Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Solstice Park is great news... that’s just as good. Thanks

Yep, it's getting boring dumping the Model S at Tesco's around the corner for the free 6kwh charger.... getting the electric scooter out the boot and driving home....then scooting back to pick up the car. V3 charger is going to be so much easier.

Albeit after I had the V3 conversion installed last week the car gets stuck at 80% update 4 times in a row now, hope the MCU1 hasn't gone.

• Disagree
Reactions: cockneyleek
It seems the Fort William superchargers have been built and are lit up - although not showing as open on Tesla's system and I didn't go in to check if you can actually charge yet on my way past...

They're in a different place to where Tesla's map say's they're being built - they're located in the car park behind Morrisons before you come to Lidl...
That’s good news. We’re driving up to Skye at the weekend, and I’ve planned a shopping stop at Fort William, so I’ll have a recce.

Someone on SpeakEV has found the following locations linked to Gridserve (which also means possible future Supercharger locations!)

———
All these names are registered as Electric Forecourt Ltd with Companies House. This could indicate present and future projects. I thought that I came across one that was dissolved, but can’t find it now. That may indicate that the project fell through.

Braintree
Plymouth Centre
Eton
Dover
Markham Vale
Newark South
Yeovil
Leeds West
Warwick South
Gateshead
Norwich East
Gatwick
Stevenage
Minehead Solar
Uckfield Solar

In the case of Warwick South, an Environment Impact Assessment has been requested on land at Bishops Tachbrook.

Some of the sites will be directly connected to Solar Farms
———

Someone on SpeakEV has found the following locations linked to Gridserve (which also means possible future Supercharger locations!)

———
All these names are registered as Electric Forecourt Ltd with Companies House. This could indicate present and future projects. I thought that I came across one that was dissolved, but can’t find it now. That may indicate that the project fell through.

Braintree
Plymouth Centre
Eton
Dover
Markham Vale
Newark South
Yeovil
Leeds West
Warwick South
Gateshead
Norwich East
Gatwick
Stevenage
Minehead Solar
Uckfield Solar

In the case of Warwick South, an Environment Impact Assessment has been requested on land at Bishops Tachbrook.

Some of the sites will be directly connected to Solar Farms
———

Yeovil, Plymouth, Dover, Uckfield, Norwich are all seriously welcomed area coverage, regardless of your EV brand.

I need to contact these folks and get them a bit more awake for Wales.

Reactions: markrally
It seems the Fort William superchargers have been built and are lit up - although not showing as open on Tesla's system and I didn't go in to check if you can actually charge yet on my way past...

They're in a different place to where Tesla's map say's they're being built - they're located in the car park behind Morrisons before you come to Lidl...
Photo uploaded to supercharger.info earlier. Shows awaiting bump stops

3C0E81D0-C69B-4AF1-B9CE-C8CCE7D08583.jpeg

Seems to me a bit daft that Fort William got V3s and Hilton Park V2s - no disrespect to the people of Fort William, as it seems somewhere I would prefer to stop a bit longer than a motorway services.
Think it was more timing. V3 production seemed to significantly increase (possibly even replacing V2 production completely) just as Hilton park were being built/installed. Chances are the chargers were already in the UK when the swap happened and therefore using old stock.

Fort William is obviously a newer install. Hopefully going forward, all new installs will be V3 with a few sites upgraded where power permits.

Reactions: ringi
Aviemore has been reduced from 12 to 4 stalls. 8 were removed yesterday. If I come across a shareable picture I'll post one; the car Nav currently shows the removed stalls as "busy".

IMG_0378.jpeg

The back story is that the hotel wanted the space taken by the Superchargers back and had even encouraged ICEing of the bays. There's been a long history of problems with ICEing at this location which is a shame as there is plenty of parking a bit further from the hotel entrance and it probably could have been managed if the will had been there. As it was it seems to have been allowed to get a bit toxic with some irate Tesla drivers on one side and hissy fit guests who don't want to walk up a hill in the rain, on the off chance that 12 Tesla drivers suddenly turn up to occupy 12 perfectly good parking spaces, on the other (just my take based on some anecdotes!).

So this is the outcome, better than nothing and to be honest probably enough capacity most of the time. There are many CPS rapids in the area as well. The expectation is that Inverness Rose St will see chargers installed soon, I've read either 6 or 8 quoted, and that will take a bit of pressure off Aviemore too.

Wow. We were at Aviemore on Friday and all 12 were in place and no sign of any works. I saw 4 Teslas including our own using them. Genuinely hope the Roadster HPC hasn't been touched by this - that was the main reason we went in there to check it was still active!