Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Purdy Lodge will be an excellent location, sitting almost half way between Washington & Edinburgh, and will make that journey much easier. Heading North a top up at Purdy allows you to get to Edinburgh and back to Purdy without having to bother with Edinburgh airport supercharger which is awful to get to and only 2 bays.

Even the Edinburgh SC isn't that convenient if you're heading to central Edinbugh from the South on the A1, as it's on the other side of the city.

Reactions: CMc1 and Neilio
Looks like an installation in progress at Banbury Cross Retail Park:

https://www.plugshare.com/location/2722

That part of the UK is well served but I guess you can never have enough :)
Banbury cross now have stalls fitted as per recent photo on TOGUK FB. Progress is being made quick.

upload_2020-10-30_8-36-21.png

Last edited:
Any photos and I can get Superchargers.info updated

This is the best I've seen, posted a couple of weeks ago on the Scottish FB group. I don't think this will quite cut the mustard for supercharge.info! Hopefully a scout will be able to take a daylight picture and a close-up of something to show it is Tesla equipment (assuming it is really happening!).

BTW in terms of a name my bet would be "Adderstone" as that's the name of the service area.

Screenshot 2020-10-30 093840.png

Reactions: CMc1
This is the best I've seen, posted a couple of weeks ago on the Scottish FB group. I don't think this will quite cut the mustard for supercharge.info! Hopefully a scout will be able to take a daylight picture and a close-up of something to show it is Tesla equipment (assuming it is really happening!).

BTW in terms of a name my bet would be "Adderstone" as that's the name of the service area.

View attachment 603754
A recent trip advisor review for the hotel mentioned the “car park is like a bomb site” so there’s definitely some sort of works on going there..

Looks like the Wiltshire A303 based Supercharger is back on...

I thought they had completely forgotten about it but they have updated the 'coming soon' from 2019 to 2020. I know this sounds trivial and pointless, but the fat that they have updated it to 2020 must mean that it is still on the go, hurry up as it's only a couple of miles from me and much needed for the South West area.
It is showing as available right now... 15 out of 16 stalls available... it says CCS adaptor is obligatory, that must be the first in the U.K. with that requirement

It is showing as available right now... 15 out of 16 stalls available... it says CCS adaptor is obligatory, that must be the first in the U.K. with that requirement

Actually all V3 Superchargers are CCS only ... and all the new sites that have suitable electrical supply capacity are V3 ... even up in Fort William. Check out supercharge.info and spot the 250kW that indicates V3.

@CMc1 pictures showing construction of 8 V3 stalls well underway at the new Chelmsford Service Centre (currently labelled as 4 x 120 kW in Permit on supercharge.info):

Reasonably solid information about forthcoming superchargers

The stalls have been positioned at the front of the service centre building, in a different location to the four shown in the planning documents (which were "indicative"). Based on the photos and lining up some trees/buildings with Google maps, I'd estimate the GPS coordinates as (51.750300, 0.511400).

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: JupiterMan and CMc1
@CMc1 pictures showing construction of 8 V3 stalls well underway at the new Chelmsford Service Centre (currently labelled as 4 x 120 kW in Permit on supercharge.info):

Reasonably solid information about forthcoming superchargers

The stalls have been positioned at the front of the service centre building, in a different location to the four shown in the planning documents (which were "indicative"). Based on the photos and lining up some trees/buildings with Google maps, I'd estimate the GPS coordinates as (51.750300, 0.511400).
Thanks, sorted.

Also changed Pease Pottage back to Permit based on: Construction mistaken for telephone box: :oops: https://twitter.com/teslaintheuk/status/1318248465470808065?s=21

View attachment 603754

@MarcoRP

FYI, the supercharge.info map has this supercharger mapped to the middle of the North Sea. ;)