Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
does anyone know when / if the leeds supercharger will be back up and running? showing as out of use in the app for a while now or are they waiting for the service centre superchargers to come on line? any advice gratefully received as I need to plan a few return trips that would normally use that charger over the next few weeks.

does anyone know when / if the leeds supercharger will be back up and running? showing as out of use in the app for a while now or are they waiting for the service centre superchargers to come on line? any advice gratefully received as I need to plan a few return trips that would normally use that charger over the next few weeks.
Hi, last time I went past the whole car park was closed off with fencing as the hotel was closed, looking on the hotel's booking page it looks to be re-opening on the 4th of July so i'm assuming once the car park is open the supercharger will be available then.

• Informative
Reactions: CMc1
Hi, last time I went past the whole car park was closed off with fencing as the hotel was closed, looking on the hotel's booking page it looks to be re-opening on the 4th of July so i'm assuming once the car park is open the supercharger will be available then.
Bad practice if so. I understand the hotel closing but the SuC should have remained open and accessible

From what I can gather, the hotel hired Just Park to manage the car park due to Vans from Hermes and other vehicles from nearby businesses using the hotel car park, so they initiated an ANPR camera system and parking charges to limit the impact, so I would assume that when the hotel closed the car park management closed off the car park, but due to the position of the super charger (at the far end of the car park, hidden at the side of the hotel no access was provided to it.

I'm no expert but shouldn't Tesla have stipulations to the super charger installs to allow drivers to access the superchargers 24/7?

Colchester is open: https://twitter.com/21stcmilkfloat/status/1273268479727218688?s=21
6BF07D22-1B9A-49C4-9681-BA5980643C21.jpeg

From what I can gather, the hotel hired Just Park to manage the car park due to Vans from Hermes and other vehicles from nearby businesses using the hotel car park, so they initiated an ANPR camera system and parking charges to limit the impact, so I would assume that when the hotel closed the car park management closed off the car park, but due to the position of the super charger (at the far end of the car park, hidden at the side of the hotel no access was provided to it.

I'm no expert but shouldn't Tesla have stipulations to the super charger installs to allow drivers to access the superchargers 24/7?
At least those sites that are closed off are flagged up as unavailable on the car Nav.

Presumably if a landowner allows 24 hr access they also need 24 hr security - which they don't have income to pay for if it's a hotel for example. In many areas a bit of temporary signage isn't enough judging by the boulders, concrete blocks, gates and fences that are erected to prevent unauthorised visitors / tenants making use of facilities that don't have round the clock security.

@MarcoRP I think a few folk got a bit over-excited - it looks like groundworks are complete but I've seen several reports that the stalls aren't live and it's not appearing on my car's Nav map yet (as of 10:25 GMT+1). Seems encouraging though and hopefully Colchester will be online shortly.
Yeah held off from updating Supercharge Info because of no car charging. Thanks

does anybody know the location of this expected Supercharger in Uxbridge?

Take this information from tesla with a HUGE pinch of salt. IIRC There are supercharger sites on their webpage that have been promised every year for 5+ years in some cases. The locations, time frames and even eventual existence of any of those pins is highly questionable.

for reliable, verified information supercharge.info is the best source, or here of course!

Take this information from tesla with a HUGE pinch of salt. IIRC There are supercharger sites on their webpage that have been promised every year for 5+ years in some cases. The locations, time frames and even eventual existence of any of those pins is highly questionable.

for reliable, verified information supercharge.info is the best source, or here of course!

Thanks!!

I'd echo what @JupiterMan says although the Uxbridge pin is unusual in that it was one of only two new pins added at the start of this year. Interestingly the other one was Edinburgh Newbridge where Tesla now have planning permission for a substation to supply superchargers. I've seen speculation that Uxbridge is connected with a new service area for which planning permission is being sought (Welcome Break M25 Iver Heath).

Reactions: bhav
I'd echo what @JupiterMan says although the Uxbridge pin is unusual in that it was one of only two new pins added at the start of this year. Interestingly the other one was Edinburgh Newbridge where Tesla now have planning permission for a substation to supply superchargers. I've seen speculation that Uxbridge is connected with a new service area for which planning permission is being sought (Welcome Break M25 Iver Heath).

I have just searched for this new M25 Services and have found this:

https://07a68f52-2b9f-4c48-974e-cca...d/07a68f_c668296a93be4f619d030352da1bc5e3.pdf

indeed there will be EV charging stations, although too soon to say!

Reactions: cezdoc
Colchester is open:

Anyone know any opening date for this yet,I dont follow this thread, but knew it was under construction, so while passing today thought I would take a look.

No signage up yet, but 12 shiny new SC in position, tried plugging in and nothing ( now power as below)

Attachments

• 20200622_132652.jpg
    20200622_132652.jpg
    538.9 KB · Views: 49
  • 20200622_132854.jpg
    20200622_132854.jpg
    491.8 KB · Views: 52
  • Helpful
Reactions: CMc1