Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting, lived in Flint Mountain when at Deeside College, shall have a look next time I'm over at Wrexham with work.
A few times a year I have to go to this area, this charger is going to be brilliant news for me. Amazingly one of the places I go to is only 2 miles from this location.

I also have to visit the likes of Congleton, Sandbach and Northwich area a lot, just hoping something pops up in that area.

Reactions: 94jdh
Leicester SuC are in. 8nr V3 by the looks of it.

@jaminitup was the first to notice these in another thread (unless someone did in this one. Apologies if you did)

They are at the new west car park Fosse Park shopping centre off Jct21. Approx 5mins off the junction depending on traffic.

Site opens Spring 2021.
Very dependant on traffic lol, you could be looking at upto 20 minutes each way at rush hour! Saying that I'm very happy with this news but Rugby could be a better option for many depending on time of day.

Leicester SuC are in. 8nr V3 by the looks of it.

@jaminitup was the first to notice these in another thread (unless someone did in this one. Apologies if you did)

They are at the new west car park Fosse Park shopping centre off Jct21. Approx 5mins off the junction depending on traffic.

Site opens Spring 2021.
A TOGUK member has just visited site and posted a photo. It shows six tombstones installed BUT an extra one with the metal cap still on plus possibly room for one more. 2x V3 cabinets. So, in summary, definitely six, seven very likely, but should turn out to be 8. I’ve asked the member to confirm if there were any another row.

• Helpful
Reactions: CMc1
A TOGUK member has just visited site and posted a photo. It shows six tombstones installed BUT an extra one with the metal cap still on plus possibly room for one more. 2x V3 cabinets. So, in summary, definitely six, seven very likely, but should turn out to be 8. I’ve asked the member to confirm if there were any another row.
Its 8 :), photo by @jaminitup shows 7 with 1 tomb stone covered, probably awaitng the charger to be installed.

Leicester Owners Thread

A good week so far with all five signs of activity being in underserved areas where Superchargers were desperately needed:
•Kings Lynn almost ready
•Norwich East GridServe breaking ground any moment now
•Cardiff Service Centre starting work so hopefully SuCs to follow soon after
•Flint starting work
•Fosse Park well advanced

TOGUK member Amkit Kat has just visited the Kings Lynn Supercharger and it’s basically complete. Tesla refer to it as a “Q3” project but unless they are expecting long timelines from the DNO that seems unlikely. It appears ready for switch on as soon as the red-tape allows.

Attachments

• 83607BAF-6EED-43A7-830F-CE7F4B8D05E5.jpeg
    83607BAF-6EED-43A7-830F-CE7F4B8D05E5.jpeg
    353.6 KB · Views: 72
Flint news- drove past Mountain Park hotel earlier and can confirm they have finally started work on the supercharger at the rear of the hotel. Couldn’t get a pic as quite a few people working on it.

Will go a bit later in next few weeks and grab a few pics.
I live close by. So great news this. One of the YT community have posted a video from there today. Sorry can't remember who it was

Update on Leavesden SC (through the mercure hotel entrance). Was previously stopped due to rejected planning permission. Tesla have updated their site with an updated date of Q2 2021 but no visible change for the last year.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-02-22 at 19.36.43.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-02-22 at 19.36.43.jpeg
    201.2 KB · Views: 43
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-02-22 at 19.36.44.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-02-22 at 19.36.44.jpeg
    294.5 KB · Views: 49
  • Informative
Reactions: cezdoc
Update on Leavesden SC (through the mercure hotel entrance). Was previously stopped due to rejected planning permission. Tesla have updated their site with an updated date of Q2 2021 but no visible change for the last year.

I think we are now expecting an alternative site nearby (as there's no sign of movement on the planning, appealed and lost some time ago). Worth keeping an eye on, but I think you are more likely to see the equipment removed than commissioned. Sleuthing alternative sites may yield results...

Reactions: CMc1
I think we are now expecting an alternative site nearby (as there's no sign of movement on the planning, appealed and lost some time ago). Worth keeping an eye on, but I think you are more likely to see the equipment removed than commissioned. Sleuthing alternative sites may yield results...
That’s my understanding too; the rejection of the appeal was effectively a permanent ‘no’ that cannot be overturned. It was to do with the visual impact (I think when leaving the site) so I suppose there is the possibility that relocating within the same grounds is possible maybe if it is no longer visible from the main entrance road.
It will be interesting to see what happens.

That’s my understanding too; the rejection of the appeal was effectively a permanent ‘no’ that cannot be overturned. It was to do with the visual impact (I think when leaving the site) so I suppose there is the possibility that relocating within the same grounds is possible maybe if it is no longer visible from the main entrance road.
It will be interesting to see what happens.
Here’s the site view; maybe moving the position from the road (over to the right of the picture) with a hedge to hide it, might be enough.

Attachments

• 86548A0C-1C65-49C3-930A-5113A8B605E6.jpeg
    86548A0C-1C65-49C3-930A-5113A8B605E6.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 50