Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Getting loads of ice cars blocking half the superchargers at Amesbury on a regular basis.

Why bother obscuring the number plates? Name and shame the offenders!

Whose car park is it, the Holiday Inn's? If so then what agreement does Tesla have in place?

I think this is always the risk with a site that is this large and standing mostly empty, most of the time. And once one ICE goes in there, they think it is fair game.

It’s also taking up around a third (red) of the total car park for the hotel (blue). Odd agreement by both parties really

C84F0F35-B3A9-4333-97A1-8DB197215DFF.jpeg

It’s also taking up around a third (red) of the total car park for the hotel (blue). Odd agreement by both parties really

C84F0F35-B3A9-4333-97A1-8DB197215DFF.jpeg
your diagram makes it look as if the superchargers take up about 32 former parking spaces. I know there are not that many stalls but have they really lost that many spaces in building the SuC Site? are the Suc Spaces wider than the former parking spaces?

your diagram makes it look as if the superchargers take up about 32 former parking spaces. I know there are not that many stalls but have they really lost that many spaces in building the SuC Site? are the Suc Spaces wider than the former parking spaces?
It wouldn't surprise me, normal spaces are a couple of feet wide, Tesla's are a couple of meters wide lol. In fact I never thought of that but could this be a reason why they get ICEd at a lot of sites?

A couple of quick clips from today. Each shows the supercharger in relation to the main road junction (A1, M25). The one for Heathrow shows the recently added 8 x V3, making it 24 stalls now (4 are under cover for the time being, just like they did for the final 4 at Wyboston a couple of weeks ago)

Nothing special, the camera was in the car and I was going that way anyway - may be useful.

Wyboston

Has anyone got over 150kw from the V3 at Wyboston?
Bank 1 was only giving 25kw last week and despite visiting 3 times recently I’ve not had over ~146kw from any of the stalls even when nobody else charging.

I’ve got 200kW from it. It’s more to do with your arrival state-of-charge and if you pre-conditioned on the way there. They’re not (well, designed not to be) affected by how many cars are there, that was a V2 design limitation

Wyboston is actually a little over specd, 3 x white Tesla mega packs can handle 12 x V3, we only have 10

Last edited:
Reactions: Roy W.
I’ve got 200kW from it. It’s more to do with your arrival state-of-charge and if you pre-conditioned on the way there. They’re not (well, designed not to be) affected by how many cars are there, that was a V2 design limitation

Wyboston is actually a little over specd, 3 x white Tesla mega packs can handle 12 x V3, we only have 10

Sorry, should have said.. on all occasions between 20 and 30% SoC and preconditioned.
Will no doubt be there again soon, will see what happens next time.

What do you propose I do??

Not my land, don't even think it is enforceable as no penalty notice displayed for parking in bays.

What would you do?

Perhaps ask a friendly, local farmer who is a Tesla fan and has a tractor and tow chain to casually arrange for the ICE cars to end up in a different spot.‍♂️

Has anyone got over 150kw from the V3 at Wyboston?
Bank 1 was only giving 25kw last week and despite visiting 3 times recently I’ve not had over ~146kw from any of the stalls even when nobody else charging.

Just like NorfolkMustard I managed to pull close 200kw the other day from Wyboston. Arrived pre-conditioned with just under 20% SoC.

Wyboston was a bit of a result as previously Newport Pagnell (Southbound) was closest to me and you can't access the southbound services from the northbound side thanks to a barrier preventing access, although apparently there is a code or some other way of getting through that I'm not yet aware of.

Not often I get to break any news/rumours but I have a mobile tech doing my CCS upgrade now - sounds like the remaining 2 V2 stalls from Aviemore are going to Thurso which would cater for the NC500 crowd and extend the coverage about as far north as you can go on the mainland. Edinburgh Newbride site may move but that may depend on how much business transfers to the Glasgow and Aberdeen SCs when they come online

Not often I get to break any news/rumours but I have a mobile tech doing my CCS upgrade now - sounds like the remaining 2 V2 stalls from Aviemore are going to Thurso which would cater for the NC500 crowd and extend the coverage about as far north as you can go on the mainland. Edinburgh Newbride site may move but that may depend on how much business transfers to the Glasgow and Aberdeen SCs when they come online
Wow, that's awesome for the north!

Up to thurso is my only regular trip that I'm reliant on cyc chargers. And there was only really the one b&b up there that promotes (non Tesla) destination charges.

So would that mean Aviemore SuC closing completely?

Reactions: CMc1