Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Aberdeen latest:
Supercharger:

20201104_111612-jpg.136823

20201104_111637-jpg.136824

20201104_111720-jpg.136825

Reasonably solid information about forthcoming superchargers

Looks like they’re going with mixed orientation like Banbury

Last edited:
I think it makes perfect sense if you consider the SC itself might need to supercharge customer cars before pickup and not all of those will be CCS fitted. Given that you have Pease Pottage just down the road with V3s, this is more of a secondary site anyway.
Other SCs are going all V3 so it would seem odd for one to be an exception even if there is good logic to it. Additionally, remember they are planning for the future where all models they sell are able to charge at 250kW or greater (current S and X can do 250kW - just not through the Type 2 port, Tesla connector only until they switch to a native CCS port; and Model 3 can do 250kW now; Plaid and Cybertruck both promise more than 250kW charging) so it it doesn't make sense to still be installing <150kW hardware to service customers who refuse to upgrade their cars. In my opinion, we will soon see that V3 hardware is actually capable of up to 350kW but we know it as 250kW as that's the maximum any car can take at the moment. I predict we will see a software or hardware update to Model 3/Y that allows 275kW or more (and takes the 'fastest charging crown' back from Porsche) and V3 stalls will be able to provide it. No evidence to back this up, but it matches what we saw with both V2 hardware and legacy S/X both getting increases beyond the 120kW charge limit they started with via software updates.

Hi,
Has anyone hot any news with the SuC at Leicester Forest East services. It's all a bit sparse when you start heading to the east of the country - In particular north Norfolk.

I know that it's been mentioned a couple of times on this forum but no recent news.

Hi,
Has anyone hot any news with the SuC at Leicester Forest East services. It's all a bit sparse when you start heading to the east of the country - In particular north Norfolk.

I know that it's been mentioned a couple of times on this forum but no recent news.

I can't remember if the problem with that one is a local golf club or a supplier going bust but either way it's not happening. It's been in its' current state of limbo for at least a couple of years.