trying to solve. Size here being measured by the number of nodes.

However, the real life problem is not as bad as the theoretical one due to a couple of simplifications:
  • The real life problem is bounded by geography. It is unlikely that you will discover a tunnel that can take you from Manchester to London in 10 minutes (whereas in the theoretical problem the links between the nodes could be of any length).
  • You don't actually need the perfect answer, merely one that's good enough. In the theoretical model it's still quite hard to prove that a given solution is a good approximation to the perfect answer, but in real life we can quickly get some metrics by considering the as-the-crow-flies distance, simple routes by taking only major roads etc.
Hence although theoretically interesting, satnavs and their predecessors have been available on low powered hardware for many years. In fact the "sat" part of satnav was the slower to arrive at practical consumer prices.

Facebook reporting Hilton Park M6 North and Southbound under construction.

This site is Moto not Welcome Break so let’s hope this is the start of a new partnership.

Attachments

• C5A4FCF5-E0E7-47D7-BBA9-69902BF5C2AE.png
    C5A4FCF5-E0E7-47D7-BBA9-69902BF5C2AE.png
    798.8 KB · Views: 185
FYI
Leeds SuC is closed (not sure why, hotel?)

Woodall has 1 stall out of action. (Not clear which one. No comments on Zap-Map nor PlugShare).

934266E5-B6D1-4FF1-AC0E-4966A6122230.jpeg
B8DEA1FD-E3FE-4103-9C3E-44F4113FD5FD.jpeg

Weirdly, Woodall showed two out of action half hour prior to my arrival, then changed to one before plugging in. Wish the Nav mentioned which stall(s) are broken.

FYI
Leeds SuC is closed (not sure why, hotel?)

Woodall has 1 stall out of action. (Not clear which one. No comments on Zap-Map nor PlugShare).

View attachment 541717 View attachment 541718

Weirdly, Woodall showed two out of action half hour prior to my arrival, then changed to one before plugging in. Wish the Nav mentioned which stall(s) are broken.

I was at the Oxford services M40 today, and 3 stalls out of 16 not working - same no idea or indication which ones. Had a narrow escape of the secondary charge cable being dislodged and dropping out nearly hitting the car.