Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New signage between every stall at Amesbury Supercharger. Bodes well for them taking action if they're ICEd too I guess.

632792.jpg

Last edited:
New signage between every stall at Amesbury Supercharger. Bodes well for them taking action if they're ICEd too I guess.

632792.jpg
not necessarily but if does give you somewhere convenient to stick a fake "Tesla Parking Only. Other makes will be towed, £1000 release fee" sticker if someone wanted to print some out.........

We have just used the Fort William Superchargers despite being unfinished according to Internet searches. I trusted the car and it paid off. Just a short walk from the town centre. Off on a clockwise NC500 but I guess that's the last we will see of those for a while. Got my trusty Charge Scotland card though.
View attachment 597258
They’ve been open for just over two weeks. Best to rely on the car nav rather than the internet.

I don’t understand British very well, but has it been confirmed of where Tesla’s building it? Per @Boff on Supercharge Info, they’re going in at Scrabster Harbour

« Two new superchargers are being built in Thurso, Scotland (V2) at 58.612471, -3.545234.
UK Supercharger Site News »
TOGUK have it on their map now with “planning submitted” however I can’t confirm as the Highlands’ planning site is down.
I did have a quick look a few days ago and couldn’t see anything for Thurso in general.

TOGUK have it on their map now with “planning submitted” however I can’t confirm as the Highlands’ planning site is down.
I did have a quick look a few days ago and couldn’t see anything for Thurso in general.
It wasn't on the Highland Council planning site last Thursday when I looked and the site is still down this morning (12 Oct 08:50 BST) Scrabster is 2 miles or so from Thurso and would make sense as a location.

• Helpful
Reactions: CMc1
It wasn't on the Highland Council planning site last Thursday when I looked and the site is still down this morning (12 Oct 08:50 BST) Scrabster is 2 miles or so from Thurso and would make sense as a location.
Planning site is back up. Nothing for Scrabster or Thurso but it doesn't look like there was for Inverness Rose St either so may just need to wait for the construction to start. I sent Highland Council an e-mail to ask but I wouldn't necessarily expect a reply

Reactions: CMc1 and Roy W.
I used the Telford SCs recently & there were two older panda nosed Model S already charging (still there when I left). I spoke to one of the drivers & he believed Tesla throttle back charge rates on older cars to preserve the batteries/avoid the need to replace under warranty. His was charging at only 58kWh @ 55% SOC.

Sounds about right, I can get 73kwh around 10 to 15% state of charge with a warmed up battery but it tapers down to 50kwh at 50% and then quickly tapers down to 30kwh by the time 70% full.

S85 Dec 2014 128k miles, previous owner was doing Milton Keynes to London daily so probably supercharging. Still getting around 240 miles real range though from full tank. Never really let it go below 20% or above 80% state of charge.

Sounds about right, I can get 73kwh around 10 to 15% state of charge with a warmed up battery but it tapers down to 50kwh at 50% and then quickly tapers down to 30kwh by the time 70% full.

S85 Dec 2014 128k miles, previous owner was doing Milton Keynes to London daily so probably supercharging. Still getting around 240 miles real range though from full tank. Never really let it go below 20% or above 80% state of charge.

Actually I managed to get 110kw on this old S85 today from 13%, I'm sure it's a bit faster using the CCS adapter now

Reactions: SM '15 P90D