Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any news regarding the Rugby supercharger ? Would be really useful to have a stop on the A14 to M1 north corridor. Presently nothing between Ipswich and Sheffield.

LFE would be great... but has been pending for the 4 years we’ve had the Model S.
I'm sure Rugby are due to open this year still and planning permission has expired at LFE so that won't happen now

Any news regarding the Rugby supercharger ? Would be really useful to have a stop on the A14 to M1 north corridor. Presently nothing between Ipswich and Sheffield.

LFE would be great... but has been pending for the 4 years we’ve had the Model S.

The official website for the new Rugby services still say late 2020 or early 2021 so it shouldn’t be too long. When normality returns, I may end up using this one on occasion.

Called at Heartshead Moor today and all 8 stalls still not connected. Any idea when they will finally be working and why there’s a delay
Something to do with a 1 MW connection needed across the nearby golf course and holding Tesla to random for it. The course owner has since died last year and there were talks of progressing with the son, but looks like it’s gone no further.

Hard to say if they ever will...

On a separate note (sorry if this has already been discussed but couldn’t find it on search)

What’s happened to the Warrington SuC? Is it permanently offline now?

Showing as available and in use (1/2 available) on my app*. Suspect the Hotel was closed until yesterday or the day before?

*...but not showing on the Tesla website route planner map?

Last edited:
Reactions: ACarneiro
Banbury latest. Just looks like it needs the switch flicked on...

077C9FB0-E498-4111-9C75-14AE9DEEF4DC.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: cezdoc
If you mean in terms of “which site next?” then it’s not in the imaginary race as it’s already open, the extra 2 stalls are really just final commissioning.

My list of runners is: Aberdeen SC, Adderstone (Purdey), Banbury, Braintree (Gridserve), Chelmsford SC, Crawley SC, Edinburgh SC, Nottingham SC, Rugby (Moto M6 J1).

Activity reported at a few of them in the last week on here, the race is hotting up! Also apparently there’s a road closure next to the Edinburgh SC this weekend, assumed to be to allow the grid connection cabling to be run under the road.
So as per recent posts, Braintree is the winner, evidently fully open already ahead of tomorrow’s official site opening.

TOGUK have suggested that two more _English_ sites could be open by the end of Monday so I guess there’s still room for an each way bet on another site to come in...

Why (like Braintree) do they insist that you drive round the entire site before you can access the chargers (unless you're going to use the Tesla Superchargers)? Once charged, sure - drive round it again.

All those laps are going to add up to a lot of wasted energy over the years.

The only logical explanation I can work out...

1) One way roads are considerably safer, so that explains why almost all parts of the site are one way.
2) Large truck/lorry chargers are parallel to the entry lane on the north side, so they are expecting those to use the site, eventually.
3) Due to the size of these vehicles they've avoided using a small roundabout at the forecourt entry, as it is more difficult for these types of vehicles.
4) They've minimised vehicle entry/exit near the building entry for pedestrian safety.

Of course effectively doubling the number of vehicle movements reduces safety. There are a stack of reports in the Uckfield documentation, maybe it's explained there.

Reactions: ringi
:)Chelmsford SC Superchargers are now live; you will see them on your nav as of now (or app if you're close enoughj). 8x V3.
TOGUK expect Banbury x12, Aberdeen x8, Crawley x8 and Newbridge x8 over the next ten days. What a great end to the year; that would be 50 bays across 6 sites in December alone!
Rugby definitely not until the New Year and Purdey Lodge looking like it will be 2021 too unless something dramatic happens.

Last edited:
Yep Chelmsford now open showing 8 in my app, and Braintree Gridserve showing 6 - I live in Essex. Since April alone they have opened Colchester, Chelmsford and Braintree superchargers. Great stuff. Colchester always seems hardly used, each time I see the app is says 11 or 12 of 12 available. Planning to visit Braintree Gridserve tomorrow for a nose.