Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Funny thing is, I was there a few weeks ago as our company finished the new car park extension and resurfacing and I didn't even notice them lol!
How annoying to have _almost_ had a new site scoop!

Apparently the East Midlands Designer Outlet site is accessible is available 24 hrs and there have already been successful charges there - which ties in with it being added to Tesla's website.

I've seen a tipoff that there is a similar Supercharger already constructed at the new Cannock McArthur Glen Designer Outlet, which fuels speculation that other McArthur Glen sites (McArthurGlen Designer Outlets in United Kingdom) may host superchargers: take your pick from York, Cheshire Oaks, Bridgend, Swindon & Ashford. I've been to the Bridgend one and it's directly across the M4 from Sarn services where there is already a Supercharger, so that one wouldn't be top of my list for a new site.

That place to get into at Christmas and Black Friday sales is a nightmare. That's their busiest time
… And probably over bank holiday weekends. That’s why I’m skeptical it’ll help (all already maxed out) Woodall for holiday periods. May and August bank holidays are going to be interesting, should lockdown continue to ease and international travel be limited.

How annoying to have _almost_ had a new site scoop!

Apparently the East Midlands Designer Outlet site is accessible is available 24 hrs and there have already been successful charges there - which ties in with it being added to Tesla's website.

I've seen a tipoff that there is a similar Supercharger already constructed at the new Cannock McArthur Glen Designer Outlet, which fuels speculation that other McArthur Glen sites (McArthurGlen Designer Outlets in United Kingdom) may host superchargers: take your pick from York, Cheshire Oaks, Bridgend, Swindon & Ashford. I've been to the Bridgend one and it's directly across the M4 from Sarn services where there is already a Supercharger, so that one wouldn't be top of my list for a new site.
Good to hear it’s already confirmed in use. Cheshire Oaks outlet *could* be “Liverpool” on Tesla’s Map and is perfectly fitting for M56/M53

Reactions: cezdoc
Coue of snaps from Mysterious Mansfield. All 8 SuC working, one Model S here when I arrived. Looking at a map, they are at the northern tip of the car park.
20210327_155523.jpg
20210327_155613.jpg

just discovered planning permission for a new service centre near Guildford. Superchargers not specifically mentioned but charger bases and power connections both are.
About a year ago I had been tipped off about a new service centre in 'Guildford'. No mention of superchargers in the conversation though but it was more a conversation about car servicing. Apparently the plan was/is for the new service centre to be for main range of cars and Brooklands/Weybridge to become a premium site for the new Roadsters.

tbh Superchargers in that area are quite possibly covered by Liphook although depending on detour from A281/A283/A3 it would save us an awkward detour to Liphook if travelling across country from/to South Coast further east than Havant.

Reactions: cezdoc
Just visited the new “Guildford” service centre and there are contractors on site; electrical and general. I could see into the service area and several ramps were still in situ from its prior life as a Land Rover centre.
too early to say if there will be superchargers but the mention of trench work in the planning documents is a promising sign.
Plus Tesla website career page is recruiting for technicians.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: CMc1
Just visited the new “Guildford” service centre and there are contractors on site; electrical and general. I could see into the service area and several ramps were still in situ from its prior life as a Land Rover centre.
too early to say if there will be superchargers but the mention of trench work in the planning documents is a promising sign.
Plus Tesla website career page is recruiting for technicians.
Any news from TOGUK ref Doncaster service centre location? There could be Superchargers going there too under “Leeds East” marker (albeit at a push)

Reactions: Neilman
Any news from TOGUK ref Doncaster service centre location? There could be Superchargers going there too under “Leeds East” marker (albeit at a push)
Sadly not. I believe the winning theory is that the Leeds East Supercharger will be at the Thorpe Park development, likely in the Springs retail area. It is by the “East Leeds Parkway” rail station so the name definitely matches!
Map and details here: Homepage - Thorpe Park Leeds

• Helpful
Reactions: CMc1
Coue of snaps from Mysterious Mansfield. All 8 SuC working, one Model S here when I arrived. Looking at a map, they are at the northern tip of the car park.
View attachment 648456View attachment 648457

That's at the top end of the old/original car park - I'd expected it to be at the top end of the new ovcerflow carpark from the description earlier.

Great news on this one though, as it's about 5 minutes drive from home for me!

More likely at Skelton Services on the M1.
It would be an interesting development if it was; Extra have an agreement with Ionity and have them in or being built at every one of their sites nationwide but have not got Superchargers at any. If Skelton was the first, then it might bode well for Extra opening up to Tesla but I’m not betting on it. There’s also a possibility of some sort of exclusivity deal that means Tesla are blocked; it would make some sense considering VAG/Daimler/Ford/etc would love to inconvenience Tesla as much as possible!

Reactions: Garry TheBiz